atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  06:21:51 AM  Show Profile
Andrea, I made a batch of bowl cozies.... love them. You can get away with not picking out the polyester thread if you just use the cozy to get the bowl out. Just a thought.

Jean, Love your Christmas tree. I know how hard that is. You deserve the rest after putting up the tree... and I am assuming you had to struggle with that monster all by yourself. I got my tree up the other day and I was exhausted.

There is never a road so long that there isn't a curve in it.
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Dec 22 2020 :  8:50:11 PM  Show Profile
Oh Jean and Theresa... you two are a HOOT!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  06:01:56 AM  Show Profile
That's a great idea Theresa. Love your ceramic tree. I painted one about 30 years ago in a ceramics class. They told me I should put snow on it but I refused because I'm not a fan. Happy to see another snow free tree :)
I don't know if I will get enough finished this late so for next year, I will be making more of these flowers for the females in my family. I was running low on buttons and was lucky to find some at a local auction. The jar has what's left of my buttons that I was collecting for the beginner badge.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  12:10:51 PM  Show Profile

This is Shannon, the assistant director of Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) office in Maysville. She has 3 quilts that I made, and they will go to kids who need them. There are more quilts in line for me to make.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  12:34:37 PM  Show Profile
Oh, Vanessa -- CASA is such a wonderful program. Very active here in the Pacific Northwest too. Your quilts are lovely. Hmmmmm, maybe we could organize a collection of orphan blocks from Farmgirls and make CASA quilts with them.
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  6:05:53 PM  Show Profile
Andrea, your flowers are Adorbs!

Vanessa.. you are a gem and I am sure CASA truly appreciates your quilts.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 24 2020 :  11:19:23 AM  Show Profile
Andrea, Thanks, yes, I did not want snow on the tree. This one was made at least 30 years ago and still going strong. I love your flowers. What a wonderful idea.

Vanessa, That is wonderful. I have never heard of CASA. Will have to look into it.

Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Blessed Yule... or whatever celebration of the season is for you.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  03:05:31 AM  Show Profile
It seemed the best solution for the pile up of quilts I had and I know they will be loved. I believe that is the highest compliment a crafter can get.

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  3:51:26 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa . . . 3:05am . . . say what? Did you come in on Santa's sleigh? Merry Christmas.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 25 2020 :  3:52:26 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa . . . 3:05am . . . say what? Did you come in on Santa's sleigh? Merry Christmas.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2206 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2206 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  12:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Jean, I think our Internet is real l l l slow!
I was inspired by the Christmas 10" squares This top will go on a quilt whose top was all worn. Nothing fancy, all Christmas!

Vanessa
Farmgirl Sister #6754
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2134 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2134 Posts

Posted - Dec 26 2020 :  6:03:09 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa -- good idea for recycling old quilts. I have blocks my great-grandma made that I plan to use on a really worn-out quilt she made.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4108 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4108 Posts

Posted - Dec 27 2020 :  02:29:52 AM  Show Profile
I like the quilt ideas. I had made a trip around the world quilt for my family and myself. Mine was worn out and ready to be thrown out. My sister took it and patched up the worn squares and quilted it. (She had purchased a quilting machine.) It breathed new life into my old quilt. It was amazing. I had tied all my quilts, but the quilting really strengthened it up. Just a thought for those old quilts.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  1:12:57 PM  Show Profile
I haven't been sharing much with what I have been working on in here, but now that I am finished with 2 large projects I will share!
I made this cross stitch bear for my mom for Christmas.

And I made this diamond painting for my dad for Christmas.

I spent the day yesterday going through and organizing my craft area and making a new UFO list. I will start tackling the list this week. Really hoping I can make some better progress this year.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  5:29:40 PM  Show Profile
What great projects Krista! I got my first diamond painting for my birthday and just started it yesterday (a big Santa) and I think I might become addicted!

Love those quilts! What a wonderful idea to donate them. I am in awe over the abilities of you farmgirls that quilt. I'm still a bit intimidated by them. I have a book for potholders and mug rugs I want to work on this year to learn some quilting skills.

I'll post some pictures of my Christmas projects after I get them uploaded to the computer. Maybe it'll give you girls some ideas for next year.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Dec 28 2020 :  9:41:28 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, you knock my socks off! What a fabulous job on both your projects.
When do you sleep? lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  06:18:50 AM  Show Profile
Wow Krista, Those are awesome! Bet they were a big hit

Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  06:25:03 AM  Show Profile
Today I am making coffee ink. See what happens when your board LOL. I made a quill pen and now needed to make some ink to try it out. I'm really excited to see how it works.. will keep ya informed. Here is a picture of my quill pen

Still working on my butterfly quilt. Hope this one doesn't take 7 years LOL and am making some 2021 birthday gifts and Christmas gifts

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  1:57:48 PM  Show Profile
Well, not exactly "Stitching & Crafting", but I did get all the Christmas project stuff cleaned up and put away and the studio is looking much tidier today. This is the time of the year, when I take a little break from crafting and turn to cleaning up things on the computer a bit. We have around 700 movie disks (DVD & BluRay). I keep a log and hand write new additions throughout the year. So that needs to be updated and a new print out made. Ditto for our password list and our Christmas Card list. So those will keep me busy for bit. Then there's cleaning out old emails and getting rid of outdated or duplicate stuff lurking in the recesses of my computer. And, of course, this time I have Farmgirl stuff to organize too. I will put together a binder with addresses and swap info/ideas. So I am entering a housekeeping (not housecleaning) mode here . . . cleaning is not one of my favorite topics to dwell on. LOL.
What are y'all working on now that the Christmas projects are all done for this year?
jean

. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  6:00:51 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
LOL! Good for you. That will take me a while - a Looooooooooooong while. LOL! Want to come and help?

Farmgirl hugs,
Linda
Terrell, TX

Farm girl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

isewbernina
True Blue Farmgirl

223 Posts

Kathy
Salina KS
USA
223 Posts

Posted - Dec 29 2020 :  6:43:24 PM  Show Profile
I have been sitting hard! Thinking about doing something but here it is 8:30 pm and I still am just sitting and thinking. LoL... But tomorrow I will start making bowl cozzies and bowl toppers for dear son and dear granddaughter. I need to finish up a piggy pillow for my g-granddaugher who's last name is Hogg. Then I will start another project...my Homespun Christmas! Should be fun!
Kathy

“Kindness is Free, Sprinkle that Stuff Everywhere.”
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6693 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6693 Posts

Posted - Dec 30 2020 :  1:09:38 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I would love to see your diamond painting when it’s finished! I have 2 more sitting in my craft stash that are for me that I need to get done. They are on my ufo list for this year!

Grace, thank you lol! Actually, I don’t sleep much lol but I am blessed with amazing kids who help me get stuff done that I need to!

Theresa, that sounds like fun. How did it go?

Jean, I have been doing the same. Kind of puttering around on housekeeping things that have been neglected for awhile.

Good luck with your projects, Kathy.

Last night I pulled out an almost finished UFO. My goal is to have it finished this week and checked off my list. Going to start off strong!

Krista

Edited by - MaryJanesNiece on Dec 30 2020 1:11:15 PM
Go to Top of Page

atkinst2
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Theresa
Canal Winchester OH
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  04:38:25 AM  Show Profile
Krista, Making the ink was fun. There are a few things I would change but all in all it was good. 4 cups cooked down to 1 cup and it works great. A friend is sending me some cactus fruit and I am going to try making ink from that. Will be interested in what colors I get. Now, I just need to make some homemade paper to go with it!

Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  06:25:49 AM  Show Profile
Everyones things are so pretty.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page

ruthie218
True Blue Farmgirl

1414 Posts

Ruthie Ann
Indiana
USA
1414 Posts

Posted - Dec 31 2020 :  06:30:28 AM  Show Profile
. This going to be my scrap booster quilt. Love that I can use up layer cake and jelly roll pieces.

Farmgirl sister#4072
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 105 Stitching & Crafting Room:  What Are You Working On Today? #2 Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page