Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 02 2020 :  06:05:58 AM  Show Profile
I love all of these wonderful apple stories! This is the really neat thing about this fruit. Apples have been part of the American life experience since the English and French arrived here to the this continent.

For those who might have missed this tread, September’s arrival yesterday has put our Apple Festival in Full gear. Did you all see our online Sisterhood magazine released yesterday? It is packed full of all things apple and you won’t want o miss a page!! Be sure you check out an Apple Giveaway opportunity that I just posted yesterday. You will find it in the Over the fence category. Everyone is welcome to toss their name in the Apple bucket to win.

I look forward to more sharing from everyone to help make this year’s Apple Festival the best ever!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  6:03:50 PM  Show Profile
Apple Festival 2020 has prompted me to make the drive across the state to visit Johnny Appleseed's grave over the weekend. Here are some pictures to share the experience.

Farmgirl #6994

Sunshine Mixed With A Little Hurricane
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Sep 07 2020 :  10:04:15 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Hannah - that's incredible! How cool that you were able to go there! Thank you SO much for sharing the pics! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  05:36:48 AM  Show Profile
Hannah, that is interesting and cool!!! These photos are awesome and thank- you for sharing you trip details! I would love to see this myself. Do you remember the Disney Johnny Appleseed story>. Google it and watch it. I grew up with that story and was interested to learn that there really was a man who did spread apples out to the Ohio Valley.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Sep 09 2020 :  06:53:29 AM  Show Profile
Now THAT is super cool Hannah! I wish our state had interest in apples but it's rare to find anything here related except peanuts and cotton!
Seeing the pictures is so cool!! Thank you for sharing! I just took a virtual trip! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Sep 10 2020 :  3:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Hannah - pretty cool! Love things like that!! Happy you got a little road trip in!! Looked like a gorgeous day!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic September Annual Apple Festival!! Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page