Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Handmade Christmas gifts
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Handmade Christmas gifts Next Topic
Page: of 2

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  05:21:40 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
What is everyone making for Christmas, as far as gifts?

Julie
Farmgirl #399
May 2010 Farmgirl of the Month

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  09:45:41 AM  Show Profile
Cookies! I always make cookies and fudge for family. This year I am going to try making fabric baskets instead of buying tins to put them in. I'm also thinking about making some of the corner bookmarks. If I don't run out of time they will get the bookmarks. Last year I got sick right before Christmas and didn't make any cookies. I was so sad but everyone was happy with the jars of honey I gave them.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  4:41:25 PM  Show Profile
We are skipping Christmas presents this . I am sad but is better this way.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2020 :  07:26:16 AM  Show Profile
I ma embroidering pillowcase sets for my adult kids. They say Mr. and Mrs. and have the feather/arrow theme that is popular right now.

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shop

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2020 :  12:31:17 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Andrea, I do something similar. I make rosettes. They are relatively inexpensive.

Ruthie Ann, I won't be celebrating Christmas with my adult children and grandchildren. My daughter is due in November and she and her husband and their children have pretty much been self-isolating since this whole pandemic started. I haven't seen her since January. (They live 3 1/2 hours away). So, I will be spending Christmas by myself. I will still be playing Christmas music, sipping hot chocolate, and watching Christmas movies. I am not going to let this whole covid thing get me down. Sending my gifts to them.

Sherone, I actually had been thinking about making the burrito pillowcases. I certainly have enough stash fabric on hand. Lol

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Folks will know how large your soul is by the way you treat a dog ... Charles F. Doran
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2020 :  03:22:31 AM  Show Profile
I always make a new ornament for the grandkids. I have not decided on what to do yet, but have several ideas. Felt, crocheted, or a little canning jar ornament. I do need to get started on them sometime.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2020 :  05:16:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Ruthie Ann, are in the same boat as me, or, will you still see them and share a meal with them? This whole covid thing has affected young and old alike. Praying this ends sooner than later. God bless and take care.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6702 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6702 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2020 :  12:21:30 PM  Show Profile
I have a couple things I will be making for Christmas. I’m making a cross stitch bear for my mom, a diamond painting elk for my dad, a wooden unicorn for Everleigh, a wooden tractor for Tilton, a wooden dinosaur for Stryder, a wooden temple for my in laws, a makeup brush holder for my SIL, a cup for my brother ( actually having my friend make it), a tie blanket for my Great Dane, and my hubby.... well I still don’t know yet lol! None of the above it’s done so I better get going.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  09:07:10 AM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Wow Krista! You sure are ambitious! I'm lucky if I get a couple of things done. I should work on gifts all year long. That way I wouldn't be stressed out...lol

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6702 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6702 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  2:10:03 PM  Show Profile
That’s always my intentions to start early in the year.... well here we are the end of October and non of them are finished. Most are started, but not close to be finished. I always finish but never as early as I hope for lol.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  3:39:20 PM  Show Profile
I am making aprons, potholders, mitts, and kitchen towels. This should be easy compared to last year when I made and gave quilts to family memembers.

Jana

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2020 :  02:38:54 AM  Show Profile
I made some quilting design boards for my mom and sister and sister inlaw. Working on my quilted ornaments for grandkids. Felting some slippers. It is a start anyways. Not sure what else I will be doing yet.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2020 :  05:40:22 AM  Show Profile
Sadly, no Christmas at my house this year (so sad)

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2020 :  3:18:13 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,,, You need to celebrate for You!
make yourself something special,, then wrap it up,, give it to yourself for Christmas..
Write your self a sweet or silly message of joy,, and attach it to the gift... all to be opened on Christmas..
Treat yourself special.. because You Are!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2020 :  7:05:05 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I love that idea!
The holidays are going to be very different this for us all this year. Perhaps we all need to adopt your idea this Christmas.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

ClaireSky
True Blue Farmgirl

1792 Posts

Julie
Arcadia WI
USA
1792 Posts

Posted - Oct 24 2020 :  7:53:15 PM  Show Profile  Send ClaireSky an AOL message  Send ClaireSky a Yahoo! Message
Some really great ideas here! Right now I started a jelly roll race quilt using my scrap fabric I had on hand. Not sure if I am going to give as gift or not. Just doing some mindless sewing for fun.

Julie
Farmgirl #399

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2020 :  12:44:59 PM  Show Profile
I am in the middle of making 'bowel' fabric covers out of remnants of fabric.. I need to make an "elastic" run into town to buy more elastic.. I peeked into our nearby Walmart.. and I couldn't fine the size I need....

these are 'sew' easy to make...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Oct 25 2020 12:47:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Oct 25 2020 :  4:29:47 PM  Show Profile
great ideas here. now to just get inspired.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2994 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2994 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2020 :  10:07:38 AM  Show Profile
I'm doing a lot of crochet and sewing projects. Some crochet food for my nieces (they're 2) and mini apron and potholder to go with it. Some potholders and aprons for my mother in law and sister in law. Some elf slippers for myself and older niece (she's 11). Having a hard time coming up with things for the guys this year. I made pillow cases last year.

Grace - are your bowl toppers just fabric or is there some kind of plastic layer to them?

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Oct 26 2020 :  10:29:46 AM  Show Profile
Heather,, luv the Elf Booties idea...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2020 :  6:58:28 PM  Show Profile
I hoping to do a semi home made Christmas this year: my small nephews, are getting a few clothing items each in a wooden crate which I will paint or stain and add their names too. My sister is receiving a round charturie board Im making with pieces from the home improvement store with fancy cupboard handles on each side to use as a serving tray if needed, I also wood burned four wooden spoons for her with the names of her four boys on them! my SIL is receiving a solar powered fairy light I made from recycled glass pieces for her yard, Im still working on ideas for the guys... my parents did an ancestry dna test recently, so I thought it would be fun to create a basket of goodies from England for my mom and Scotland for my dad. They are turning out super cute! While not home made per say, heartfelt! I still have allot to do, barely started.

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Nov 04 2020 7:01:07 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2020 :  7:08:41 PM  Show Profile
Also, I had been asking for copies of recipes from my grandmothers recipe box for years,, which my cousin had, my sister ended up making me a soft cover book from shutterfly with copies of all my grandmothers recipes and pictures of my grandparents in it. She gifted me with it last year... I cried. By far, my favorite gift! Just thought I'd share this idea if anyone needs an idea!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2020 :  7:48:43 PM  Show Profile
April -- have your ears been burning? I've been talking about you. Wander on over to the Farmgirl of the Month for November journal page on the Across the Fence forum to see what I said. jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2020 :  11:08:59 PM  Show Profile
This year I'm making mini Christmas scrapbooks, handmade paper crafted ornaments, homemade chocolates, cookies, baked goods and jars full of yummy things! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4111 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4111 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2020 :  04:29:49 AM  Show Profile
Grace, when you make your bowl covers do you do a single layer of fabric or double? I am going to make some for a birthday present. I will be making flannel lounge pants for the grandkids. Material arriving today I hope. Heather that might work for the men on your list. Everyone has great ideas. April what do your fairy lights look like? Happy crafting.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2682 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2682 Posts

Posted - Nov 07 2020 :  7:09:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Michele, heres a picture of four of my fairy lights lit up tonight! I'll try n post day time picture tomorrow!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Nov 07 2020 7:09:41 PM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Handmade Christmas gifts Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page