Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021 Next Topic
Page: of 9

doctordar
True Blue Farmgirl

147 Posts

Darlene
Newport WA
USA
147 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  11:23:12 AM  Show Profile
Jean, I received the feed sack on Friday. Can't wait to create! Thank you!

Dream - Believe - Manifest
She believed she could...so she did!
Farmgirl #7049
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  8:10:58 PM  Show Profile
I received mine Saturday. So pretty. Now... the fun part begins,..decisions ?????

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2021 :  8:15:03 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Darlene and Mary for letting me know. All feed sack deliveries have now been accounted for. Let the creative fun begin . . .
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  12:53:31 AM  Show Profile
Well lookie here what I got from Ms. Katmom. Grace is such an over-achiever -- she had this all done before she headed for the border to go MIA. Too too wonderful. Solar clothes pin bag, adorable heart that I might use as a pin cushion, bowl (not bowel) covers that my husband absconded with, crafty pot holder, wonderful pin with extra yo yos to make another (I need lessons). Now I've been pinning up this uncut rats nest I call my hair and I'm gonna attach the pin to a hair clippy thingy and pin it on my "almost" man bun. Will post pix if it works.

A big thank you to Katmom for her extra efforts. Everything is very retro and very wonderful. Megahugs to her -- hopefully her down south project is moving along well and we'll have her back in action soon.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  06:55:52 AM  Show Profile
Super adorable Grace! Same feedback material I got but much nicer creations than me. (She's so darn gifted!!) ;)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Jan 12 2021 5:24:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  07:00:32 AM  Show Profile
RITA....
Please send me your address.....Thank you

Mary ( Madelena)

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

Pizzarita
True Blue Farmgirl

228 Posts

Rita
Monroeville NJ
USA
228 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  07:12:53 AM  Show Profile
Hi Mary. I sent emails with my address but I guess you didn't get them. I received your address and will send your box today. I am emailing again with my address. sorry for the confusion.

Rita
Farmgirl Sister #6110
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  10:43:57 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'm going to make my swap items this week. I think I have finally decided what to make. LOL! I always have so many projects and love making new things.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:14:18 PM  Show Profile
Cristy -- Absolutely, if you're ready -- send it. The "first week in February" is just a drop dead date meaning mail it no later than then. But early is always good. I got mine already because Katmom knew she had to go out of town and made her project immediately when she received her feed sack -- lucky me. She's not so lucky, I've been dawdling along thinking about it, but today . . . oh my goodness let me tell you about today . . .

You know the saying, "When life gives you lemons, make lemonade"? Well today was one of those days and it turned out so very delightful. Ferocious winds here in Northern Idaho and Washington -- trees down and lots of wind related issues. Power was out when I got up this morning and just came on a few minutes ago -- so basically out all day. DH had wood stove going and tea kettle on it when I got up, so we had coffee from the French press and discussed what to do with our powerless day. I decided that it was a perfect scenario for working on my feed sack project. Lots of windows in my studio, so the light is quite good even without power. I cleaned off my large work table and laid out the feed sack to pin on the pattern. Haven't used a real paper pattern that you cut out with scissors in ages as I do everything with my fancy tools and machines these days. So, it was a refreshing step back in time. Got everything (4 different thingies with 3 different companion fabrics) cut out and it's all ready to sew up now that the power is back on. It really made me think about life during the depression era when many folks were living day to day without power. But, rest assured, I won't be sewing my projects by hand. Now that is just asking too much for this 21st Century Farmgirl. But it was a fun day. . .
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jan 14 2021 12:35:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2021 :  5:47:13 PM  Show Profile
Jean, it's good to hear the power is back on!I heard earlier today the northern states were hit hard by the wind. It will pick up here tomorrow, but nothing like that. Good thing as I will be on my way to the post office. :)

Enjoying the day
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2021 :  11:06:45 PM  Show Profile
Ida Jane, mailed your package Thursday and the man assured me it would arrive Tuesday! I hope you like it!

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  2:39:50 PM  Show Profile
***SPOILER ALERT *** SPOILER ALERT *** I want to share one of the things I made for my Feed Sack Project. Why, you ask? Because I'm hoping everyone of you will make one of these adorable Flyswattwer Aprons for yourself from your leftover feed sack scraps to add to the delightful creations you will receive from your partner. All you need is one 7-in square and a 3"wide strip of a companion fabric. Check out the easy peasy instructions on page 226-27 of Mary Jane's Idea Book. Not to worry, my partner Grace is still getting three other depression era inspired items not shown here . . . LOL.

Now for those of you who have inquired about getting more feed sacks, I would suggest checking Etsy or EBay where these kinds of things sometimes show up. As I mentioned in a previous post, I got the ones we have been using many years ago at an estate sale in Reno. So if you frequent auctions, estate sales, or thrift shops, be on the lookout and you just might get lucky and find some.

Hope y'all are having fun with this project. I know I sure am. Have two things made and will work on the third today, and I'll be sure to save a 7-inch square to make myself a flyswatter apron.

jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jan 16 2021 2:44:27 PM
Go to Top of Page

Quiltwright
True Blue Farmgirl

346 Posts

Cristy
LAKE HAVASU CITY AZ
USA
346 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  3:51:34 PM  Show Profile
Adorable!
Niki, your feedsack creations are supposed to arrive on Tuesday. I absolutely enjoyed making them!

Enjoying the day
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 16 2021 :  5:42:20 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I'll look at the Idea Book for that pattern. Looks easy enough that I could figure it out. I also have another flyswatter pattern with a very cute saying to embroider on the front with a fabric on the back.

I've gotten several ideas and have finally decided which ones to make. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2021 :  5:08:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm blown away Jill by your skills and kindness! The apron, rhe mask, the journal, the teas, clips & biscoff! I adore the material but I've never had a nicer apron! Or mask! :D thank you so much! Its all so wonderful my heart swelled hugely with happiness!! Thank you, thank you

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Hammahsfarm
True Blue Farmgirl

154 Posts

Nik
Baldwinsville NY
USA
154 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2021 :  7:09:39 PM  Show Profile
Cristy,
Thank you for letting me know! I am still working on yours. I was waiting on some other fabric to come in the mail and it just showed up this past friday. I will be done by the end of this week I think. I will let you know as soon as I send it out. So excited to see what you created. This has been an exciting swap to see what everyone has done.

Hammah Nik

Hammahsfarm
Farmgirl # 8102

The little red hen asked her friends, "Who will help me plant the seeds ?" "Not I," barked the lazy dog . "Not I," purred the sleepy cat . "Not I," quacked the noisy yellow duck . "Then I will," said the little red hen .
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

436 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
436 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  07:05:08 AM  Show Profile

This is one of Nannie's Dish Towels made from a Feed Sack. She also made me pajamas with short pants & a blouse. I wish I still had those. I miss my Nannie every day. I went to live with her when I was 4 yrs old so she was more my mother to me. Nannie was my Dad's Mother.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching,
Love like you'll never be hurt,
Sing like there's nobody listening,
And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  08:18:45 AM  Show Profile
Grandmothers are so important in a child's life.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  11:15:13 AM  Show Profile
How Special . . . and speaking of grandmothers and memories, feast your eyes on this: https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0?ui=2&ik=df6f6f4700&attid=0.1&permmsgid=msg-f:1689236615633624214&th=17715fc0806cdc96&view=att&disp=safe

Enjoy,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:11:40 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I can't open the link without a password, Jean.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 18 2021 :  12:14:42 PM  Show Profile
Might be a MJF thing. I can't do any posting today without putting in my MJF password.

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2021 :  09:53:59 AM  Show Profile
Heather, your package shipped today. I hope you enjoy!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

159 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
159 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2021 :  1:15:18 PM  Show Profile
Yay Ida Jane! I got my package today, and thank you so much , I love the wreath

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

Ida Jane Rooney
True Blue Farmgirl

176 Posts

Ida
ORANGE CA
USA
176 Posts

Posted - Jan 19 2021 :  8:50:03 PM  Show Profile
Becky - So happy you received my feed sack today - I received yours as well. I LOVE the pillow case !!! As I do the gel eye mask, cookie, tea, and journal. A perfect surprise for the after holiday doldrums. Thank you so much !!

Wannabee
"Anyone who thinks they are too small to make a difference has never met the honey bee."
Go to Top of Page

sheridan126
True Blue Farmgirl

245 Posts

Jill
Dana Point CA
USA
245 Posts

Posted - Jan 20 2021 :  12:18:39 AM  Show Profile
Dianna!! I came home from work to find your package waiting for me, what a treat! You have made the absolutely most perfect apron for me!! It's the perfect size and I adore the pockets! I love that you put some seeds in them for me, plus a beautiful garden plaque. It's like a mini stepping stone! Not to mention the adorable gardening gloves. And all the extra crafty goodies, I cannot even tell you how much inspiration those will bring me, thank you so much! I was also thrilled to find Junior Mints among these treasures, they are my favorite and I put them right into the freezer, just the way my kids and I like them! Thank you for this wonderfully done and thoughtfully curated gift!

Jill
Farmgirl Sister 7889

"The most wasted of all days is one without laughter." -e.e. cummings
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 9 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic RE-READ -- Feed Sack Project 2021 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page