Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Military Farmgirls
 Enterprise, Al. Made the news!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Military Farmgirls: Previous Topic Enterprise, Al. Made the news! Next Topic  

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 27 2020 :  3:02:54 PM  Show Profile
Ft. Rucker in Enterprise made it to Mike Huckebees news page. I remember when we PCs'd here from Williamsburg Va. / Ft Eustis. I bawled like a baby. Then I saw this statue downtown Enterprise and bawled even more! When I read the history of the Bollweevil and got to know the people here I found them terrible resilient and quite friendly. I've grown to love Enterprise and the surrounding area as well as this beautiful southern culture!
https://www.westernjournal.com/op-ed-strange-old-statue-alabama-can-teach-us-huge-lesson-history/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=huckabee

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  2:11:37 PM  Show Profile
I too love the south! I spent many summers in Charleston SC in my teen years. It was beautiful. I feel sorry about all this hatred of the south lately and all the statues going down. We cannot change the past---we need to remember it and not repeat it. My husband has studied the civil war for years and much of it had nothing to do with slavery. And Robert E. Lee said put the flag away and forget it----never fly it again. They were not evil people at all---Lee chose Virginia over the north because he loved his state---it hurt him to do so. It was a total different time and place----does not need to be brought up anymore. It is what it is. I think if history was still taught in schools that people would get a clue. I have never flown a confederate flag---but I do love the south. I am also very proud that WV seperated from the south and went our own way in 1863. Forget the past and live today and live and let live. That is what this old hillbilly thinks. LOL and love to all.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  8:19:31 PM  Show Profile
I love your thoughts Barbara! Loved West Virginia when we visited! I was born in Virginia but we moved so often. Out west and a long time in the south. I will ne so thankful when the hate implodes and we can live civilized again! I have a heart for love not hate!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
  Military Farmgirls: Previous Topic Enterprise, Al. Made the news! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page