Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 9

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  12:10:29 PM  Show Profile
Cristy - I received mine! You are amazing! I have to get my daughter to help me post a picture! You outdid yourself! The Clothespin bag and apron are BEAUTIFUL! OMG you brought tears to my eyes with your embroidery! It looks so much like pieces my Gramma used to make! It will be a treasured piece I will pass on to my daughter for sure! My youngest has already claimed it! She said she is the one who hangs her clothes on a line and bakes so she deserves to keep this type of heirloom!

Thank You!

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  12:54:30 PM  Show Profile
Niki, the embroidery probably is from Grandma's era. It is a repurposed piece from a vintage dresser scarf. I was so happy when I brought it out and saw how well it worked out. I have made several of the clothespin bags, and that one turned out to be my absolute favorite. So happy that you and your girls like it just as much!

Enjoying the day
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  5:22:23 PM  Show Profile
[size=2]
My mom frequently said that that the faster she went the behinder she got,,,,so true for me today!
I was in a rush to mail packages and somehow got mixed up with who got what and I sent tea to Niki and the package was to go to Hannah. Niki, please enjoy and I will send out another package to Hannah with tea in it. Not to worry. I will send another tea swap to you Hannah, hopefully, tomorrow.
Marilyn, I sent your Feed Sack gifties also and that package has gone to Texas as it should have, I at least got one thing correct...I hope. I will email your tracking number in the morning.
WHEW, what a mess,
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  5:37:34 PM  Show Profile
Kathy, I hear your mom as well as my own, giving advice needed by young girls learning to sew and cook, etc. It is great advice for oldies too. I do hope you have a better days. God bless you.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 21 2021 :  7:05:17 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Kathy - I think that happens to a lot of us at least once. LOL! Farmgirls are resilient.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  02:50:18 AM  Show Profile
This swap has been so much fun.

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  10:26:56 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Becky. And a big "Thank You" to all you Farmgirls who have played in this swap. I wish I had more feed sacks so we could play another round. I so very much enjoyed researching the Great Depression and learning more about it. And, your stories, . . . oh my, how precious. I am in awe at the lovely things that have been made with these humble pieces of vintage fabric. I discovered a new vintage pattern that has me thinking about another swap for the spring. In the meantime, I have to get my project finished. I have three of the four items completed and saved the most complicated one for last so I'd better get with the program. I just wanted to express my gratitute to y'all for your love, memories shared and enthusiasm for our Feed Sack Project.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jan 22 2021 10:27:36 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  1:00:34 PM  Show Profile
Winnie - yours is on it way!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  3:33:48 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
My swap partner and I are not sending until first week of February because of other things we have to do. Love seeing and hearing about everything being made.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  5:31:46 PM  Show Profile
Cristy --
I received a very sweet note from you with a lovely bookmark. I have been trying to send you a thank you, but the Quiltwright email address keeps getting bounced back to me. Does the address in your profile need to be updated? Or is it perhaps operator error on my part?
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  8:55:06 PM  Show Profile
I have a few minutes of wifi time.. love the goodies you all are making...
I can hardly wait to see the rest of the seed/feed sack creativity.
hugz to you all.
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  05:19:25 AM  Show Profile
Jean, my email address is still valid, but service has been questionable. I see I received an email from you, so maybe it was just processing slow motion. It rained a couple days here.... environment is in shock!

Enjoying the day
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  1:31:02 PM  Show Profile
Winnie - I LOVE the apron you made me!!! I'm a wee bit addicted to aprons so it was a perfect choice for me :) I love the colors of the pot holder you made so I think I'm going to keep it for a mug rug. My pots and pans tend to over flow and be a bit messy on the bottom. I don't want to stain it! The flour bag with a tea bag in it is adorable! I love that they used a cow as a sales gimmick to compare flour to creamy jersey milk. I'll pass it on one day - maybe LOL.

Here's a better look at the cute little yo yo's and buttons on the pocket:

Sorry, I'm having problems uploading now. I'll try again after milking tonight.

Thanks again Winnie for a great swap! Oh, yours is scheduled for delivery today so you should have it soon :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  4:51:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Very cute apron! Love seeing the feed sack projects.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  4:54:32 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I loved the darling little apron you made me with your scrap!! I am with you, the more aprons the merrier!! These vintage fabrics from Jean were just too cute and they sure did make fun little aprons.

Heather, I am posting the FGOTM swap goodies on the other link but what a fun and wonderful box this cute apron arrived in!! I am happy that you liked your apron too. Just an FYI, the potholder is made from cotton loops and is totally good to wash with your other clothes if it gets dirty.

Thank-you for being my partner for this fun vintage feedback cloth swap!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  7:09:34 PM  Show Profile

There it worked! Here's the cute pocket on my apron.

I'm glad you like your apron too Winnie. Thanks for a great swap :)

And thank you Jean for hosting and supplying the fabric for this swap. It has been a wonderful swap!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2021 :  12:04:02 PM  Show Profile
Your creations have been awesome, Farmgirls. I'm so proud of y'all and how you've helped little humble pieces of history live on to inspire us all.
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Pizzarita
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Rita
Monroeville NJ
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2021 :  2:16:11 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I hope your husband is doing better and will be recovered soon. Also, sent your box of flour sack goodies a while ago-hope they arrived to cheer you.

Rita
Farmgirl Sister #6110
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  1:14:02 PM  Show Profile
luv those F.S. aprons! and I spotted a wee yoyo on the pocket.. it made my heart swoon :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  4:43:41 PM  Show Profile
Kathy - Thank you so Much! I am in so many Swaps this month and you are my partner for like 3 of them so I didn't even notice I shouldn't have tea from you - LOL! I did get it and I loved it! It is the end of the Marking period and the end of Semester one for me/my students so it is crazy time!!! I am teaching my students still 100% remote and I just got 7 new students added to my roster so My head is spinning a wee lil bit!!!!
I am working on closing out my grade book by tomorrow so I can get back to playing with my Swaps.

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  5:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Halfway done making my feed sack stuff. I need to finish tomorrow or will have to mail from San Antonio. Ed and I are going to go there and stay in a timeshare for 5 nights. Probably not much open to do there, and if we get restaurant food it will be carry out or delivery, but hope to get some along-the-river walking in. I may take my Dotee doll fixins with since a lot needs to be added on by hand. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  6:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Jean, it was a wonderful swap and I truly enjoyed creating various things from the feedback! It was beautiful! Everyones creations are so awesome! Loved this ...

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

doctordar
True Blue Farmgirl

147 Posts

Darlene
Newport WA
USA
147 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  9:53:03 PM  Show Profile
Jean, your feedsack creations are finished! I'll get them into the mail to you on Wednesday. I had sew much fun with this swap! Thank you for your generosity and of the feedsacks and your time to host this one.
Hugs and stitches!

Dream - Believe - Manifest
She believed she could...so she did!
Farmgirl #7049
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  10:00:35 PM  Show Profile
Doctordar . . . ALERT! ALERT! I am not your partner. Joan Piercy in North Carolina is your partner. Be sure you send to the right person. But I'll be looking forward to seeing pix of your creations.
hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  10:53:28 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Gail -

You package should be delivered tomorrow. I hope you enjoy what I sent.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page