Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 September Card Swap in Memory of Portia
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic September Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic
Page: of 2

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  4:22:48 PM  Show Profile
My cards will be mailed Monday. Marilyn, no the fires aren't affecting where I live on the
peninsula but there were some headed towards Port Angeles. The really bad ones have been
south of Seattle (Bonney Lake, Sumner and Cold Creek fires) and Eastern Washington. We
are being told though to stay indoors until Sunday with windows shut (thank goodness we
have a/c) due to the California and Oregon fires which sent a super massive cloud of wildfire
smoke in the Seattle and outlying areas. Saying prayers for all those who have been in danger
or had to leave their homes and so tragic about the 1 yr old baby who died when his young
parents tried to evacuate from the Cold Springs Fire with him and they have 3rd degree burns
and were transported to Harbourview Trauma Center in Seattle.

Prayers too for all the 911 victims and their families. It will be 20 years next September.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
hands, I give with my heart ....
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  12:20:42 PM  Show Profile
Went to my po box yesterday and had so many fun cards to open. Thanks to:

Nora for the felt apple card with the cute pipe cleaner worm, he is so cute.
Terri, for your musical card, I'm with you, gotta have music each day. So uplifting.
Marlene, loved the pretty Autumn card and leaves inside.
Betty, your card was magical and yes, I do love hummingbirds and the one you had inside
was perfect.
Rebecca, your flower card is pretty and I really liked the list inside of things that bring you
happiness.

Enjoying all the cards so much.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 12 2020 :  5:17:13 PM  Show Profile
My cards will be mailed Monday.. I usually only get the the Post Office once a week. So, still working on a few..
Have a lovely weekend.

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  2:49:50 PM  Show Profile
Thank you for the news about the tires Linda. My heart breaks for the young couple, hospitalized at the burn center. Losing a child, especially one that young is devastating and heart breaking I'm sure. I will continue my prayers.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1744 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1744 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  09:39:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you for all the lovely cards.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  2:55:02 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for all the great cards I’ve received so far. Every month when I think they couldn’t get any better...they do.
Mine will hopefully go out tomorrow. Seems some errands this morning stole my time.

Love you all. Stay safe.

Mary

"There is no unbelief: Whoever plants a seed beneath the sod and waits to see it push away the clod, he trusts in God." (Kate Douglas Wiggin)
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  12:27:24 AM  Show Profile
Fires are terrible here on my side of Washington State, evacuations southwest of my town and air unbreathable.
Stayed inside pretty much all today today except for a quick jaunt to the store. I live on a hillside overlooking a valley surrounded by mountains, but today I could not see the surrounding mountains.

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  05:55:54 AM  Show Profile
Oh my gish Betty. Plrase stay safe., Do you think you will be able to stay at home ? This is just a horrible event . Destroying so many forests, killing so many animals. We will be praying for you.

Blessings in Jesus name.
Mary

Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2020 :  4:24:03 PM  Show Profile
Mary,
Our Air quality is much better today, the sun even managed to peek through the grey sky for awhile.
My house is safe, I already had my "Emergency Preparedness" routine setup in place. That comes
from living most of my life in Southern California, and being ready for the occasional,
unexpected earthquake.

Jill Hauck, I received your card, love the Drew Barrymore quote ! I always wear my "Happy" because
I am not a big fan of make-up :)

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2020 :  4:09:34 PM  Show Profile
Linda, I received your photo card today and absolutely adore it! I love the "back story" of places
like this, plus it prompted a memory from my own childhood. During Christmas when I was small, my family and I
would visit "Hedge House", which was a private residence not far from our home, surrounded by, you guessed it, a very tall hedge. You could not see the home at all from the street, and had to go in through the picket gate to get to the house. In December that gate would be open with a "Welcome" sign hung on it, and visitors could go on the
property to view their stunningly decorated, very large front porch Bay Window, which was crammed full of Christmas toys and decorations of every kind. And there was ALWAYS a Gingerbread house featured there !
Thank you so much for this very special "photo moment" from the top of your Happy List. -- Betty Ann

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Sep 18 2020 :  1:43:36 PM  Show Profile
Betty Ann,
The "Hedge House" sounded like a very fun and festive place to visit at Christmas time
and I enjoyed hearing about it. What a special kindness for them to have decorated the
window and shared all of that with others. I'm like you, I always love to hear the story
behind picture.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  4:54:36 PM  Show Profile
Hello Everyone, I mailed out all 8 of my cards the same day, but as far as I can tell from these posts only 3
people received theirs. They are pretty substantial cards and impossible to duplicate, I hope they each make it to the intended !

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2020 :  11:30:42 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn, I received your sweet Autumn card in today,s mail, thank you

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

451 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
451 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  05:01:48 AM  Show Profile
Betty, I like to savor the cards. I try to force me to only open one a day so I can enjoy each end every one.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  6:58:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh Terri, no way I could do that ! I opened every card as soon as I received ! Patience is Not
one of my virtues !

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2020 :  8:05:39 PM  Show Profile
I think I like the idea or 1 a day... I’m pretty ADD. And don’t focus as well as I should. Always starting one thing and 5 others. Already in the making...

Go to Top of Page

Madelena
True Blue Farmgirl

1919 Posts

Mary
Central TX
USA
1919 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2020 :  10:18:25 AM  Show Profile
I think I like the idea or 1 a day... I’m pretty ADD. And don’t focus as well as I should. Always starting one thing and 5 others. Already in the making...

Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2020 :  6:48:06 PM  Show Profile
Mary, I received your wonderful card full of kitties today, I love love love it! I adore kitties and
have always had them as my house companions. All my dogs grow up knowing you don't mess with the kitties.
The kitty in the box made me laugh, all cat parents know the Cat Motto is: "If it fits, I sits!"
The Tom & Jerry cat audience is hilarious !
Thanks for the smiles !- FarmGirl Sister Betty Ann

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2020 :  1:23:15 PM  Show Profile
Mary, just received your cute and creative kitty card. so adorable. I am cat sitting for my
son's white and grey tabby and he looks so much like the two in the very back. He loves
to perch either at the shelf above the fridge or on the living room window ledge. Loved the
one of them watching the cartoon.

Jill, I also received your creative "happiness" quote card some time ago and thought I had
posted it but see I didn't. Thanks.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2020 :  1:43:49 PM  Show Profile
I love our kitty card too Mary.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

hummingbirdjoy
True Blue Farmgirl

1217 Posts

Linda
Washington State
USA
1217 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2020 :  4:47:25 PM  Show Profile
Marilyn,
I just received your September "Autumn" leaf card in the mail today. Guessing that
the mail is still a bit slow. It is so pretty and I have to agree that Autumn is messy. Once
the rain and wind come, there are masses of leaves everywhere, still they are so pretty
in the gold, orange and brown colors.

Farm girl Sister #7074
What I make with my
Go to Top of Page

DancesWithHorses
Farmgirl in Training

40 Posts

Betty
Colville WA
USA
40 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  9:18:16 PM  Show Profile
Marlene, your delightful newsy letter with the farm pics and recipe came today, thank you! I can never get enough photos
of farmland pics. I follow a webpage on FaceBook for "Peterson Farm Bros" a farm family in Kansas who put together
terrific videos about farming, both documentary style, and set to music. If you use FaceBook at all, you might enjoy
checking them out.
The recipe looks so yummy, can't wait to try. We are big on apples out here in Washington!

Betty Ann
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic September Card Swap in Memory of Portia Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page