Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 What Are You Working On Today? #2
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic
Page: of 105

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2021 :  7:16:06 PM  Show Profile
I've been MIA for a bit and you all have accomplished great things while I've been sitting on my backside doing little. Everything looks lovely.

((((Theresa)))) -- I don't know you but it sounds like you need a hug. I hope things are better for you.

Jean -- Thank you for reminding me

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  6:23:17 PM  Show Profile
Blocks 5, 6. & 7. I'm done with the blocks. Tomorrow I start on the patchwork borders. Woo Hoo. Such a fun project this has been.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  6:27:09 PM  Show Profile
Jean -- are you making these with your embroidery machine?

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  6:31:15 PM  Show Profile
Yup. It's the Kimberbell Main Street Celebration bench pillow program. I LOVE Kimberbell. With my failing eyesight, their programs make me look good. Thank God and Google for technology. I'd be dead in the water without it.
I know you said you had an embroidery machine that you never used, but you might want to check out Kimberbell's new background quilting designs/programs at www.mykimberbell.com. before you give it up. They are amazing. Even if you never do machine embroidery, these quilting designs are awesome and come in all sizing -- right up your "mini" alley . . .

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jun 19 2021 6:38:26 PM
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  7:59:11 PM  Show Profile
I have been playing catch-up these last 2 days. First the 2 hacking jobs and then becoming so sick. My life has been crazy, to say the least. But I am back machine embroidering and feeling better. My sewing machine is my therapy, it always has been.
About me being hacked if you need to contact me do it through the FG messaging link. That is safe and you won't get the hacker. He came into my computers through the old XP computer that I use for my embroidery machine. I transfer the designs from there to my Bernie. The Cox tech gave me that info, so I have uninstalled that program. I think I am good to go. What a mess. But I am back on a good road and rearing to go. I have many projects going on now and all is well.
Well my supper is ready and waiting so will go while it is still warm.
Thank you all for being here and I hope you have a wonderful evening.
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”

"I was cut out to be rich but I was sewn up wrong"
Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  8:11:58 PM  Show Profile
Kathy & Judith,, can ya see me??? I am waving at you both,,,

Jean,, I am heading over to Kimberbell right now!
tata & toodles :>)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 19 2021 :  11:24:42 PM  Show Profile
Grace -- I see ya! I'm waving an ice cream cone at ya.
oops.............

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  12:35:51 AM  Show Profile
Grace I see ya, I am waving a ME design at ya.
Kathy

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  12:44:04 AM  Show Profile
I personally prefer OESD for my designs because Bernina owns them and I used to go to OKC for classes and to monitor the computer labs when I worked at the sewing shop. Many memories ago.
But I will say Kimberbell has many cute designs and I am definitely looking at some to purchase.
Kathy

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  03:40:29 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kathy, nice to hear from you. You've been missed. Please enlighten me as to what OESD and OKC stand for . . . . enquiring minds want to know. BTW, did you get your quiltlet???
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  05:22:27 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith. Your hug is welcomed!

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  3:37:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi Jean,
OESD unravels to be Oklahoma Embroidery, Supply and Designs. And OKC is Oklahoma City. I really enjoyed the privilege of going there often, learning to use my software, and meeting the designers and artists who digitized the designs we stitch out. And then being able to monitor the computer classes was lots of fun also. When I worked for Midwest Sewing my "Boss" made certain that we attended classes in St. Louis, Tulsa and of course OKC. Such a fun time in my life!
Kathy

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2196 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2196 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  4:21:04 PM  Show Profile

This is the first time I've made pinwheel blocks. The blocks were made from the 10" squares I've gotten the past 2 years. They are arranged according to seasons.I have enough blocks for a second quilt, hopefully it won't take as long - letting out dogs, making dinner, "honey-do" stuff.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  4:31:05 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I just purchased the "Boo-levard Bench Pillow Kit". Halloween is one of my favorite Holidays so decided to splurge and get the whole kit and kaboodle. LoL I don't have a bench but I figured I use it on the love seat. I haven't looked but do they sell the pillow for the inside or do I need to make one?
Kathy

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  4:34:50 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, I love your quilt. Pinwheels are fun to make and the colors of yours are really pretty.
Kathy

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  6:13:21 PM  Show Profile
Oh Kathy, I am sew thrilled for you. I hope you got the Embellishment Kit too. If not, it's a definite "must have". My "Main Street Celebration" bench pillow has been incredibly fun to make. I would strongly urge you to go to www.mykimberbell.com and check out their quilting patterns. There is a Halloween one that is designed to go with your pattern. I used their Patriotic 1 quilting pattern for my project and it is an amazing process. You quilt your background block first before doing the applique and embroidery. Today I learned how to do borders ala Kimberbell and just finished my first one -- PERFECT!! Tomorrow I will complete the second patchwork border and the two 1" inner borders. Then it's time to put it all together and add the embellishments and fairy lights. I will never again need to use the expensive services of a long arm quilter. Can't wait to see your "Boo-levard" . . . I may have to break down and get that one too. Last time I went to Rebs Fab Stash, I purchased the software, fabric kit and emberllishment kit for "We Whisk You a Merry Christmas". It was just too adorable to resist. I have an antique round oak table in my kitchen, and it will be the perfect size for a table topper. Do a "search" when you're checking out Kimberbell or go to www.rebsfabstash.com and search for it.

Re the insert. I didn't trust myself to make one and stuff it "right". So I ordered one on Amazon (the only 16x39" I found -- it was pricey, but I figure you only need one and can just keep changing out the cover. Obviously we don't use our porch all year. But we do have a love seat in our TV room and it should be perfect for bench pillows.
Happy sewing . . . . aren't we having fun? It's the best therapy and a wonderful way to spend the dog days of summer . . .
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  8:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa -- I like your quilt; the pinwheels are great.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2021 :  8:14:47 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I got it all, and in the process, I emptied my bank account. But it was worth it.
Kathy

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2021 :  08:22:35 AM  Show Profile
Vanessa, beautiful quilt

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2021 :  11:06:00 AM  Show Profile
Woo Hoo -- Kathy, Grace, Judith, et all . . . I just had an epiphany. I have two gorgeous Viking background quilting software programs. After my revolutionary day yesterday learning how to do borders the Kimberbell way, it came to me last night while trying to get to sleep, that I might be able to do that process with other border programs. I never really had a lot of success with the Viking borders because their instructions use the aligning registration marks system. I just never mastered that. But I'm pretty sure I can use the Kimberbell technique with the gorgeous Viking designs to create some magnificent borders.
One suggestion, if you try this. . . it calls for cutaway light stabilizer. You really can't cut away all of it because of the design, and the border came out rather stiff. It will be just fine for bench pillows. However, if I do any borders for quilts I will stick with the fusible mesh stabilizer which results in a softer piece.
Off to be busy . . . . hugs, jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2021 :  2:18:39 PM  Show Profile
Jean, those are turning out so great! I’m so excited for you.

Vanessa, your quilt is beautiful! I love the seasons theme.

Marie, I hope this one holds up for you.

I’m about to finish a little unicorn and get it mailed off. There has been so much hand sewing the pieces together that my fingers hurt. I’ll be happy when it’s complete.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  3:43:56 PM  Show Profile
Jean -- What about using a water soluble stabilizer?

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  6:36:08 PM  Show Profile
Conceptually, I love the idea of water soluble stabilizer that just vanishes away. In practice, I've never been able to successfully use it. The consistency and I just don't seem to get along. Any special recommendations or tips for using it? Of course, I felt that way about mesh stabilizer too until Kimberbell came along and recommended ironing fusible interfacing on the back side of all background blocks and using mesh in the hoop. That has worked like a charm. Now I'm hooked on mesh. I'll try a test using the interfacing AND the water soluble stabilizer. Maybe that will work nicely too.

jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  6:38:56 PM  Show Profile
These are the postcards that I have received from Linda, Sherri, and I can't remember who the other farmgirl was. I am sorry about that but I was very sick, I do have them all hanging up in my living room so that I am able to share them with my company. The windsock and gifties were from Connie. That windsock is darling and I have it hanging in my bedroom doorway.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2021/06/20210622_142326-1.jpg?v=15161102[/IMG

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Jun 22 2021 :  6:40:09 PM  Show Profile
These are the postcards that I have received from Linda, Sherri, and I can't remember who the other farmgirl was. I am sorry about that but I was very sick, I do have them all hanging up in my living room so that I am able to share them with my company. The windsock and gifties were from Connie. That windsock is darling and I have it hanging in my bedroom doorway.
http://www.maryjanesfarm.org/Snitz/Images/2021/06/20210622_142326-1.jpg?v=15161102[/IMG

Sister#4076
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page