Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What Are You Working On Today? #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic
Page: of 105

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  6:54:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I can crochet and knit using a pattern - but I do not like it when having to frequently change yarns. The "does it go over or under" question is always there and I hate when it makes holes at the yarn change site.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  9:03:48 PM  Show Profile
I just finished up a UFO that I bought well over 8 or more years ago...

it's a sequin stitchery kit...

I swear, I must have stitched a gazillion sequins and seed beads...
I won't be doing another one for awhile! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  9:20:11 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
nice wall hanging, Grace.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 12 2020 :  9:41:50 PM  Show Profile
I have a daughter who would would love it Grace! Too bad you can't see all the sparkly over the internet. Daughter loves Harleys and skydiving but is afraid to use a rotary cutter...

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  06:24:01 AM  Show Profile
That turned out great!!!!

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  10:00:50 AM  Show Profile
Judith,, both hubby and I use to ride,, He had a Suzuki LC1500,, and I had a Yamaha V-Star (purple) and if you look close, the bike in back is purple.. heeheehee!
We have both since, stopped riding.. we have 3 grand kiddos we love dearly, and prefer to be round them then riding anymore.. especially witnessing a bike get hit by a car, right in front of us.. it was fun to ride, but we have moved on..

Now I spend more time crafting and DH likes, to golf, metal detect and do wood work..

Speaking of which,, I was digging through some stuff stashed in my closet,, and found my old sewing machines..

Western Elec., hand rotary machine.. I really should take time and fiddle with it...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  10:31:44 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I have quite a few sewing machines I need to work on just a bit. Not really any place to have more than 2 sitting out, so I forget to do that.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  11:18:11 AM  Show Profile
I have to laugh, I never took the hanging price tag off.. lol!
I do get side track very easy,,, went from the machine, over to my book case,, with every intent to tidy up... nope,, wasted another 1/2 hour thumbing through books! lol!
And I wonder why I have sew many UFO's!
snorks-n-giggles!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  11:21:10 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Hey, lady. Two birds of a feather. I do the same thing - all the time. And my husband is so easily side-tracked, too. And of course that doesn't help either of us get things done quickly.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  12:32:20 PM  Show Profile
Grace,
I LOVE that wall-hanging! It looks lit up! I have been on Route 66 a few times in Oklahoma, not a whole lot to it....but I was on Route 66!
And, that sewing machine is awesome!

Today I am working on two different swaps for this month. One is to create an altered wood block with a quote, painting, or whatever creatively strikes the artistic fancy. Today, I will be painting the basecoat of that. While that is drying I am crocheting a garland for the other swap. I am really excited about this one; probably, I will make one for a spot here, too!

Keep shining!
Natalie

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  12:38:57 PM  Show Profile
Grace -- dust it off, oil it up, and put it in a trailer! This is my black beauty I keep up at our trailer. It's a 1930 Jones and I love sewing with it.

We used to ride too but also got older and outgrew it. It was fun.
I'm also affected by the sidetracked bug. I go to the bedroom with the intention of making the bed, see something that belongs in the living room, in the living room there is a dish to take to the kitchen, hmm, think I'll sew a bit, telephone rings, water the garden and see weeds to pull, oops -- time to make dinner, time for bed and discover that the bed still isn't made. Story of my life. Professional putterer.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  1:35:31 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
In the same club! LoL! Nice wall hanging, Grace. I made a tree skirt and free lanced sequined appliqués around it. That was the last time I did a sequined project!
I can't see, my hands don't work etc!!! Yikes! Beautiful old machines. I think being sidetracked is my hobby! LoL!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  3:09:36 PM  Show Profile
Grace- love the wall hanging
Judith - love the machine
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1411 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1411 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  3:10:12 PM  Show Profile
Grace- love the wall hanging
Judith - love the machine
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2020 :  8:02:46 PM  Show Profile
It's good to know that I am in an awesome club of, "side trackers".. lololol!

I still haven't played with the West. Elect. machine,, but I am sure I will,, as soon as I walk into my sewing room and get side tract with something else,,, wait,,, what was I talking about?,,, (snorks-n-giggles)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  05:52:04 AM  Show Profile
Holy Milk Cow Grace and Judith. Love your machines. A few years ago my DH got me a featherweight for Christmas. 1953 Singer. I love sewing on it. I too get distracted all the time. That's why I have so many UFO's.

My DH is off today riding an enduro (super senior class) We both ride. His street bike is a 60's Triumph 650 Bonneville. I ride a 650 Yamaha Maxim, although the title has a typo so it says it is a Yahama. LOL. I no longer ride my dirt bike. a 200 Honda bored out to a 250. I think as long as I can get my leg over I will ride. I do, however, know what you mean about seeing a car/bike wreck. I've seen a few and they are very scary.

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  05:54:00 AM  Show Profile
I'm going to try to work on my quilt today some. I've been having a really hard time working on it. It is a very long sad story so I won't go into it. But I really need to finish the quilt up. I've been working on it for 6 years and I just need to finish it.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  09:06:07 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Judith -

I have a beautiful Jones hand-crank, too. I haven't sewed on it yet. I'm still a little shaky with the cranking with one hand and pushing the fabric through with the other, kind of like patting your head and rubbing your tummy. LOL! It is just one of my 20 remaining sewing machines.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 14 2020 :  8:57:08 PM  Show Profile
Linda,, perfect analogy, 'patting your head and rubbing your belly"

I have sewn on my American grammy's 1908 White foot treadle,, and I had to get use to 'stopping' before I needed to.. or else the machine would stitch on... by it's self... lol! unlike electric, when you lift your foot,,, the pedal still goes a few more pumps.

Thresa,, My 1st bike was an old Honda 500... and it sat tall! Then I got a Suzuki Marauder 800,, fatty front tire.. but I hated the pear valve... mine would clog and I went down twice on it.. It was just to front end heavey for my enjoyment.
I traded it in for the Yahmahahaha... which I loved... but those were the days my friend,,, we thought would never end... so now I play on our Kawasaki 400 Prarie 4x4, 4-wheeler... it's perfect and a lot of fun.. and a lot more stable then our old Honda ATV 3-wheelers...
We also had many many years ago, a Honda Oddessy... now That was a blast!

And, now for me to get back on track and into more crafting mischief! lol!

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Jun 14 2020 9:03:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  02:50:59 AM  Show Profile
Grace,
I'm with you. I need to tidy up my craft room but it takes me a long time due to side tracking. Well, it is my life really. Whether it's cleaning the craft room or any room. Lol.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jun 15 2020 02:51:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  06:33:05 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
You ladies are so lucky to have husbands that you shared/share activities with! Wish I had one!

I sewed on my grandmother's treadle machine and spent hours doing/learning! Those were the days!(my friends)

Denise, I started cleaning/rearranging my craft room a few weeks back and before I could finish it, I rearranged the furniture again! Still in an uproar with projects everywhere! LoL! Before I finish I'm in the garden, cooking, laundry and then back crafting until 2am! Whew, time flies when you're having fun and not remembering what you were doing and then it's fun again!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  08:00:26 AM  Show Profile
Grace, My first road bike was a 305 Honda Dream which I rode from Ohio to Alaska in 1976. What a blast. When I got rid of that (which I regret now) I got a 400 Four Honda. Wanted a 550, but couldn't sit flat footed so no way. Rode the 400 Four all over the east. What a blast. Don't think I could do that anymore. Anyway, here is a photo of that bike and me. It was taken in Utah while visiting my brother on that trip.

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2020 :  12:56:24 PM  Show Profile
Theresa -- that sounds like it was a great trip. I couldn't sit flat-footed on either of my bikes so never got licensed; fortunately never got stopped.

I'm finishing up the quilting on a scrappy quilt today. I need to look through the stash and find enough of something to bid it with.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2020 :  1:42:22 PM  Show Profile
Wow Grace! That motorcycle project looks amazing! I thought it was a diamond painting at first glance.

Theresa, it sounds like you had a blast with your motorcycle. Where in Utah were you?

I’m busy working on a garland that I am making for a swap. The garland swap sounded like a lot of fun since I have been enjoying hanging up garlands along my fireplace!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 17 2020 :  2:22:45 PM  Show Profile
Krista, We were in Ogden. I'm from Corinne, then Brigham City, then Pleasant View (N. Ogden) then Ogden. My brother stilled lived there when I made the trip. I still have some family out there. In Roy and Harrisville. And some long lost in Ogden somewhere.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page