True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  2:29:17 PM  Show Profile
Good luck with your assignment Theresa.

Grace, your flowers look beautiful! A great way to brighten up your room and add a nice smell.

I can’t believe it’s almost June! Now I need to decide what I’m making for decorations for the 4th of July so I can get started.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  8:36:42 PM  Show Profile
This is how my 10" Square Fabric Swap fabrics looks.

Marie
Sister #5142
Farmgirl of the Month May 2014

Try everything once and the fun things twice.
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  8:39:36 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Marie - How are you doing in Minneapolis? Are all those riots and fires close to you?

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  8:50:24 PM  Show Profile
The epicenter is several blocks away. Most of the vandalism has taken place on a 5 mile stretch of Lake Street which is only two blocks away. Public transit is suspended. We have not gotten mail picked up or delivered for two days. Delivery services are not approaching this part of town. Can't find a taxi anywhere. The stores that were open during quarantine have been vandalized and/or looted and burned. They are all closed to protect their employees. No one wants to deliver here. We are under a curfew right now and helicopters are flying overhead to catch those breaking it. I have to take some cat litter out right now. I think I will be safe.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  9:06:56 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
You take care - that is such a dangerous situation. People are blocking traffic in the Dallas downtown area, too, as well as in other cities. In Dallas protestors are throwing rocks at police cars, the police, and busses. This type of action does not make things better.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  9:35:39 PM  Show Profile
Linda, Marie, and anyone else in the middle of this madness --Please be careful. I will be thinking of you.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

churunga
True Blue Farmgirl

3919 Posts

Marie
Minneapolis MN
USA
3919 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  9:53:38 PM  Show Profile
The helicopters are closer and I can hear tear gas grenades going off.

Marie
Sister #5142

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1413 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1413 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  9:58:21 PM  Show Profile
Praying for everyone. Such sad and scary time.
Ruthie Ann

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 29 2020 :  11:03:29 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Yes, Judith. Those near these riots need to be very careful. Luckily I am in a nearby town and not in Dallas proper.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  04:08:44 AM  Show Profile
Prayers to all in the riot zones! Luckily I live in a nearby town and not close to downtown Columbus. This whole situation is very sad. Prayers also for the family and friends of Mr. Floyd and those peacefully protesting. My heart breaks for our country with all that has been happening this year.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  1:14:21 PM  Show Profile
Theresa,, trust me, you are not the only one in a fog!!.. lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  4:20:31 PM  Show Profile
Grace, Good to know I'm not alone! I did get the assignment rewritten and submitted. Guess I redid it alright because I got 100 out of 100. On to the apron and the next assignment.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  7:05:16 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
For anyone who is interested, here are the directions I used when we did the mini apron swaps a few years ago.

You will make a mini apron - either half-apron or full bib-style apron - for each farmgirl who signs up (# depends on signups). Finished apron size is approx. 5" wide and 5-6" long depending on style (Note: my half aprons start at 8-1/2" x 5-1/2" and are gathered to a 5" waist) ... not including the ties... ties on each side should be about 6-8"(not incl.waistband) so the aprons can be tied onto an object for display. The bib aprons are about 6-1/2" to 7" long, not counting the neck strap. You might want to add a pocket and tuck a little note inside. You will be getting one of your mini-aprons back. Be sure to sign your mini-aprons.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - May 30 2020 :  7:29:13 PM  Show Profile
Thinking of you ladies in the midst of these things going on in our nation. Prayers for all of you.

Linda, those are the directions I used too. I have my minis put out now from the 4th of July swap we did years ago. I miss those swaps!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on May 31 2020 06:49:30 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - May 31 2020 :  7:13:03 PM  Show Profile

I made a lap quilt for my mother in law out of her father's shirts. I had a couple left over so I made them into aprons:

Added some lace and used a hankie to make a pocket for this one:

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2020 :  07:15:26 AM  Show Profile
Salt Lake City downtown was shut down all weekend after the riots on Friday and Saturday. . They are opening it up today. I had to have counseling sessions with both of my adult kids. They both called and can't wrap their minds around why this is happening.

I really need to go to a Joann's or Hobby Lobby for a fabric run. However, I am just not willing to drive down into the crazy. Therefore, Mussouri Star.com....here I come. I need some solid red to strip my Patriotic 10" Square Swap fabric. Going to have to wait.

Sherone

Lean on me, when you're not strong, And I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on, For it won't be long, 'Til I'm gonna need, Somebody to lean on.

Farmgirl Sister #93

Our Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

Our Etsy Shop

www.annapearlsattic.etsy.com

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2020 :  09:32:44 AM  Show Profile
Stay safe,, farm sisters...

Spokane was in riot mode last night..

Heather,, your shirt aprons turned out cute.. I haven't tried that pattern yet,, but maybe one of DH shirts might have to go MIA.. heeheehee!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2020 :  12:50:13 PM  Show Profile
Sherone, I know all about the Salt Lake City ones. It was absolutely terrible what people were doing to our buildings and police cars. My best friends husband is an Ogden City Cop and has been dealing with all this, because Salt Lake is calling in extra help. I cry for her every time he leaves. I just simply don’t understand why there has to be destruction.

On a positive note I finally finished a crochet project I have been working on forever. It was a bit of pain to get all together but my daughter absolutely loves it so I’m happy.

Now on to finishing another UFO!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Jun 01 2020 12:52:22 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2020 :  12:50:16 PM  Show Profile
Yesterday I made a dress. Just a plain ordinary simple dress for summer around the house.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2020 :  12:57:49 PM  Show Profile
Love the shirt aprons -- great idea. That unicorn is sooo cute; your daughter will love it to pieces.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2020 :  05:08:11 AM  Show Profile
The shirt aprons are awesome. Will have to keep that one in mind. What a cute unicorn, your daughter will love it. I hate the destruction. Wish the people who is in it for that would go home and let the peaceful protestors practice their right to protest. What happened to Mr. Floyd was horrible and wrong.

I grew up in Ogden. Beautiful area. Our downtown, Columbus, Ohio is also seeing this. I pray that everyone, protestors and officers alike stay safe.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2020 :  06:50:52 AM  Show Profile
Krista, Your unicorn is adorable!

Judith, summer dresses are always a plus. Especially when the temps get up there.

I have been working on some things for swaps I am participating in and also working on quilts.

Our country is in such turmoil but the rioting. All the destruction is not protesting it is illegal and I hope they make lots of arrests for it. They are rioting in Beavercreek there in Ohio near my daughter and I just think it is way out of hand. I wonder what is behind all of this besides Mr. Floyd. I saw a video his brother did saying he would not have wanted all of this. Seems we have turned back the clocks. I would think by this time people would realize we are all of the human race. By what is going on though I have to wonder about that.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2020 :  11:21:44 AM  Show Profile
I've been wearing my new dress and realized something is missing so today the new dress is going to get a pocket. I wish I'd noticed earlier that it didn't have one so I could have put one in the side seam. Now I will just add a patch pocket to it. Gotta have a place for the hanky and/or cell phone.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2020 :  2:27:50 PM  Show Profile
Yes Judith a girl needs a pocket!

Finished my apron today. The pictures are very good but I love the apron.

Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jun 02 2020 :  2:56:58 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Definitely need pockets, Judith.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page