Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 **Welcome Wagon
 Hello From Southeast Missouri
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello From Southeast Missouri Next Topic  

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  09:06:45 AM  Show Profile
Just want to say hello and see if there are any other Farmgirls from Southeast MO. I'm a returning fan of Mary Jane, have known about her and this site for some time, but have also been away for quite a while. So while I'm not new to what this is, I'm new again as I reintroduce myself to all being has to offer. And WOW! have there been lots of new things added. I'm going to need a good couple of rainy days to get through it all, but I'm so looking forward to meeting lots of home-grown women who have a heart for farm living. As MaryJane says, "being a FarmGirl starts in the heart."(or something like that - you don't have to live on a farm to be a farmgirl)

I do live on a farm, but wasn't raised on a farm. My husband and I are semi-retired and it's been just the two of us for quite some time. We've been on the old farmstead where he grew up for 4 years. However, we have always been connected since he is the one who takes care of the cattle and such.

As with everyone on here, there's more to the story, but I'll let slip out as time goes on and I get to know more sisters here at MaryJane. I will say this though, when I first found out about Mary Jane, that was about 16 years ago. I got to know a couple ladies on here and to this day, we still stay in touch. I have actually had a face to face meeting with one, but the other three we are all friends on FB. It is amazing the power of connection.

Have a blessed day, can't wait to see who is close by geographically and close at heart in the world of being a farmgirl.

Take care of others knowing God takes care of you. Rom 8:28

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  11:53:50 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Lynda! So glad you are back. And yes you don't have to live on a farm to be a farmgirl at heart! Look forward to knowing you better.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6785 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6785 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  11:54:35 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back Lynda from northeast Texas. I'll be looking for you around the Farm.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

City Chick
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Deb
Chattanooga TN
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  1:06:39 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Farm Girl #790

https://twitter.com/EllieFunt

https://www.instagram.com/elliefunt_/

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6677 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6677 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  1:54:27 PM  Show Profile
Welcome back Lynda! I am from Utah. I also didn’t grow up on a farm, but we just bought some land to start a little farm of our own! It’s been so exciting. I hope to hear more from you and get to know you better.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  3:53:36 PM  Show Profile
Wow, that was fast, thank you all for such a warm welcome. Already, without leaving home I have friends/kindredspirits in UT, TN, TX & NJ, very exciting. I'm looking forward to hearing more about each of you and getting to know you.

I really love being connected through Mary Jane, it's a world unto it's own that puts you in a place of love and acceptance. If I can be honest, it's also an escape. We have no television service so we aren't bombarded with all the news and programming "stuff" going on around us, however, we spend way too much time on the computer FB scrolling. And I decided I just couldn't take it anymore, then I found an MJ magazine in a clutter pile (please don't tell me I'm the only one with one or two of those..) and that's when I realized I can have much more productive, insightful, educational, fun, loving, worthwhile time on the computer if I'm here with all of you instead of mindlessly scrolling through mindless posts - for the most part; but I think you know what I mean. So again I thank you for more reasons than one; it's going to be fun!

Oh before it slips right on past us - Happy and blessed first day of summer tomorrow on the longest day of the year. What are you going to do with your extra daylight?

Go to Top of Page

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2020 :  4:00:01 PM  Show Profile
Oh my, I just noticed that my name doesn't show up when I sign off and click reply. It looks like you all found it somewhere, I'm so glad. For those who don't know where to find it (like me!), my name is Lynda. Hi, y'all from the rolling river hills of Southeast MO (close to the Mississippi River).

Lynda

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6513 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6513 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  05:45:04 AM  Show Profile
Welcome back to the Farm, Lynda , from down here in north central Florida! I am happy you are back and I look forward to hearing about what you have been up to and what interests and projects you are pursuing now. I love that MaryJane says that Farmgirl is a matter of heart because so many of us, like myself , don’t live on a farm. It is good to have you back and join the wonderful group of Farmgirls we have here. It is such a wonderful community!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  08:32:07 AM  Show Profile
Hello Lynda, welcome back ... MJF connection is like an old friend ... you pick up right where you left off ... Enjoy catching up! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  12:01:05 PM  Show Profile
Hi Lynda from your neighboring state of Iowa. Happy to meet you. Marlene

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17017 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17017 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  7:16:22 PM  Show Profile
Hey there Lynda,,, glad you made your way back,, now pour yourself a glass of tea and sit down and join in the MJF gab fest!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2020 :  9:33:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi, Lynda. I am a new FG sister this year & am looking forward to getting to know you. Welcome back! I live in Lansing, North Carolina, about 40 minutes from Boone, way up in the top corner.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  7:10:33 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Winnie for your sweet welcome all the way from FL.
A quick overview: I ran an outdoor living history museum for 7 years; it was a great job - loved it. However, retiring from that job is what allowed us to move to the farm. I do have a part time job cleaning houses. For now, we raise chickens to sell eggs and have some cattle. My interests are many; in addition to our family I enjoy photography, sewing, reading, flowers, baking, and working with polymer clay. God has blessed us with 4 grown children all married and 9 wonderful grandchildren. None of them live close by, but not so far away that we can't see them when they have activities and such. That about sums it up for me, what about you? Tell me about you and living in FL. I just love getting to know ladies on this wonderful site.
quote:
Originally posted by Red Tractor Girl

Welcome back to the Farm, Lynda , from down here in north central Florida! I am happy you are back and I look forward to hearing about what you have been up to and what interests and projects you are pursuing now. I love that MaryJane says that Farmgirl is a matter of heart because so many of us, like myself , don’t live on a farm. It is good to have you back and join the wonderful group of Farmgirls we have here. It is such a wonderful community!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Go to Top of Page

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  7:14:28 PM  Show Profile
Hello again, Katmom. Your name sounds familiar from the last time I was on here. That does my heart good to see familiar names on here still. Thank you for your invitation of tea, don't mind if I do! It will be a great enticement waiting for me when I get home from work on Monday. Look forward to getting reaquainted. God bless.
quote:
Originally posted by katmom

Hey there Lynda,,, glad you made your way back,, now pour yourself a glass of tea and sit down and join in the MJF gab fest!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  7:20:21 PM  Show Profile
Hello and thank you, Carole. Yes it is like coming home and visiting again with old friends. I'm thinking you were on here the last time I was as well. In 2011, I was running a museum and I think I tried reconnecting them, as well, but the job was overwhelming and I just couldn't keep up with MJ. In 2014, I retired from there and that's when we moved back to the farm.
The museum is not very far from where we live, so that was a step in the right direction when I signed on in 2007. I will enjoy catching back up with you, now that I have no intention of going anywhere but here. God bless.
quote:
Originally posted by ceridwen

Hello Lynda, welcome back ... MJF connection is like an old friend ... you pick up right where you left off ... Enjoy catching up! Cheers!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Go to Top of Page

LLLorenz
Farmgirl in Training

32 Posts

Lynda
Farrar MO
USA
32 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2020 :  7:23:57 PM  Show Profile
Hello and welcome to you, too, Joan. So glad you found this group of ladies just waiting to be your friend. I have an Aunt and Uncle that live in NC near the coast, but embarrassingly so I can't remember the name of their town. And that's all I know about NC, so I am anxious to hear all about it from you. Thank you fo ryour kind welcome note, it makes coming back most worthwhile!! God bless.
quote:
Originally posted by jmpiercy

Hi, Lynda. I am a new FG sister this year & am looking forward to getting to know you. Welcome back! I live in Lansing, North Carolina, about 40 minutes from Boone, way up in the top corner.

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13

Go to Top of Page

GinnyBelle
True Blue Farmgirl

501 Posts

Hannah
West Lafayette IN
USA
501 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2020 :  7:38:16 PM  Show Profile
Welcome, Lynda! :)

Farmgirl #6994

Sunshine Mixed With A Little Hurricane
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Aug 02 2020 :  8:26:33 PM  Show Profile
It's nice getting to know you Lynda!! Welcome back!!!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page
  **Welcome Wagon: Previous Topic Hello From Southeast Missouri Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page