quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  3:06:35 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Just an FYI: My husband is a nurse, and he said the trouble with iron-on interfacing used as a lining is that it some of them do not allow the mask to breathe. When you have the mask on, your breath does not go through it and ends up going around the mask, which means it is spreading outside the mask. I used an iron on in one mask and tried it and I could feel my breathing coming from all around the mask, not contained in the center of the mask.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  3:31:56 PM  Show Profile
I have never heard of Steam a Seam. Can someone enlighten me?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jun 25 2020 :  7:34:06 PM  Show Profile
Steam a Seam and Wonder Under are lightweight fusible interfacings. Good in sewing clothes where you need just a little bit of body, and also good for crafting purposes.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2020 :  9:17:13 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I just posted a new swap for a sun hat or sun bonnet. These can be sewn or crocheted. I'd love to have many of you join in. Please take a look at the swap. Signups until July 15 and mailout before July 31.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/snitz/topic.asp?whichpage=1&TOPIC_ID=91370#999547

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2020 :  05:19:46 AM  Show Profile
Wow! Talk about busy. Everyone has been hustling! Love the masks. Just got some new material for a few masks and am looking forward to starting them... here is a photo of what they (hopefully) will look like:

I think it will be fun to wear!

I probably won't get to it until this weekend as I have 3 papers to write for a couple of on line classes I am taking. Also, due to some troubling issues going on in my life right now, I am doing expressive therapy and have a project for that too! Feeling a little overwhelmed this week.

Love seeing what everyone is doing! Makes my heart happy

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2020 :  1:20:06 PM  Show Profile
Theresa, those masks will be so dang cute! I can’t wait to see when you have them done. Good luck with all the class papers you need to write. I hope they go smoothly. I’m sorry to hear you are having issues and feeling overwhelmed. Just take a couple deep breaths and know that we are all here for you. I’m sending many good vibes your way.

I finally received my paint in the mail so I can finish painting some wood blocks for my MIL. She has been very anxious with me to get them, so I’m hoping to get them to her tomorrow. Then I can get back to some of my projects again.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2020 :  10:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,,, those at a Hoot!,, let us see how yours turn out!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  08:12:30 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Teresa - Is there fabric with those mouths on them? Where? LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda B
Terrell, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  7:32:38 PM  Show Profile
I have had these fabric 4.5 x 4.5 squares for well over 8 years.....
I finally got around to putting them together,, then the topper sat,, for several months,, I now finally finished it,, thanx to the encouragement of my pup, Ginger..

the fabric design/print is by Monica Solerio (not sure how to spell her last name)...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jul 07 2020 7:34:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  7:47:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Cute quilt, Grace. Great job.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda B
Terrell, TX

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2020 :  11:17:56 PM  Show Profile
A nice bright happy quilt. I recently unearthed a stack of 6 inch squares I might do something similar with but I'm taking a break from sewing this week. Just beeing lazy....

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  08:58:16 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I've finished several UFO quilt tops; I haven't quilted any yet or sent them to a long arm quilter. And some need borders. I'll take pictures and post later.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda B
Terrell, TX

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  11:05:04 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Nice quilt, Grace! I have so many UFO's and still start something new! No discipline I guess!
Linda, good for you getting tops done. Even with moving!

I was in the attic this morning, gathering more thrift drop offs! I found things I forgot I had, as usual! I decided to go up there daily and just get it done! However,
I hope I get rid of more than I keep! LoL!

I've been making flowers and dish cloths and cutting fabric for more projects! Really! See what I mean!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  11:14:25 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I inherited my trait of having 100 projects started at once from my mother. She had so many needlepoint and cross-stitch projects to do - and she did most of them. I did inherit a few of the kits and they are still UFOs - and she passed away 15 years ago.

I'm trying to thin down the projects I do not think I will ever finish. I'll let you know if that works. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda B
Terrell, TX

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  12:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Pretty quilt, Grace! Thank goodness for puppies and there encouragement to keep us going. Though I feel sometimes Maylee is more of a distraction lol! She feels she needs the attention more!

Right now I’m working on my beginner cross stitch badge. It’s coming along fairly good. Also been busy painting wood blocks for my MIL and making a garland for my friend. Staying busy that’s for sure.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  1:15:05 PM  Show Profile
Let me know if you find the cure to not starting projects. As I go through drawers, boxes, and baskets I keep finding more UFOs. Another big quilt top, more blocks, a dress pattern I cut out that I don't even remember...... I keep finishing projects but I keep finding more. At this rate I will never live long enough to start another project.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  1:18:43 PM  Show Profile
Remember SABLE = Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy. The term was originally used for yarn and fabric stashes and can be applied to UFO's.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.

Edited by - churunga on Jul 08 2020 1:19:05 PM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  1:24:02 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
LoL! Whew! I'm glad I'm not the only one my Sisters!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  1:43:36 PM  Show Profile
My quilt guild tried an exchange where you trade your UFO with someone else. It didn't work out well -- we all wanted to donate UFOs but no one wanted to take any. I did give two to the Goodwill -- I just got tired of looking at them. They were class projects. I usually take a class to learn a technique, not necessarily to make the whole quilt.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  2:37:43 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I am the same way, Judith. I take a class to learn, not always to complete anything. I have also bought a lot of specialty rulers that were demonstrated at a guild program, only to never ever use them. LOL!

Some of my UFOs are simple and only need a border and/or quilting, some are blocks that need to be put together, some are fabric/pattern combinations, some are complete kits, and sometimes it is just a pattern I want to make.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda B
Terrell, TX

Edited by - quiltee on Jul 08 2020 2:39:55 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2020 :  3:01:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes -- all the specialty rulers! And most the time you never use them again and the project can be done just as well with a regular ruler. I donated a lot of those special rulers to our guilds Country Store sale at our quilt show. I came across another one this week -- for a pineapple quilt. I found it difficult to use. I made a pineapple quilt some years ago quite easily with just a regular ruler. I've pretty much finished the easy UFOs. Now onto the others.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MrsMath
True Blue Farmgirl

82 Posts

Jessie
Florida
USA
82 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2020 :  1:01:05 PM  Show Profile
A sweet farmgirl gifted wonderful embroidery projects to me through my Mom. I couldn't wait to get started. This is my first from her lovely gift. I'm thinking it will be for my dining room table.

G>^V!! #Type1Mama
"When I am overwhelmed,lead me to the rock that is higher than I."
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2020 :  07:48:48 AM  Show Profile
Thank you everyone. The papers are coming along slowly. I only have one more to do. Hope to finish it by Monday.

Krista, good luck with the MIL blocks

I have not done the masks yet but again hoping to get to them soon. The website that sell the material for them is under construction right now but she does has a facebook page. https://www.facebook.com/groups/ByLisaBee/ It does keep you updated on her website. https://bylisabee.com/

I am looking forward to wearing it in public. Maybe put a smile on someone's face.

Grace: lovely quilt. I don't know how you get everything done that you do. Do you ever sleep???? LOL

Judith, Lazy sometimes is the best. Recharge. A long time ago I saw a saying. If I remember it correctly it said something along the lines of "Sometimes you need to do nothing to become more creative" and besides that "Scientists Explain Why Doing Nothing Makes You More Creative". So now it is official... LOL

Marie: I love that.. SABLE on!!!!

Jessie: That is lovely. How wonderful that will be on your dining room table.

I'm with you girls... most of the time I take a class to learn a new technique not to make a project and sometimes have a hard time finishing those from classes because the technique was to enhance a project I already had going.

Well, not getting my last paper done by surfing the web, or going down the pinterest rabbit hole so best go for now.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2020 :  8:33:52 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jessie,,, Your lovely Candlewicking stitchery is coming along nicely.. I haven't done any in a while.. French knots are lovely and easy.
Have fun.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jul 14 2020 :  5:20:21 PM  Show Profile
I have used Wonder Under but had never heard of Steam A Seam. I haven't done much sewing lately that has required using interfacing. Thanks for the answer Judith.

Grace that is a sweet little quilt!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 106 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page