MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 03 2021 :  12:16:47 PM  Show Profile
I agree Grace! She is having me use flour sack towels and it has been a little harder getting the hook through. I didn’t quite finish yet. I will finish today. My weekend was so jam packed full of things to do. It’s crazy how busy life can get sometime.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 05 2021 :  12:59:08 PM  Show Profile
Here are the completed towels with the crochet tops! She was pretty excited with how they turned out. I can't wait to see the design she puts on the towels. Hopefully she will update me.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 06 2021 :  12:49:47 PM  Show Profile
April - I LOVE your pincushion!!! How did you get the fabric to stay? I want to make one like that out of a cow creamer but wasn't sure how to go about it!

Jean - I love your journal cover - what kind of a machine do you have?

Krista - with all the crochet things I've made I've never made towel toppers! Do you use a pattern? How do you attach them to the towel?

I haven't been inside much to do a lot of crafting but I did finally get my diamond painting done. I don't have the pictures uploaded on the computer yet. Hopefully I'll get them on here soon so I can show you. I'm working on a mothers day gift next. What are you all creating for mother's day?

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 06 2021 :  12:53:08 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Krista -

On tough towels like that I use a yarn needle and make blanket stitches and then crochet through them. Makes it easier.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - May 06 2021 :  4:05:52 PM  Show Profile
They look perfect, Krista!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - May 07 2021 :  05:14:57 AM  Show Profile

Cold weather had prevented me from getting into the garage to paint, but I finally rubbed the wax onto my rocker. I guess nobody liked the greeny color, there was lots of it in Hobby Lobby. I toned it down with some white and it looks like summer.

The desktop was painted with acrylic paint because it was a laminate or something. Darned if I can remember if I waxed it.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 07 2021 :  12:44:31 PM  Show Profile
Heather, my past towel toppers I just made it up as I went along, but this one I found a pattern. I was searching for how to fold the flour sack towel and came across a website that showed how to fold it and it also had a pattern. So I just used it. I attached it to the towel by using a smaller crochet hook and pushing it through the fabric. It’s a little bit of a pain, but I finally found that if I pushed the hook down and then lifted each layer one at a time it would just pop through them. I do like Linda’s idea I just don’t know how to make a blanket stitch.

Linda, I need to learn how to make a blanket stitch so I can use that instead. I bet it’s so much easier.

Thank you April!

It’s all looking good Vanessa!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - May 07 2021 :  1:26:01 PM  Show Profile
Good job Vanessa. You have inspired me. I have an old bentwood rocker that needs re-caning. I am thinking of removing the canna and replacing with plywood or heavy fabric. Another project for the list.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 09 2021 :  9:34:17 PM  Show Profile
Hey Krista,, you just reminded me,, I need to whip up a quick gift for a dog lover,, and I dashed into the $ store and found the cutest dish towels.. "Love is a four legged word".. yep, going to cut the towel in 1/2 and crochet the tops!
The $ store even had yarn in the craft section, and the perfect color to match the towel..
Talk about Thrifty,, $1 for the towel and $1 for the yarn makes
2 towels..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on May 09 2021 9:36:19 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  10:32:57 AM  Show Profile
I haven't stopped by this link in forever!! Wow, everybody, you are doing some really cook projects! I love seeing what Farmgirls are working on. Our last MJF magazine had some cute ideas too. I have an old chair on my front porch that needs a good cleaning and then repainting. It is a project that I keep putting off but seeing what you all are doing is making me motivated to get busy!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  12:21:32 PM  Show Profile
I'll have to try some of those dish towels. Especially if I can get 2 done for $2! You always find the best deals Grace!

Vanessa - Love the rocker!!!

Here's the diamond painting picture:

It was a Christmas gift and I'm not complaining one bit, but if I were to choose I don't think I'd do another with the square dots. It's very blurry looking when you're close to it. The round ones are if you're really close but this one is worse.

I received a tassel from Sherry (sweettea59) for a swap and I made one for my Mother in law for mother's day:
She loves the beach

I glued sand and shells on to the top of the spool

lots of things stitched in there - shell charm, flip flop, pink flamingo, beads, buttons that spell relax...

Here's what it looks like from a distance upright:

Not as good as the one Sherry made me but my Mother in law loved it :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  1:09:23 PM  Show Profile
That's awesome Grace! I was really wanting to make my own so I may check out the dollar store towels. I have a huge bin of yarn so I don't need anymore lol.

Heather, your diamond painting is beautiful. I'm sorry the square one didn't turn out as good as the round. I think I'll just stick with the round. Your tassel is beautiful. I love the sand theme. And your nails are gorgeous!!! Are they the sticker nails?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  1:30:54 PM  Show Profile
I finished 2 projects over the weekend. I finished a yellow bear for a friend. She also wants a rainbow one that I will start making this week. He turned out larger than I expected.

I also made this tiny little cactus for my mom for mother's day. It's so dang cute and was a really quick work up.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  1:38:38 PM  Show Profile
My mom sells colorstreet (I call them stickers but she informs me it's dry nail polish LOL!) I love them because they stay on longer than polish but don't rip my nails off like fake nails or the UV light polish does while I'm doing farm work. The purple glitter is one color and the mermaid is clear so you can put any color under it you want. If you're interested in looking here's her website: https://www.colorstreet.com/GlendaMetz

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  1:40:42 PM  Show Profile
We must have been typing at the same time LOL!!! I LOVE your cactus. My mother in law needs one of those - she tends to kill all her houseplants. Your bear reminds me of care bears if there was a design on his tummy. You do such great crochet projects!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 10 2021 :  3:02:09 PM  Show Profile
Heather,, I luv you Beachy themed tassel.. I have a friend who luvs the beach and everything Mermaidy.. I just might have to make a seashell tassel for her..

Krista,, I LUV the crocheted cactus...

I was hoping to be able to work on my crochet towel toppers last night,, but I was on the phone with my sister and by the time I hung up,, I was to pooped to pull out my crochet hook.. ahh, but tonight be a quiet nite for crocheting.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 12 2021 :  2:02:43 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I was thinking it may be colorstreet, but I still call them stickers too! I have actually never used them before. I’ll check her website out. Thank you!
That is exactly what I said to my mom when I gave it to her lol. I told her it’s the only plant she can’t kill!

Thank you Grace!

I crocheted these double sided kitchen scrubbies for my sister in law as a thank you for helping me with my signs. I’m also going to stop and get her some fancy cookies too.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 12 2021 :  9:40:44 PM  Show Profile
So Krista,, what is the center/brown? is it scruby or soft?.. ic the blue side a scruby?
"Asking for a friend".. heehee, wink wink...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - May 13 2021 :  9:45:03 PM  Show Profile
Krista, you crochet beautifully!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  10:20:20 AM  Show Profile
Krista, your crochet projects are beautifully done!! You are very talented.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  1:41:04 PM  Show Profile
Grace, the brown is Red Heart Scrubby so it’s actually a scrubby yarn. The blue is cotton. I just followed a pattern that said to use both. I believe you scrub with the brown side and wash with the blue side. They were super easy to work up and surprisingly the scrubby yarn is not hard to work with.

Thank you April and Winnie!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  3:52:11 PM  Show Profile
Well, I haven't visited this thread in too long. You all have made some beautiful things. Love towel toppers. I haven't made them in a long time but they do make nice gifts.

Pincushion is so sweet April.

That cactus is too cute and the beach themed tassel, what great ideas you all have.

I still have not tried my hand at diamond painting but I have so much going on I haven't done any crafting lately.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 14 2021 3:53:04 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 14 2021 :  11:54:02 PM  Show Profile
Thanx Krista,, I've seen the scrubbies made with the netting type stuff.. but yours is so cool.

As for me, I made an Bistro Apron from a pair of my old jeans, but I can't post a photo yet.. as it is enroute...

I finally got an evening, actually 2, to myself and crocheted 2 towel toppers and sent them off to my sister-n-law.

Now I have one more project to finish up... for a swap..

Gotta love sewing and crafting... keeps our hands busy and our hearts happy.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  12:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Grace, here is the link to the scrubby pattern if you would like to make some.
https://crochetandpositivity.com/free-crochet-patterns/free-simple-dish-scrubby-pattern

You have been busy!

I'm hoping to finish the other bear before Thursday. I will be heading my friends way that day and can drop them off for her if they are. I'll be busy crocheting.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 17 2021 :  7:09:50 PM  Show Profile
Oh Thank you Krista..
Fingers crossed it's not above my remedial crocheting skils... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page