MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  12:27:33 PM  Show Profile
We finally completed our latest project. We have all the fencing, gate and shelter up! Now we just need our bucket calf! Well and add the water and feeding area. But I'm super excited! We will be getting our calf or calves in March, but built all this now before our ground was frozen. Even the kids are so excited. Only a couple more months and I will officially own my first farm animal!!

Krista

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2020 :  4:42:15 PM  Show Profile
congratulations. Get two calves, so they have company. Enjoy!!!!

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4714 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4714 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  05:14:45 AM  Show Profile
Beautiful views for your future calves! Do you get a lot of snow there in the winter months? The kids can have fun choosing names before they arrive.

Dawn in IL

Make it a December to remember!
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2020 :  3:47:16 PM  Show Profile
Krista, looks like you are all set! What kind of calves are you planning to get?? I love that beautiful view on your land. Wow, it is stunning!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2020 :  12:52:23 PM  Show Profile
Michele, right now we don’t know how many we will be getting. We will be taking in and bottle feeding ones who’s mothers pass or abandon them. We are getting them from my husbands Uncle when his cows have their babies.

Dawn, yes we do. We have had some snow falls already this year, but nothing that has stuck. I tried asking them the other day and they said they want to name it cow lol! I told them they needed to keep thinking!

Winnie, to be honest I can’t remember the name. I will have to ask my husband when he gets home from work and get back with you! Lol! Thank you. We love our view too. One of the biggest reasons we chose this home!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 04 2020 :  8:18:09 PM  Show Profile
You're going to love it Krista. The baby calves are my favorite thing about dairy farming. It will be a wonderful experience for your and your kids. And don't worry about the name(s) yet. Usually once you get to know the little one the name comes easily. My favorite name was the time we had a set of twins and one was red and one was black. Right away my husband named them peanut butter and jelly!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 07 2020 :  12:49:22 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather that is adorable! I’m excited to meet ours and come up with names. Just this weekend we created a rock path to get us out there. We have the worst mucky clay dirt and you get stuck walking in it. So the rock path will help us get to the babies without getting stuck. So far we are still good since our ground is still dry. But that won’t last long. We may be getting a snow storm this weekend.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 08 2020 :  5:15:38 PM  Show Profile
Hey Krista,, before you know it,, you'll have chickens, turkies, piggies... eeyi eeyi oooo!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  12:34:41 PM  Show Profile
Lol Grace! Chickens for sure, but I don’t know about a turkey or pigs! My neighbor has 3 pigs and we would go see them when they were babies. Now they are huge! They also have goats and we have considered possibly getting a goat. Just still not sure! I need to start small and work up to a full farm.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  1:35:06 PM  Show Profile
Don't forget the pony and bunnies LOL!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Dec 09 2020 :  7:16:01 PM  Show Profile
about14 years ago my daughter started out with 3 rescues,, a regular goat, a pigmy goat and a sheep.. then they added 4 more goats, 2 (not so mini) mini pigs and another sheep..
Several have since gone over the Rainbow Bridge and now they are down to 2 piggies, 2 sheep and 3 goats... sadly I think the piggies will be taking that journey to the Rainbow Bridge in the next year.. as they are getting quite elderly and failing strength and health.. but still pampered.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Dec 11 2020 :  1:10:32 PM  Show Profile
Heather the same neighbor has bunnies as well. They are so cute! And fluffy! I bet Everleigh would love a pony. I’ll give it 2 years and she will be asking for one! Lol

Grace, your daughter is amazing. That is so sweet to hear about how pampered her pets are! I’m curious to see how far along I come. I’m a big animal person but cuddling with a cow just doesn’t seem right lol but my husband is convinced I’ll change my ways shortly after getting them. Goats do scare me lol. It’s there eyes that frighten me, but I have gotten better since the neighbors goats came along.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 07 2021 :  1:08:39 PM  Show Profile
Soooo...... this year has been extremely good for the family farm, so there were no orphans for us to take home. It’s been a double edged sword, because I feel sad that we still don’t have a baby but I’m super happy that the loss at the farm is very very minimal. All the calves have now arrived and we decided we still really want a calf. We reached out to a local dairy farm and they have some bull calves that we can buy. We will be meeting with them hopefully soon to be bringing home a baby.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  09:44:47 AM  Show Profile
If we lived closer you could have one of our bull calves :) I'm glad to hear things went well for the family farm and that you found another place to get a calf. You're going to LOVE it!!! Bottle babies are the best!!! Can't wait to see pictures and hear how much your kids enjoy it. And what name the come up with!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  10:24:27 AM  Show Profile
Krista, this news is getting you closer to starting your first ownership of a cow! I look forward to hearing how it all works out and good luck getting a nice one. I know the kids are excited about the prospect!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  1:01:04 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather that would be wonderful! To bad we don't live closer. We did get a call saying they have one ready to go, but my husband wants 2 and is actually out of town this whole week and I have no clue what I'm doing quite yet lol! So hopefully the next baby arrives this week and we can pick them up next week!

I agree, Winnie. It has definitely been a learning adventure for me. Each step closer makes me excited. My kids are very excited and it's going to be so fun the day they come home.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

April Michelle
Farmgirl in Training

11 Posts

April
DEER ISLAND OR
USA
11 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2022 :  3:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Hey Krista do you have an update? I would love to hear how it went.
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2022 :  10:01:11 AM  Show Profile
Look great! Gorgeous view!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http:www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  05:06:44 AM  Show Profile
Don't know how i missed this Krista but what a fantastic view!

Did you get your calf/calves?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  12:48:30 PM  Show Profile
Hey April! Nice to meet you! I actually did my updates on a few different threads, but we got 2 baby calves last year. One in May and one in July. Our first calfs name is Finnegan but we call him Finny. And the second was Zeus. Sadly Zeus passed away from some health issues the first of December. Finny became quite lonely so we temporarily adopted 2 calves from my husbands uncle so he would have friends. I haven’t named those boys because I don’t know exactly how long we will be borrowing them. We plan to get another baby around March for my oldest to raise as a bucket calf and show at the fair. It’s been such an amazing experience!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2022 :  1:32:40 PM  Show Profile
This is Finny and one of out borrowed calves. The other borrowed calf looks exactly the same.

This was our sweet baby Zeus! He was my daughters favorite. She loved him so much.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jan 15 2022 :  07:06:56 AM  Show Profile
What an adorable picture of your daughter with Zeus. I love cows! I take out Maryjanes Milk Cow Kitchen book and dream of the day I have my own little farm.

Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http:www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 17 2022 :  3:33:47 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Carole. I really love cows and since owning my own, my love for them has only grown. My boys have just been the sweetest and stolen my heart. I hope you can get your own little farm soon. It’s so exciting!

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Barnyard Buddies: Previous Topic Just need the calf now! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page