Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 September Fall Themed Bowl Filler Swap PARTNERS
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic September Fall Themed Bowl Filler Swap PARTNERS Next Topic
Page: of 5

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  06:42:20 AM  Show Profile
Marilyn, your adorably decorated mailing envelope arrived and the cutest ever pumpkin bowl fillers were inside!! Thank you so much. You always make the nicest hand crafts. Here they are proudly filling up my fall bowl.

I also enjoyed the beautiful tag you made and the information about your very own pumpkin patch! It is nice that you have the land to grow them on and enjoy whatever you can harvest. Do you cook with them or just use them for decorations for the season? Are they a specific variety that works best in your area of Texas? Here in Florida, traditional pumpkins don't do well because or our extensive long hot and humid summers. However, we grow Calabasa squash that have a variety that look just very similar to pumpkins grown further North. They are for cooking because their skin is thin and hard and not conducive to carving. They are like the butternut squash in the firmness and deep orange of the meat, and they have a close taste to the pie pumpkin variety but not exactly. We don't have the land to grown any kind of big squash because they really need a nice big space. I sure wish we did because I would be growing them every year for fun.

Thank-you again, Marilyn for such a fun swap!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2020 :  09:23:01 AM  Show Profile
Winnie I think the best pumpkin growing season for me was about 4 years ago. That was when the roos discovered them too!. Last year I ordered seed and planted too late...I did get some little Jack be nimbles and they were roasted along with some butternut squash, pureed and with some spices became soup. Since I had a pretty good crop of the squash, I canned the soup in jelly jars. That worked out great because it was just enough for one serving.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic September Fall Themed Bowl Filler Swap PARTNERS Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page