StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2021 :  2:54:13 PM  Show Profile
Andrea -- a trip to remember for sure. Frustrating at the time but in later years fun to remember.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2021 :  08:47:20 AM  Show Profile
Grace, playing hooky is so much fun especially when it involves good food and a great view.

Sitting on the porch here in way upstate NY is a tad cool without a quilt. I'm looking forward to greeting the warmth of the sun after lunch (my back porch faces west).

I've been knitting a lot as of late. I haven't quilted in a while, mainly since I now have my office in my creative studio. I didn't think I would like working from home, but I was wrong. I love it! Anyway, when I walk into my quilting studio the first think I see is my work desk (it's right by the door). I'm thinking this might have an effect on the Feng Shui.

Perhaps re-arranging my studio to put the working desk, which incidentally was a sewing desk, at the end of the room where my UFOS projects in waiting shelf is may be a better option.

My creative space has become such a dumping ground. Computer/monitor boxes under Penelope what a clutter mess ...

Just thinking about removing the two monitors and the laptop makes me want to continue sitting on the couch and knit!

Carole
Farmgirl Sister 3610 - Nov 7/2011
http://www.carolesquiltingetc.com

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 19 2021 08:48:49 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2021 :  1:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Carole -- I know the clutter feeling too. My sewing room used to be just the sewing room. Then crafting was added. Then a corner used for storage. I think you are right -- time to Feng Shui the place.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Sep 20 2021 :  8:34:33 PM  Show Profile
Hmmm, Feng Shui vs UFO's.. hmmm?
LOL!, I don't know what I would do if I didn't have UFO's... lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2021 :  07:22:36 AM  Show Profile
Grace -- You would probably create some. UFOs are immortality; you can't die as long as there are UFOs.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2021 :  11:46:17 AM  Show Profile
Not sure if Peggy is still unable to get into the chatroom or not. Enjoying a precursor to fall day today. Tomorrow rain or shine I celebrate this season! Love rainy days and hot tea, goods books and crafting during these days. We are working on doing a few things to the kitchen but in the evenings I keep my hands busy with crochet or something. Love this time of year. STILL haven't gotten my fall decor out. Trying to get things organized and it's slow going.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2021 :  07:00:10 AM  Show Profile
Gorgeous cloudy day today. Fall is in the air!

Judith, indeed as long as you have UFOs and fabric to use ... you're immortal! lol

Well, I bit the bullet and re-arranged the quilting/creative room on Sunday evening ... What motivated me? First time in all the years we have been meeting that I show up at our Sew we Gather group without the project completed. That is so not me. When I got home I said fudge it (not really LOL) and got to work. And, would you believe, I didn't have to take any computer equipment apart. Just moved the monitors in the center of the desk and dragged it to its new place.

OMG, I have to admit, it makes all the difference in the world, that room is now more inviting I actually quilted on Sunday. It also occurred to me that when I was sitting at my machine ironing my pieces, I was facing the work desk ... yuck! Now I face my UFOs! It reminds me of my immortality! ROFLOL It also opened up the entrance.

Just goes to show you how a layout of a room can affect your mood.

Aside from that, bought a new freezer. I've been wanting one for quite some time. My fridge freezer is so small. I read somewhere that "they" recommend 2.5cu per person. Obviously these people who made the recommendation are not farmgirls and do not cook. I bought a 13cu. I had to change the door to open the other side. What a friggen production. I could not get two screw off and ended up calling my friend's DH to help. He ended up using an impact wrench!!!!! Seriously???? That was not listed in the instruction manuals for tools needed to change the door. Glad it's done and so thankful for my friend's DH having such a tool.

That's all the excitement in my life at the moment.

Carole

Edited by - ceridwen on Sep 22 2021 07:02:11 AM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2021 :  6:08:02 PM  Show Profile
OMG Carole -- is that actually empty space I see on the shelf?? That would be some kind of miracle in my sewing room/studio. You may inspire me to cleanse more.
We got a 13 cf freezer but living with a hunter means it wasn't long before we had to get another one. Now that it is two years since he's gone hunting (thanks covid) we should have a lot of freezer space. Somehow that hasn't happened.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
Go to Top of Page

ceridwen
True Blue Farmgirl

899 Posts

Carole
New York
USA
899 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2021 :  08:02:06 AM  Show Profile
Gorgeous rainy day here in way upstate NY. Le weekend is finally here. Seems I live for le weekend where I can hang on to my peace. Covid has turned me into a recluse! I think I was always a recluse, covid just gave me the excuse to make it official! lol I'm so comfortable in my home ... and it's so peaceful!

Judith, I think the empty space on the shelf is due to the UFO being in the living room! lol I've also been purging ... getting rid of the projects I've outgrown ... you know ... the ones you started and wondered what on earth were you thinking! lol

Have a great day! Cheers!

Carole
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2021 :  4:43:39 PM  Show Profile
Woke up to a foggy horizon this morning,, no sitting out in the porch today.. maybe tomorrow will be a better day..

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Oct 02 2021 4:44:17 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2021 :  6:07:18 PM  Show Profile
Today was a beautiful day for porch sitting but other duties called to me so I will have to enjoy some porch time tomorrow.
I will say it feels good to get things done!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Edited by - levisgrammy on Oct 02 2021 6:08:35 PM
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  11:16:03 AM  Show Profile
It has been a long time since I have sat here on this porch. For those who don't remember me, my name is Shannon. Life has shaken me - has stolen my joy - but it is slowly coming back. So today I am bringing some hot chocolate (virtual is the only kind I can enjoy until I find some dairy free!), and some pies, freshly baked to enjoy with you all, as we rock the stress of life away, listening to the birds chirp and the fat squirrels scamper and hide more nuts. Love you all <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  11:23:04 AM  Show Profile
Dear Shannon, you've been sorely missed and mt heart is heavy for you. I'm happy to see you're coming back. Huge hugs

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  11:37:07 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dianna!!!!! I knew I missed all of you, but I didn't know how much until I got on here and started posting! How are you my friend? I feel like I have finally come home <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6438 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6438 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  2:46:52 PM  Show Profile
Yes, you have come home Shannon and the door is always open and waiting for those who need to come back home and to family.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February 2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the Ocean.” Lord Byron”

When I am Old I Shall Wear Purple !!

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Nov 19 2021 :  8:13:20 PM  Show Profile
Well, no porch sitting for awhile in my neck of the woods...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 20 2021 :  2:00:32 PM  Show Profile
How gorgeous Grace!!!! We had flurries this morning, but no laying snow. What a beautiful view!

Debbie - Thank you <3

This mornig I had breakfast with two of my closest friends! Then we went to a Bible Journaling group. Afterwards, hubby and the kids picked me up, and we ran some errands, including getting the 14 yo his bird (they finally had some!!! We have been waiting!) Now we are headed t the neighbors' to help string some barbed wire.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2021 :  08:25:01 AM  Show Profile
Well hello to all! Welcome back Shannon! I too know that feeling of No dairy. Plus for me, No gluten either. I told my doc, when she told me this bit of (good?) news that I thought my senior years were supposed to be my easy and fun ones. I must have missed that memo! * giggle *
So I've learned to embrace almond milk and some g.f. breads...and trudge on. haha It's really not that bad. I really don't need bread that much any more. I've lost a lot of weight with this new way of living. Who doesn't like that, right? Who knew what we can really do without? Never know till we try. Grace, great pic. We've had some snow but nothing major yet. It usually hits mid December. We'll see.
That's about it for me. I sure hope everybody has a wonderful Thanksgiving! Love to you all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  09:17:15 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello gals! Long time since I've been here. Was in the hospital with Covid from October 24th to Nov. 4th. Very bad diarrhea that was with me every day that I was in there. I could taste

and smell but could eat very little but was hungry. Back home and almost back to my old self. Also had pneumonia, but now my lungs are clear! Praise be to God! Lost 10 pounds

that I never got back but like my sis [Judy] said who doesn't like that?

Love that pic Grace! Thanks for sharing. Don't know what the winter holds for me yet here in KY but I do know it's already colder than usual out there! Already!

Happy Thanks giving to you all. We are having ham and turkey breast on the grill at myy son's house tomorrow with all the trimmings.

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2021 :  10:56:24 AM  Show Profile
Hi Judy and Patsy! Lovely to see you guys! I'm so sorry you had to deal with Covid, Patsy. Our family dealt with it in August and September - all ten of us! What an... ummm.... interesting.... time that was! So glad you are feeling more like your normal self though! I have some super sick kiddos right now. It is presenting like RSV. Boo :( So thankful I have the privilege of staying home and caring for them though. There are times I forget how fortunate I really am!!!

We have pumpkins in the oven to puree and make pies (I'll freeze the rest), milk culturing to become soft goat cheese, pecans soaking so I can dehydrate those, a turkey boiling so I can shred that one for the freezer, apples in the one instant pot and slow cooker to make applesauce, chicken broth cooking in the other instant pot to make soup for lunch, and sourdough cracker dough souring so we can make crackers tonight. Been busy here!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  11:05:28 AM  Show Profile
Shannon!!! How wonderful to have you back! I've thought and prayed for you.

Nice to have Patsy and Judy stop in too!! Sorry to hear you were in the hospital Patsy. We are getting over covid right now - not fun - but we were able to stay home!

Love the snow Grace!! We've only had a few flurries so far. Nothing stuck yet.

Has anyone heard from Peggy? I sent an e-mail but have not gotten a response. I hope she and Larry are doing alright.

Busy working on Christmas gifts and farm work here.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Nov 30 2021 :  5:35:18 PM  Show Profile
Oh Heather! Sweeter words could not have been heard! Thank you so much! How is your farm going? THe cows? We have a goat due the 10th... I must admit, I'm not excited about having a December baby!

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Dec 01 2021 :  07:23:00 AM  Show Profile
Shannon, so glad to have you back on the porch after you've been away for such a very long time.

Heather,
Peggy was taking a break I think. I do se her on facebook occasionally but I think she needed to step back and take some time for her and Larry.

May have to take some time in front of the fire here.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2021 :  6:02:32 PM  Show Profile
Shannon - things are busy, but good. We make sure not to breed for winter babies. Makes everything a lot easier! Our last calf was born the beginning of Oct. We start calving a bit later next year - Mid April. We usually breed for March, but this year it didn't work out that way. Hopefully everything goes smoothly with your goat. Babies do make it more fun to do the chores when it's cold LOL!

Denise - I'm glad to hear Peggy makes an appearance on facebook now and then. I knew she was busy with Dr. appointments and such. She's just been on my mind a lot lately so I thought I'd see if anyone had heard how they were doing.

Is everyone ready for Christmas yet? I'm hopefully going to get my tree tomorrow. We have a load of hay coming so plans may not work out. We'll see. Today was in the upper 50's. Doesn't feel like tree getting weather LOL! I was hoping for some snow :)

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Dec 02 2021 :  6:17:54 PM  Show Profile
Hey all, I started another thread. Thought we could move inside off the porch and gather round the cozy fireplace!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page