Cydnie
Sister #2396

109 Posts

Cydnie
Moscow Idaho
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  09:38:08 AM  Show Profile
Late summer is here, fellow farmgirls, and I'm hoping you all get to soak in these last moments of sun-kissed warmth before autumn sets in.

If this is your first time signing up for Mail Art, please visit the topic Farmgirl Mail Art to read our guidelines.

FOR SEPTEMBER Mail Art, please leave a comment on this thread stating you'd like to join in. Sign-up is available through AUGUST 25th. If your comment appears after you've posted it, that means you're on the roster.

The theme for this month is "Neighbors Near and Far". Show us Autumn where you live, introduce us to you and your area, share with us your state bird, your state gem, your state flower, or some scenery you find peace in, that you call home. Let your creativity shine! Thank you Angie for the theme inspiration for this month.

I will send an email with your partner to you on AUGUST 26th. Please send your Mail Art before SEPTEMBER 30th. And be sure to include enough postage for your Mail Art to reach its destination.

I'd like to request that everyone post a comment on this thread once you receive your mail art to let your sender know you've received their art. If you can add a picture, that's always nice too!

If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to send me an email. I'm always happy to help out in any way I can.

Happy Arting and warmest farmgal wishes,

~Cydnie

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  10:52:27 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Hi Cydnie - please count me in...3rd time is a charm - right??? <wink> Look forward to your challenging my creativity!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

Literarytrvlr
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Pam
OH
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  11:11:46 AM  Show Profile
I’m in again for September. I enjoyed the July one so much.
Go to Top of Page

EMGJulie
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Julie
CLAWSON MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  12:47:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Cydnie, Oh I am so in! Just read the rules. I do want to say though that USPS is hit and miss on delivery. I mailed regular first class a handmade face mask to my friend in Indy (that's about a 250 mile journey)on July 30 and now 11 days later she still has not received it. Thank you for organizing this!

Julie (new Sister)
Go to Top of Page

EMGJulie
True Blue Farmgirl

54 Posts

Julie
CLAWSON MI
USA
54 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  12:50:01 PM  Show Profile
How about a farm market theme? (Forgot to add that to message above).

Julie
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  2:09:38 PM  Show Profile
I will sit this one out , it's been incredibly difficult to manage with one hand!! Next month for sure!! :)

So incredibly happy the mail system delivered the mail art to my recipient!! I wanted it to be special to her as she is special!! Just incredibly thankful it did not get lost!!:)
See you sisters next month when my wrist is healed!!
Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Aug 15 2020 5:43:47 PM
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  3:59:42 PM  Show Profile
I would love to be included. And perhaps a theme could be something that represents where we live. (scenery, history, state bird, flower, food etc)

ANGIE
"Mercy, peace and love be yours in abundance" JUDE 1:2

http://www.pinkroomponderings.blogspot.com/

Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  6:06:54 PM  Show Profile
I would like to also be included in September. Dianne I also have not received my mail. art from last swap. I am willing to try again.
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 10 2020 :  6:08:05 PM  Show Profile
I like both ideas for swap.
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2020 :  07:47:07 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
I will say you all scared me so much with the PO, that I JUST sent my last art via UPS to be sure it gets there!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

What_D_Cluck
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Sarah
Holly Springs MS
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2020 :  4:00:26 PM  Show Profile
I would like to participate in the Sept. Mail Art; this will be my very first one as I am new to the MJF sisterhood! I am super excited :)

A few theme ideas:
Farm life inspirations through the eyes of a Millennial
Cooped up during Covid
Chickens beating the heat.

-Sarah
Farmgirl #8145
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2020 :  4:05:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sarah! Welcome to the farm! Glad you are joining in the swap. I noticed where you are from and recognized it from one of my favorite authors Jan Karon.
quote:
Originally posted by What_D_Cluck

I would like to participate in the Sept. Mail Art; this will be my very first one as I am new to the MJF sisterhood! I am super excited :)

A few theme ideas:
Farm life inspirations through the eyes of a Millennial
Cooped up during Covid
Chickens beating the heat.

-Sarah
Farmgirl #8145

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2020 :  4:43:15 PM  Show Profile
It's been interesting listening to all the post office comments. Our little post office had to close 8 months ago due to severe maintenance issues in the leased building. This photo shows the results. The postal workers in our "taco truck" deserve a very special place in heaven. They have survived a north Idaho winter and ire of many disgruntled residents. It's not their fault and they have dealt with the inconvenience and unfairness of it all with dignity, grace and good humor. Sometimes the mail has been a tad slower, but all in all we've still received and sent safely and accurately . . . except when I make a mistake. One of the angels there even corrected my recent faux pax when I transposed numbers in a zip code. Just had to offer this little pat on the back to my mail angels.Oh yes . . . please include me in the September swap.
O
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Aug 11 2020 :  9:58:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cydni, please sign me up as well! My suggestion for a theme is: Autumn glory... but am game for any surprise theme!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

britchickny
True Blue Farmgirl

1048 Posts

Angie
Port Orange Florida
1048 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2020 :  02:55:30 AM  Show Profile
Wow. Awesome people doing their best under challenging circumstances! I have never had issues with the post offices that I use. And I have been mailing packages internationally for over 30 years. Even at Christmas my local office were great. when the line was out the door with last minute mailings! (And a bonus of doing happy mail swaps is that the postal workers also get to see the pretty packages too!)
quote:
Originally posted by JeanP

It's been interesting listening to all the post office comments. Our little post office had to close 8 months ago due to severe maintenance issues in the leased building. This photo shows the results. The postal workers in our "taco truck" deserve a very special place in heaven. They have survived a north Idaho winter and ire of many disgruntled residents. It's not their fault and they have dealt with the inconvenience and unfairness of it all with dignity, grace and good humor. Sometimes the mail has been a tad slower, but all in all we've still received and sent safely and accurately . . . except when I make a mistake. One of the angels there even corrected my recent faux pax when I transposed numbers in a zip code. Just had to offer this little pat on the back to my mail angels.Oh yes . . . please include me in the September swap.
O

ANGIE

Go to Top of Page

Cydnie
Sister #2396

109 Posts

Cydnie
Moscow Idaho
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 12 2020 :  4:12:34 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all for your enthusiasm and support! I know how difficult things are right now with the PO, I'm not sure if my packages made it to their destinations either *fingers crossed*. I also know how much joy I feel whenever I participate and receive something beautiful from Mail Art (I'll be posting the art I received on the July thread). And I hope that you all feel a little bit of that joy too.

Welcome to our new sisters and thank you for joining us in this bit of fun! I love all these ideas you all have brought to the table and I will save some of them for later. I'm going to put all of the ideas in a hat and draw one randomly. I will edit the original post to reflect the new theme :)

~Cydnie
Go to Top of Page

HunnysHen
True Blue Farmgirl

577 Posts

Jami
Texas
USA
577 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2020 :  5:35:51 PM  Show Profile
Meeeeee !

w/ TEXAS SIZE Farmgirl HUGS !
Farmgirl Sister :
HunnysHen # 5876

Edited by - HunnysHen on Aug 15 2020 5:36:20 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

692 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
692 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2020 :  07:00:17 AM  Show Profile
Please add me to this swap.
Thanks for hosting.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2020 :  12:04:32 PM  Show Profile
OK, I can do this . . . The ladies in my little taco truck post office always love to see fun mail art coming and going. Great topic. Thanks for organizing this one, Cydnie (fun spelling of your name). And, I guess we're practically neighbors.
jean
Go to Top of Page

Literarytrvlr
Farmgirl in Training

19 Posts

Pam
OH
USA
19 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2020 :  2:00:35 PM  Show Profile
Please include me in the next swap
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2020 :  04:56:58 AM  Show Profile
Please count me in on this swap. Ohio has so much to offer. This is going to be fun!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

JoanneMS58
Farmgirl in Training

35 Posts

Joanne
Los Angeles CA
USA
35 Posts

Posted - Aug 22 2020 :  08:22:56 AM  Show Profile
Please include me in the swap ! This sounds like fun :)
Go to Top of Page

jill skane
True Blue Farmgirl

853 Posts

jill lillian
stacyville maine
USA
853 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  5:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Contacted my partner.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  5:50:17 PM  Show Profile
Hi Cydnie -- Color me confused. You sent me an email telling me my partner was April. Then I got a message from Jill telling me she was sending my mail art tomorrow. This is my first MJF Mail Art Swap, so maybe I just don't understand how it works. Do I have two partners???? Or, do I send to one person but receive from another person??? Or ??? Please advise.
jean, confused in Deary
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

692 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
692 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2020 :  06:31:12 AM  Show Profile
I know who my partner is. Am I suppose to contact her or keep it a secret?
Thanks.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

Cydnie
Sister #2396

109 Posts

Cydnie
Moscow Idaho
USA
109 Posts

Posted - Aug 27 2020 :  09:21:17 AM  Show Profile
Hello all,
Just a reminder that this art swap works more like a secret santa where everyone has a different partner. Who you are sending to, is likely not who will be sending to you. We do it this way so that when we have odd numbers we can still continue the swap without a hitch. Hope that clears things up for everyone!
Feel free to contact your partner to ensure delivery or keep it a secret, that part is up to you. :)

~Cydnie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Farmgirl Mail Art: Previous Topic September Mail Art 2020 Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page