StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2021 :  5:35:00 PM  Show Profile
Maybe when all the important stuff is caught up I will paint tea bags but I kind of doubt it.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  12:50:42 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I agree with you. The white cover would make me crazy. It makes it so you can’t see the picture or know what part is coming. I haven’t had one with solid white yet and I hope I don’t get one.

Lisa, those are awesome! Not something I could do. I can’t draw to save my life lol! Would love to see if anyone here could make them though.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  7:43:17 PM  Show Profile
Those are amazing. I'm with Krista though - painting and drawing are not my thing. I have to ask - who do you think came up with the idea to paint a teabag and why? I would never think to do something like that!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  1:13:04 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I came across a paint by numbers kit for adults. It’s a canvas picture with all the paints and paintbrushes. I have done the color by numbers as a kid but never one of these paint by numbers. It sounds really fun. Has anyone ever tried one?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2021 :  2:49:17 PM  Show Profile
I had one. I found some of the spaces way too small for me to see and paint. I also had to mix paints to get the right color. Too much work.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  08:16:24 AM  Show Profile
I bought a paint by numbers kit and planned to paint it for DH for Christmas. I really didn't enjoy it and didn't even finish it. That was about 4 years ago. It looked to much like paint by numbers and I agree with Marie, some of the spaces are so small it was hard to even paint well. I'm sure some better brushes would have helped but I had lost interest by then.

Yesterday I started to crochet. I bought a small book with fruits and vegetables. My yarn arrived in the mail yesterday so I got to work. I made a mushroom - I need to stuff it and sew the top to the bottom. Then I started an apple. I didn't get too far and it was bed time. My son asked what I was making and asked if he can have the apple.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  09:34:16 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to the wacky world of crochet! I love to crochet. I love making cute amigurumi.

For stuffing I use fiber fill, cut up (ruined) panty hose or scrap pieces of yarn.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  12:13:03 PM  Show Profile
Marie -- I'm not familiar with amigurumi. What is it?

I had one experience with paint by number. I got one for Christmas when I was in high school. I did finally finish it. It's probably why I don't like clowns to this day.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  1:12:58 PM  Show Profile
It is the Japanese art of crocheting or knitting stuffed yarn toys, typically creatures having oversized heads. It is quite easy and uses small bits of yarn.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  1:15:35 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marie,, I LUV 'em!

(p.s. I sent you a message via the MJF forum.. Thank you for the package)

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  1:22:15 PM  Show Profile
OK, I am a bit stir crazy... I decided not to bring my feather weight machine on this trip,, as space is/was limited in the car..
Here I am now, 28 days here and I am antsy to sew.. I have crocheted 7 wash/dish rags and 1 lap blanket, I have 2 small cross-stitch projects.. but not in the mood.. I had cut a stack of fabric circles and sewed them into yoyos.. now I am out of fabric.
I miss my messy sewing room and my machines.. I am almost tempted to glove up and mask up and hit a couple of Thrift stores in search of a cheap sewing machine,, but my luck, I will fall in luv with it and not want to get rid of it .. hmmm, what to do, what to do.. lol!
I guess I could mail my clothes and shoes back home to make room in the car for a machine... but we are still here until the 3rd week of March.. so,, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it!
Hugz-n-squisches to you all
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2135 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2135 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  3:22:55 PM  Show Profile
No sewing machine?? Your Mom didn't have one somewhere? Put own the gloves and double mask up and get thee to a thrift shop. That area might have some real goodies in their thrift shops.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jan 28 2021 :  5:13:18 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I went to a thrift shop in Oroville California many years ago, just to see what they had, and they had a featherweight. I asked how much, and she said she had called the shop manager to ask for another customer who wanted it. I called the next day and she said the manager said $10. YEOW!!! If she had told me that I would have given at least $50 for it. That other lady sure got a deal!

I could send you one of mine, but the postage would be more than you could pay for one.

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  06:56:10 AM  Show Profile
I bought a plastic canvas gnome kit recently. I;m almost 60, been crafting my whole life and have never done anything with plastic canvas. Turns out, you are never too old to learn. I'll let you know what I think....

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.tinytaylorhomestead.com

Our Etsy Shops
www.taylorstowels.etsy.com

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Our Thrive Life Shop

www.tinytaylorhomestead.thrivelife.com
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  12:34:28 PM  Show Profile
Thank you ladies for your input on the paint by numbers. If I find a super cheap one I’ll try it just to say I have tried one but with the sounds of it I may not be to thrilled.

Grace, please let us know what you decide to do. I’m sorry you are going so stir crazy. I could send you all my UFOs to work on lol!

Andrea, I would love to see your cute veggies and fruit!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  3:28:30 PM  Show Profile
I teach a 3 year old class. They are learning to cut .
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2021 :  3:33:08 PM  Show Profile
Grace
Keep in touch and let us know what you decide. Sorry life is crazy.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  12:30:44 PM  Show Profile
Ruthie Ann, like a preschool class? Both of my little guys are in preschool classes ( different schools) and I love seeing what they bring home. Their adorable projects like that melt my heart!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  8:29:42 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I just bought a paint-by-number from Michaels! It’s a reproduction of a Van Gogh painting, and I plan to get together with my DIL’s mother. She received one as a gift and when she told me about it I was taken back to my childhood in the early ‘70’s, hot summer afternoons on the back porch with my sisters, working on paint-by-numbers with Casey Kasum counting down the top 100’s for us on the radio. So I went out and bought one! I haven’t started it yet, but I hope it will be a calming, not-much-thinking activity which involves two of my favorite things: rich colors and painting. I want to get back to acrylics, and hopefully this activity will break the ice for me.

So I advise you to give it a try!
Go to Top of Page

saram
True Blue Farmgirl

521 Posts

Sara
Biggs CA
USA
521 Posts

Posted - Feb 01 2021 :  8:32:22 PM  Show Profile
And Linda! You were in Oroville? That’s 12 miles from my house!!

Next time look me up!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2021 :  12:17:16 PM  Show Profile
Sara, that sounds wonderful! Please let me know how it goes. I have a paint by number picked out, just haven't ordered it yet. Waiting until I have a couple more projects completed first.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2021 :  12:52:09 PM  Show Profile
I started on another little cross stitch. It has hearts on it, so I decided to stop the bookmark and work on this one in hopes of finishing before Valentine's Day.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Feb 03 2021 :  1:33:05 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
I have both read books and watched the movies.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6699 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6699 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2021 :  11:28:19 AM  Show Profile
I’m a little over half way done! This little project is going super fast. I’m excited to have it finished for Valentine’s, but also excited to have one more thing crossed off my UFO list. I have big plans to finish a lot this year!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  10:27:10 AM  Show Profile
Sherone - I used to do a lot of plastic canvas but I haven't done it in a LONG time! Can't wait to see how your gnome project turns out.

Krista - I can't wait to see your finished project - I love heart things. Here's the picture I finally got uploaded of my diamond painting framed:

I think I'm going to find some colored cardstock for the top and bottom. I'm not a big fan of the white. The one I'm working on now is about 1/3 done. Now that I've been at it a while I don't mind the square beads. They were not what I was used to when I started and some of them weren't lining up very well but now it's all working out nicely.

Marie - those cups are cute! Those would have went well with the doughnuts, cookies, and cupcakes I made my nieces for Christmas.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 106 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page