katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2020 :  5:54:50 PM  Show Profile
Well,,, this will be an interesting Holloweenie fest this year..
My daughter has decided to not take the kiddos into town to go Trick-or-treating...
We live out in the outskirts of town, mostly farm and Ag-land so kids can't go knocking on doors like in the City.. they would be exhausted after the 2nd or 3rd farm... lol!
So the small Dairy just up the road is going to have the barn set up with hay bales, scare crows, some craft activities and of course music.. and we are all going to pot-luck it,, Pot luck eats and Pot luck treats...
All the candies will be placed in several pumpkins and cauldrons and near the end of the gathering the kids will get to grab a handful of candy from each pumpkin/cauldron...

How do you plan to have fun on Boofest night?

(from Jean to me)

(from me to Jean)...
-0- calories and lots of fun!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 19 2020 5:56:25 PM

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4102 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4102 Posts

Posted - Oct 19 2020 :  6:24:19 PM  Show Profile
that sounds like a spooktakular idea. Have fun Grace, and I hope you dress up too!!

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2020 :  2:06:52 PM  Show Profile
What a great idea! We are trying to decide if we should even get a costume for my 10 year old. He said he needs one to go to grammy's - she lives in walking distance.
Hope you have a bootiful time!

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 20 2020 :  7:21:12 PM  Show Profile
I have my trusty Poodle Skirt and cashmere sweater and scarf.. I am so ready...

Andrea,, get your kiddo a costume and after visiting with Grams,, let him watch (not scary) funny Holloweenie movies in his costume...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  12:09:53 PM  Show Profile
Grace, lucky you for this cool option for BooFest this year!! Our neighborhood is full of decorated yards and we have quite a few children. I plan on dressing up in my usual Winnie the Witch outfit and dropping candy in each container. I found this adorable Halloween mask at CVS and will wear that over my regular surgical style one. If no kids show up, guess hubby and I will enjoy the treats. I found a bag of mini candy bars in several varieties we like incase there are no takers from the neighborhood. Love those cute sewing goodies you got and gave too! I also love the phrase, BooFest! that is new to me but such a fun expression.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  12:17:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh, what FUN!!! It seems as though no one here is trick-or-treating, the farms aren't celebrating... it's kind of a bummer. There is a new outbreak of Covid here, so people are being really cautious. The only one I know celebrating is my foster granddaughter. They're going to do something fun for the kids in one of her classes.

Me? I've hidden candy in pumpkin jars I've collected over the years - they're all over the house. Trying to get a treat or two before my hubby finds them and leaves me nothing but tricks! LOL! He has a TERRIBLE sweet tooth!!! Whenever he discovers a little candy cache, he just giggles!

Hugs -

Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  1:40:01 PM  Show Profile
Grace, they are canceling our Halloween this year too. We were planning on heading to the city as well because the houses are so far apart here. The city decided to set up designated areas in our local fair grounds and have the towns businesses hand out treats for the kids as they drive by. So we will take the kids on a drive by Halloween this year. It’s so hard to explain to littles why they can’t do what they normal do. Breaks my heart. I’m just glad they are trying to find ways to still let them do something.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  4:36:31 PM  Show Profile
It is a shame that this years 'sugar overload' will be cancelled or to a minimum this year... but it could be worse... In Ireland, Checz Republic, Germany and many of the Euro Nations are on the upswing for COVID-19 and going back into tighter lockdown,
I checked with my family in Germany,, Bars and hair saloons are being closed down again and in Heilbronn they are setting a 11pm curfew..
In Ireland, where they also celebrate a type of Halloween,, they are going back into strict COVID rules and lock downs..
Hopefully we won't have to go back to stricter lock down rules... but if so,, families can create alternative at home fun activities for their children..
Krista,, I think the 'Drive-by' is a great idea.... then families can drive around and look at Boofest decorated homes/yards.
Nini,, I hide chocolate,(in my sewing room), but I make sure to buy some, the kind my DH likes,, and leave those in the candy bowel... he is a caramel fan,, me, not so much... I am a dark chocolate & nut luver...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  5:26:08 PM  Show Profile
Grace that is a great idea! I'm going to look for some movies for him.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  7:31:17 PM  Show Profile
OH,, and I think I saw "Peeps' in ghost shapes,, Hot cocoa with ghost marshmallow peeps! how fun!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 21 2020 :  7:34:28 PM  Show Profile
OK, I take that back.. they wont be making ghost shaped peeps this year.. bummer!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  09:51:10 AM  Show Profile
In our area they are decorating cars and having trunk or treat.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  2:01:22 PM  Show Profile
awe. that is neat...
Kids need to be kept safe... and yet we need to keep their lives as normal as possible,, we just have to be creative for their safety..

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Boofest is on it's way... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page