Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Farm Kitchen
 Our Apple Pie Sunday is September 27th
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Our Apple Pie Sunday is September 27th Next Topic
Page: of 2

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Sep 27 2020 :  7:51:29 PM  Show Profile
Nothing like a bit of Kentucky Bourbon or Irish Whiskey to round out your day. I enjoy both every now and again.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  01:55:12 AM  Show Profile
Lisa love your picture and gotta say it would be a toss up on which of our pies would win the ugly pie blue ribbon. Maybe we should just call it a tie.

Irish whiskey in next year's pie sounds good to me. A Tsp or two for the pie and a sip or more for the cook.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders & your hand over my mouth.
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  05:03:35 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
I love all the info, recipes and pictures!
I made Crock Pot Baked Apples! Turned out wonderful and made the house smell like Fall! Hubby ate them before I could get a picture! LoL! Had dinner in another crockpot and that left me free to do some crafting. Church, food and crafting. My kind of day!

Mary Jane, what a Blessing to have those sweet treats and love notes! Sweeter than anything is your sweet granddaughter! You are a Blessing and an inspiration to me!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  06:42:43 AM  Show Profile
Ohhh, such beautiful and yummy apple desserts were enjoyed yesterday! Hey MaryJane, are you going to make one of your peach slab pies with your latest harvest? I tried out your recipe from our MJF magazine earlier this year when Florida peaches were in and it was delicious. I love that crust and how it all works together. So good!

Last night, I used my MJF Cast Iron Cookbook and made up the Buttermilk Biscuit Apple Pie recipe for this year's Apple Pie Sunday delight. I have made it before and it is so so easy and delicious.

It is served warm and you can add a topping like ice cream or whipped cream. We just had ours plain because it has lots of warm sugary topping on the biscuits. I did not have any of MaryJane's Apple Pie Filling canned, so I just used her recipe, which in in the book, and made up a smaller batch on the stove and used that. It is what would have been placed in a canning jar, but instead just used directly on my biscuits. Last Spring, I began using MaryJane's Organic white all purpose flour that is ground using the old Barron Mill grist stones . This flour makes the best ever anything. The texture and gluten always works with all types of leavening agents for any recipes. I have never had a serious flop since I switched to this flour. You can order it online at her MJF store.

I was excited to see the entries of what Farmgirls were enjoying yesterday and I am sure there were more that haven't been posted. Our Apple Festival this year was lots of fun and I love how we end it making delicious apple recipes and sharing our ideas with others. We can always find yet another delicious way to enjoy the many varieties of apples that are grown across the country.

MaryJane, thank-you for sharing your photos and for Stella's adorable sweet notes. My how these grand babies grow up so quickly! By the way, how did the planting of your new Apple trees go? Just think in a few years, you can be sharing some apple trials with the new apples . With each apple offering specific traits, it is always interesting figuring out how to best use the variety to allow it to be a winner.

I am intrigued with this latest idea of a splash of Bourbon or Irish Whiskey!! Hummm, I could get into that idea in a heartbeat. The heat evaporates all of the alcohol when you bake with it , but it leaves that deep rich taste that is unique to that liquor.

Gail, your apple cake looks beautiful and does it ever sound delicious!

Dianna, your apple dumplings turned out picture perfect too and I bet they were delicious as well.

Sara, I think your idea of the apple pie with a graham cracker crust sounds yummy and nobody ever turned down delicious just because the dessert isn't ready for prime time photographs! LOL!!

Lisa, your idea of changing up the original idea sounds quite interesting and delicious! This is the real secret of apples. They taste good just about any way you mix them because they work with with both sweet and savory ingredients. No wonder there are apple dishes all over the world in many many cultures. They are a fruit that everybody loves. Kudos for rescuing your original idea into something equally delicious and enjoyable!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Sep 28 2020 07:00:53 AM
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  07:16:40 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Winnie, would you share the recipe for the Buttermilk Biscuit Apple Pie - the picture makes my mouth water. Yum!

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4895 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4895 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  10:05:01 AM  Show Profile
My Apple Celebration is Apple Crisp!
It was wonderful! I drove to my Jones Orchard Farm stand 2 miles from my home to select my apples.

My family loves it so much, I am going to make it for Thanksgiving!

Connie #3392
Imagine....

Edited by - Killarney on Sep 28 2020 10:09:55 AM
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4895 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4895 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  10:06:58 AM  Show Profile
All the Apple creations look Delicious!!

Connie #3392
Imagine....
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  10:44:14 AM  Show Profile
YUMMMMM! Hey Connie! I envy you having a close apple orchard! Ours is 8 hours away! So Publix is my apple orchard! I've been craving an apple crisp lately! I had been making peach crisp for Sara and I but they are putting out some yummy varieties right now so I want to do an apple raisin crisp.

Darlene, I do that also on occasion! Crock pot apples with cinnamon and added sweet potatoe chunks and a touch of raw honey. I live to have that for breakfast! Cant get any better than church crafts and food my friend!! Xx

Winnie, thank you so much for hosting! I learn so much from this amazing group of women!! The buttermilk biscuits recipe is a must try also! I love my adventures with you all!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2020 :  8:21:27 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Everything looks so delicious! I'm trying to get a little better with my diet and it doesn't help looking at all these mouth watering delicacies! I can smell them! Yummy! I should close my eyes. Better yet, my mouth! LoL!

Dianna, I have done the sweet potatoes also! So good. Your dumplings look wonderful. I don't know how you did it with your wrist! Hope it's getting better!
XO

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2020 :  06:45:44 AM  Show Profile
Nothing like a bit of Kentucky Bourbon or Irish Whiskey to round out your day. I enjoy both every now and again.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Farm Kitchen: Previous Topic Our Apple Pie Sunday is September 27th Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page