janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2020 :  09:41:08 AM  Show Profile
I am growing blueberries in wine barrels, strawberries in a five tier vertical tower, kale, chard, spinach, lettuce, peppers, bush beans, bush peas and bush tomatoes, beets, carrots, turnip, eggplants, summer squash, and herbs in 7 gallon grow bags (all successful), roses are in ground along with winter squash, baby melons (both using veritical supports) and tomatoes (using vertical supports) and butterfly garden. I also have orchids in terra cotta pots. This is the first year trying 18 gallon tote bins (with a lot of holes drilled in the bottom) for my potatoes, onions, and garlic. It to soon to tell if the tote bins will be successful, but all other methods have been working for me in growing zone 10b (southern California Coast area). I don't think that my rhubarb and asparagus are too happy in 10 gallon grow bags, after four years they look like they are struggling.

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2020 :  12:57:11 PM  Show Profile
I'm waiting for delivery of plastic pots to transplant orchids that have outgrown their current containers. I had to order 20 to get a good price and only need about 10 so the leftovers will be put to use with tomatoes and maybe smoother veggies. We have out small garden beteen the house and fence; it's a tiny area but we have Sunsweet tomatoes, eggplant, beans, beets, chard, sunflowers, squash, oregano, thyme, parsley, and okra. It's amazing what you can do with just a little bit of space.
This area gets morning and afternoon sun but is shaded in the middle of the day.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Garden Gate: Previous Topic Container Gardening Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page