levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - May 31 2021 :  05:20:48 AM  Show Profile
Oh Judy I see this was written over a week ago I do hope all is well and right again with you.
I understand Dave's struggle. Sometimes for me it seems the only way to lose is to quit eating especially when you can't get much movement in.
I am in the home stretch of packing. At least it seems so. I may be wrong. Lol. We've been looking at apartments out there an may do that temporarily. Take a bit more time in looking for a house once we get there.
Hope you all have a great day in honoring those who gave their all for our freedoms.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - May 31 2021 :  11:58:39 PM  Show Profile
Hello My Porchies...

Judy...good grief girl!! Leave the sidewalks alone...they are for walking on NOT Knocking yourself Goofy!! LOL
WOW Dave...you used the same Diet Plan my husband used (not eating) but he tells everyone he lost it on a Vegan
Diet!! LOL That is why he is so frail and can barely walk...he lost all his muscle mass that way. Tell Dave to not go
there!! Is Dave going to have his Heart Valve Replaced???? I hope if he is that it is more successful than Larry's.
He still has a leak around the new valve...but then Larry has many heart issues. Larry will start Cardiac Rehab on the
10th of this month. They will only let him use the stationary bike for 10 minutes. With the hopes that he will work up
to more. I was shocked he could do 10 minutes as he has to stop and rest 3 times from the car to the clinic. And
then 3 times out of the clinic to the car. I will be praying that Dave's overall health is better than my husbands.
Talking about not being able to do anything since he retired...I 100% get. I always thought Larry and I would travel
and have some FUN Times after Retirement. That was a pipe dream I guess. ~ Talk about falling girl...I tripped over
some boots in my son's entry way and hit the floor hard down on my right knee. I iced it all day but I still got a huge
Hematoma (?) and now it is all purple, green and black and still swollen. At least I didn't break anything!!! I have
never broken a bone in my life and don't wish to start doing it now. You and Dave take care of each other and
I hope you will be able to get in a few fun times soon...even if it is just going out to Dinner together. Larry and I
can't even do that!!

Denise...I am glad you are about done packing!! NOT FUN!!! Getting an Apartment first...so that you can shop
for just the house you want is probably a very smart idea!!! My son who sells Real estate ...tells everyone to wait
until after summer before they buy because the Housing Market is a sellers market not a buyers market right now.
Good Luck My Friend...I hope you find exactly what you want!!

We are having nice hot weather. We are suppose to be 93 tomorrow. Glad my air-conditioner is working well!! In
the Apartment anyway. I have to take my car in tomorrow to have the air conditioner fixed. I had it fixed 3 years ago
and now it already needs fixed again. WOW!!! I may need to find a new mechanic instead. LOL

Well, we had a very quiet Memorial Day Weekend...but it was nice and relaxing!! You Girls all stay Cool and enjoy
Summer as much as you can!!!

Love, Hugs and Summer Sunshine,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jun 01 2021 :  1:22:24 PM  Show Profile
Peggy,
The houses go so fast in that area that we need to be out there to see them. Many are bought sight unseen! Fast turnover in that area.
It is hot here today, not as hot as you but between the heat and my allergies it is making my head try to ache. Blech!
I was so glad we ran across boxes today. It is hard to find them around here. So far we have been using the ones my dd saves and getting them when we go to visit. It seems when I have packing materials I run out of boxes and when I have boxes I run out of packing materials. LOL I can't win.
We stayed home yesterday and went through paperwork from 17 years ago and more. Was glad to get what we don't need shredded and the rest condensed into smaller files boxes. Having a business doesn't make very good for having less clutter.
The peonies are in bloom here and the roses. I haven't seen too many others. Our mulberry trees and blackberry bushes are loaded. Have to get the blackberries before the birds do.
Hope everyone is having a great day and Happy June to you all!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2021 :  4:53:47 PM  Show Profile
Hi folks, we don't have a porch but some time later after the house is all done we will have a small patio. It was evening one day last week when my husband hollered come look out side the bathroom window and I could not believe there was a momma bear and her two cups playing and eating grass. That was the first time that I have seen bear here let alone the cubs !!
Then just yesterday I was heading to the grocery store was driving kind of slow because I was driving my husbands truck, coming across the road there was a Mom goose and 2 little fuzzy babies and behind them there papa. He got a little spooked and ended back on the side of the road he came from. I hope he gets to cross unharmed; the cars and trucks tend to go fast. Well I checked the road on my way home from the store and did not see anything on the side of the road so I choose to think he made it and got back with his family, I so love living in the country.

Sheila
Farmgirl #5766

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jun 08 2021 :  05:02:31 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Judy! So sorry to hear about that nasty attack. I hope they found the sidewalk who hurt you and took appropriate action! :) So sorry to hear about your agony; I cringed as I read your words, and hope everything is on the mend now - or you at least have some good medication.... Peggy - So glad you AND Larry are still with us. Continued prayers for little miracles. Denise - I feel your pain girl. It's been 3 years since I started moving and 1 since I finished. Best Practice: Do not wait 25 years or more to move houses! That said - the housing market in MOST of the country is insane right now. FOMO on low interest and people's desire to either be or have someplace new in case of future lockdowns is causing quite interesting dynamics. All signs indicate that things should settle a bit by fall, but if you can wait a year - you'll have some great opportunities as the housing market will quickly reverse when everyone has bought and moved in the last year. (who knows where interest rates will be tho). Sheila - welcome to the porch! (sorry if I missed you were not new - I've been 'in the yard' for a while....) No home porch needed - just some time to occasionally come sit with your Sisters and share a little company.

As for me - the normal chaos of my life continues. Mom is having cataract surgery; both eyes - separately of course. Now I get having to understand what's going on in an eye, taking pictures, making sure you get it right... But this is ridiculous!!!!!!!!! (I have new found sympathy for any and all of you with medical issues in yourselves or a loved one). She's been to the eye dr now 8 times. ONE of those times was for the surgery....on ONE eye (which btw actually takes only 13 minutes). The second eye is this Thursday. We went yesterday and I had to wait in the car for 3 hours (for a 6 minute visit); it was over 90 and there was no shade. Pretty sure I passed out for the last 45 minutes. So there's surgery Thursday, post-op on Friday, and then - I hope- nothing till July 7th. Meanwhile - she's been off mowing duty since this all started - which is mostly OK - I love to mow - but that's at least another 7 hours to my weekly chore list and DH went to NY for the summer a month ago. Oh yeah - and did I mention that we have a new CEO? Normally not a bad thing (our last one retired for health reasons), but this guy has been here 4 weeks and there have already been a lot of 'retirements' announced, and lots of new Presidents hired (that seem to know him from way back) - so the Pandemic chaos, followed by the ransomware chaos, is now being followed by leadership change chaos ....Like someone shook up the ant farm and everything's scurrying. I probably should be more worried about my job than I am - but God is trying hard to grant me that wisdom about only things I can control.... Sorry if the rest of you are getting short changed there - I'm an especially difficult case.<grin>

Anyway - I will keep trying to pop in occasionally, but Im determined to get everyone healthy, keep things looking presentable, keep all of my equipment running, fix everything that breaks, grow actual - consumable- food in my garden, and maybe read a whole book.

Luv y'uns!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

VT Oma
True Blue Farmgirl

322 Posts

Sheila
Greensboro Vermont
USA
322 Posts

Posted - Jun 30 2021 :  07:49:43 AM  Show Profile
Well it is almost 4th July I can't wait. My retires union sent off a list of items that are made in the USA, like Lays chips, Heinze Ketchup, Ball Park Hot dogs, hot dog buns Saralee, coke, sorry for my shame full plug, I am sure there is a list on the web LOL. We have over cast weather, and high humidity. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we have good weather for the weekend. we are staying home I make too much food but then we have leftover,And we will watch the fire works, nice and mellow. Thank you D (and all) for the warm welcome.

Sheila
Farmgirl # 5766

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2021 :  7:18:11 PM  Show Profile
Hi Sheila, Wow, this is the quietest this place has been in a long time. Happy 4th y'all! People are really enjoying the freedom we finally have from covid. I've never heard so many fireworks before.
Hope y'all are healthy and happy and safe! I miss our chats!
Take care porch buds! Love yuns!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2021 :  7:55:35 PM  Show Profile
We've been hearing fireworks for two weeks now. It's driving me and the cats crazy, not to mention the firemen. We are in the middle of a serious drought, everything is as dry as popcorn, and people are still stupid enough to shoot off illegal fireworks. More fires are something we really don't need; lightning has started enough of them, we don't need human intervention.

DH has the hotdogs on the grill, salad in the fridge, ice cream in the freezer. Life is mostly good except for the cats under the bed.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 05 2021 :  10:19:12 AM  Show Profile
Judith,, same here,, Fireworks were banned over here,, and no fire work show due to the drought and high heat,, and go figure,, DingDongs out shotting off frie crackers..
I guess it's true what they say...
"Ya just Can't fix Stupid!

Then last night we lost power for over 4 hours..

I enjoyed watching the Macy's fire works show via T.V. from N.Y.,

Hope you all had a lovely and safe 4th.
>^..^<

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2021 :  04:06:32 AM  Show Profile
Well, it has been a while since I have been able to get back here to the porch.
So glad I have good news to share! We are having pictures done today for listing our house.

Peggy~ out there in that area i think it is always a sellers mkt. I'm hoping that's what it is here right now.
The good news is we found a house we fell in love with when we were out there. We were able to see it online. We wanted to make an offer then but since we were going for the weekend we were able to see it in person. There had been an open house and the seller was accepting offers until a certain time so we put ours in and it as accepted.
Www are moving in the beginning of August. The house was on the market for two days. We are praying ours sells quickly too. The home we bought is about 5 minutes from our daughter! The grandchildren are excited.
The house has every thing we hoped we would find. I have been packing and sorting still but for the most part that is done. We have taken so many loads of stuff to donate. The only thing left is the garage. All our boxes are stored for now. My nephew came down to help with moving the boxes out and helping to get the yard in shape. He has done a lot and has only been here two days. There is still more to do but today we will get the pictures done and then work on the garage cleaning.
I am hoping our son will visit as often as he can. We don't see him much now due to his work schedule. He also has a 2 1/2 hr. drive to get here. So likes to stay over when he comes down.
I hope everyone had a wonderful Independence day!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Jul 06 2021 04:10:54 AM
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  4:25:27 PM  Show Profile
Has anyone heard anything from Nancy Gartenman ( I think that is her last name). I always enjoyed her posts so much. Loved all her pictures. Just wanted to know if she was ok.And to let her know I was thinking about her. I know I do not post nearly enough. But I love reading all the posts and seeing how everyone is

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Jul 07 2021 :  5:18:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi Farmgirls! I haven’t sat on the porch with you all in awhile. I hope you are all well. Mary Jane, I was thinking the same thing...I enjoy Nancy’s posts as well.
I love seeing farmgirls that I have “known” for years here, as well as meeting new ones.

We are hot and humid here, but at night we have been sitting a bit on our ‘real” porch watching the fireflies and bats and the fireworks that are behind us a few miles away. It does upset our pets so I make sure they are inside and secure.

It’s been nice to see some old friends, and ran into a neighbor the other day I had not seen in literally years! She was so happy to see me, and I was happy to see her. Life just gets away from everyone sometimes.

We have had rainstorms too, and last week we enjoyed watching the storm under the safety of the covered part of the deck. As long as there is no lgihtning I am okay with it.

I love to sit and listen to the birds and bugs. I love the sound of cicadas, but we don’t get too many. I know some areas they are deafening!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

craftingram
True Blue Farmgirl

526 Posts

Karin
Nashville In
USA
526 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  08:25:41 AM  Show Profile
Just found a post from Nancy. She had triple bypass surgery (which came as a surprise because she had been feeling well until a short time before). She said she has been crocheting to pass the time, but is now out and about again and feeling well.

Karin
Sister #2708

Romans 8: 38,39
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2021 :  08:41:16 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Karin. I just saw the note from Nancy. I love her pictures and her posts. So glad that she is doing so well. I just had a feeling that maybe something was wrong. She will be feeling better than ever! God is good!

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2021 :  6:03:58 PM  Show Profile
I hope the porch is kind of empty because everyone is staying in where it is cool. We have had some quite hot temps this week.
We have gotten alot done. We have shown the house once and had an offer. After some tweaking on some things we are hoping we will have a signed contract on Monday. Today we worked on cleaning out our garage. It has really just been a huge storage shed of stuff we never used. So I am happy to have it done. Still some things to take care of but for the most part the bulk of all the work around the house and the things we needed to tick off our list is done.
We received some very sad news this week. My husband's sister passed away unexpectedly. We will be needing to go home for her services next week. Then we will come back and start packing up pretty much everything that is left. So things will be moving along pretty quickly in the next 2 1/2 weeks.
I haven't seen Peggy on much so hoping all is well with her.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2021 :  8:23:36 PM  Show Profile
So glad to hear Nancy is doing so well. I had no idea she had surgery.
I hope Peg and Larry are ok too.
Hello to all my Porch Buds.
We have had rain, rain and more rain. The road crew is trying to pave our roads around here but the rain won't let them. We live on a corner and they want to do both streets, but...that never-ending rain. Lol!
It has been cooler than usual too for July. I'll take it over all the triple digits I'm hearing about. Tonight it's going down to 60.
Take care dear Porches! Love to you all!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2021 :  5:54:59 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
I've been thinking about Peggy and Larry too. Hoping all our porch buds are doing well and maybe just busy so not a lot of time for porch sitting.
I'm sure I have talked about our move a lot here but we have a contract on our house here so in two weeks will be in our new home in Ohio. Looking forward to the move but I am exhausted already and we don't have lots of time left.
We just came back today from my sister in law's funeral yesterday. We will be taking one more short trip to see my aunt and when we get back from there things will be hopping along fast here. It makes me tired just to think of what all we have left to do.
Hope everyone is doing well enjoying their summer!!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2021 :  11:34:35 AM  Show Profile
Peggy wanted me to let you all know she is having trouble getting on the site.
I don't know if it's a password issue or glitch somewhere. She'll be back as soon as she can.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Aug 15 2021 11:35:07 AM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Aug 15 2021 :  12:03:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Denise,,, I'll bet Peggy is getting into mischief... and is having to much fun...and that's why she isn't on the forum!
Lololol! Just kidding...
Hope she gets the 'hiccup' resolved, we miss her...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Aug 16 2021 :  09:37:08 AM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Poor PeggyAnn!

Hope the rest of you are doing ok. We finally got a good hard rain after weeks of drought. The garden is loving it.

Been so hot and humid here. Can't wait till Fall!!

Take care ya'll...

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2021 :  3:30:17 PM  Show Profile
How is everyone? Apparently busy since we aren't posting here. We are almost totally unpacked. I need to downsize more so that is happening. Where did I accumulate all this stuff? Anyway, I had to sell my Hoosier cabinet to make room for more kitchen cabinets. Just not enough storage or counterspace here. I am glad it went to someone who will enjoy using it as much as I did.
Our weather has been beautiful late summer weather and seeing signs of fall coming. Enjoying being closeby to the grandchildren.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2021 :  6:17:48 PM  Show Profile
Just keeping busy finishing up projects so I can start new ones. It's just an endless circle isn't it?
Denise -- I'm so sorry you had to sell the Hoosier. I have always wanted one but there is just no space in my kitchen.

Our library is a ballot collection place so I took my ballot there with the hopes a getting a couple of books at their used book sale only to find that there is no book sale now due to covid. Again. I am seriously getting tired of this. I will have to go to Goodwill, which is 15 miles away and their books cost more but at least it is there. I miss bookstores.

Judith

7932 FGOTM 6/21
I'm old and I do wear purple
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  4:39:13 PM  Show Profile
Well, we didn't sit on the porch,, but DH and I played hookie from work around the property drove over State Line and had lunch in Couer d'Alene on the lake.

And yes that is a Huckleberry Daiquiri,, yum!
Eating on the patio and watching the boats, clean fresh air, made for a lovely day.
Sometimes you just need to play hookie.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 15 2021 :  6:29:09 PM  Show Profile
So true Grace! I had Huckleberry tea recently. Probably would have been much better had it not had so much sugar added. I couldn't drink it.

I don't mind letting the Hoosier go Judith. I know it will be used and enjoyed. I am looking forward to more cabinets.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

AndreaPA
True Blue Farmgirl

527 Posts

Andrea
Factoryville PA
USA
527 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2021 :  2:02:37 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace, what a great picture. I was in Coeur d'Alene many many years ago for a wedding. What a nice town it is. Wish I had more time to explore. It's a trip I will never forget. Flight was cancelled - no one told us. Flight delays in the mid-west due to storms. Left home at 4:30am EST, caught the last flight from Seattle to Spokane, arrived at our hotel some time after 12:30am local time. Next morning the hotel's hot water heater broke. On the flight home I was served cold food and my then SIL was served frozen food, a solid block of ice. They refused to heat it because the microwave would have melted the plastic tray it was in. That tells you how long ago it was, they still served food! The wedding & reception were real nice. It seemed like a battle between a Catholic priest and a Protestant minister. Yes, they had both. Longest wedding I ever attended.

Andrea
Farmgirl# 8166
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page