nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  1:18:15 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - sorry to hear you have so much going on right now! I'm glad you and Larry are finding time to enjoy each other though. Seems like not enough people do that nowadays! Praying things settle down for you.

D - sorry to hear of the cancer in your family. It seems to be making it's rounds. My Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer - had a tumor removed - and went through chemo in 2020. He's starting 2021 cancer free. Hopefully he stays that way. Praying the ladies in your family have the same outcome.

Patsy - I still have all my Christmas stuff up too - with the exception of the real tree. I made the mistake one year of leaving it up too long. what a mess!!!!! Never doing that again! But I have one big and a few small artificial trees.

I've been doing some sewing and crafting and a bit of organizing (which really means making a big mess as I sort through everything LOL!) Sounds like we might get some snow this weekend. I'm looking forward to it. It's been a muddy mess most of the winter with a few flurries sprinkled in. I'm ready for a good snow that lasts a while.

Well, it's almost time to milk the cows. I better get off here. Hugs to all!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 22 2021 :  1:56:28 PM  Show Profile
Heather, I had to laugh at you making a mess as you sort thru stuff. Patsy and I laugh at each other all the time because we call that puttering. And when one putters, nothing really gets done because as you go from room to room with items in hand to leave in a room... you pick up more items for another room, and off you go to drop off/pick up more. Yup, it's actually a 'Thing!' hahaha Puttering!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 23 2021 :  6:39:06 PM  Show Profile
Judy - It's more of a fabric explosion all over the livingroom at the moment LOL! I've puttered before though. I know very well how it works - or should I say doesn't work....

We have 2 cows on vacation right now - meaning they're dried up for their break from milking before they have their baby. We usually have a bunch of calves in March and April but this year they're much more spread out. I'm ready for some new calves. But for now - how about another rerun?

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 24 2021 :  09:39:22 AM  Show Profile
Awwww.... those spot 'clusters' are adorable... snowflakes.lol I have to say, I don't remember that one.
I find it hard to believe that you haven't had any significant snow yet. We've had 3 big ones since Halloween.
Today we are cloudy, gray, 25 and expecting flurries. Haven't seen any yet, but... it's still early.
Tomorrow we're expecting a snow/rain mix. Yuck! A great day to stay in!
Stay warm, dry and safe Porch-Buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Jan 25 2021 :  7:37:21 PM  Show Profile
I might not have posted that one before. It's an adorable little bull calf from last spring.

We've had a few snows but not one of them completely covered all the grass yet. Right now there are ice pellets falling from the sky but it's windy enough it hits your face and hurts. Hopefully it doesn't last long. I do love snow but I don't like everything covered in ice. I heard Chicago could get up to 8 inches of snow today. I'd be OK with that LOL!! The cows would love it too. They seem to act like little kids when it snows - running around and playing in it. It's quite fun to watch.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 26 2021 :  5:08:27 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
LOVE pics of baby animals! Thanks for sharing.. Just wanna pet that soft fur and just look how long those lashes are! Awwww..

That would be some cute pics of the BIG girls kicking up their heels in the snow!

We had 50 today and looks like 40s rest of week. I want snow! Chance of snow/rain mix tomorrow.. U g h!

Nesting and cups of hot drinks time..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2021 :  12:21:44 PM  Show Profile
Hi out there, man it got cold last night.8 degrees. "Thank You God for a warm, dry house and bed,
warm food and all the necessities. What a privilege to have all these things!
May the homeless find these things in our area so they will be in out of the elements! Amen!"
How are you all holding up? We still have a lot of snow because it snowed for about 4 days, off and on
before the sun came out and Blessed us with it's warm rays for 2 days. Now we're back to gray and cold.
How are you passing the days? I had a Groundhog Day Birthday!
66...eeek...

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!

Edited by - herblady55 on Feb 04 2021 12:23:53 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Feb 04 2021 :  3:03:05 PM  Show Profile
Happy belated birthday Judy!
Been cold so a little of the snow is staying. Another day like today and it will be gone. The birds are enjoying the feeder and I am enjoying watching them. So many different ones come. Hope everyone is staying toasty and well.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 05 2021 :  1:57:27 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies...You all have snow and we have inches and inches of rain!! I would even be happy with Snow for a change!!
Our Mountains look Beautiful with all the Snow! My hubby and I use to love driving up to Mount Hood this time of year and
eat Lunch in the Lodge and watch the skiers and enjoy the big Fireplace and atmosphere. It is a good thing we traveled a lot
when we were younger because hubby can't do anything anymore!! ~ They finally scheduled his first Heart Surgery for
February 21st. They will go in and clear his arteries that are blocked. Probably just ballooning them and maybe stints. They
won't know for sure until they get in there. Then 4-6 weeks after that they will do the Aortic Valve Transplant. And lots of
Dr.'s visits in between and after the last surgery. It is all soooo tiring. I don't have time to be sick or do any of my Dr. Appointments.
So, I am depending on God to keep me going despite me dragging my backside behind me.

I am still getting one evening a week and one full day a week with my Grandkids and kids. They keep me laughing and are so
FUN. Just the boost of energy I need to make it through the rest of the week. And I'm still teaching my Bible Study Group overnZoom.

I still have my Christmas Tree up...as my husband asked me to leave it up until he goes in for surgery. So, I am! All the rest of
Christmas is packed away for another year.

I have been doing a lot of Diamond Painting at night just to give me a form of relaxation. Savannah and I diamond painted together
on Wed. Evening. I bought her and Elijah each a Bejewled Picture set. Her's is a Unicorn and Elijah's is an Owl.

Judy...Happy Belated Birthday Girlie!! Hope it was a good one. 66 yrs young huh???? You are still a Youngster!! I turn 70 in Oct.
I can't even say that out loud to myself without shuttering. LOL

Heather...I love that picture you posted. I love his rings around his eyes and that very pink nose!! So, Adorable!!

Patsy...are you getting a lot of reading done in the cold weather??? Or are you just nesting in front of the TV???

Denise...I bet your birds are enjoying your feeder. Have you read any good books lately??? I am always looking for
recommendations as I get them from Audible so I can listen to books while I am Diamond Painting.

Well, nothing else new here. Stay nice and warm girls and find something to enjoy each day.

Love and Smiles,
Peggy.

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2021 1:01:13 PM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  10:16:26 AM  Show Profile
Peggy - Prayers for you and Larry!!! I finished my first diamond painting and I'm working on my second. I love them!!! I see why you do too :) My husband doesn't see how I could possibly enjoy putting all those tiny little beads on there - especially once he realized there is a certain side that goes down LOL.

Judy - Happy belated birthday!!!! Isn't it funny what a number can make us feel. I never really had a problem with my age. Turning 40 didn't bother me until in May for our anniversary I realized that I was the same age that my mother was on my wedding day. That hit me much harder than any birthday has LOL!!! When I told my husband he said "I don't think I like that" I said "I KNOW I don't like it" LOL!!!!

Who all has some snow? We finally have a nice amount. Makes these cold tepms a bit more bearable. I had some fun in the snow too:

His arm keeps getting pulled out by the cats LOL!! They're having fun too.

Hope you're all staying warm. I have some chocolate tart to go with the Sherry LOL!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  10:34:38 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I love your snowman and pictures of your cows!
Prayers! Peggs and Larry.

I've been away from the Mary jane forums a lot this year due to illness and family matters.
Prayers for everyone!! I can't make it a hour without praying!!

I got my Christmas tree down January 30th, one week before my projected date of Super Bowl Sunday! Living in the country, Its nice to still have the light of the tree in Gray January! I get all outside lights down by January 10th, weather permitting.
Connie #3392
Fgotm August 2014, September 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2021 :  4:02:17 PM  Show Profile
Connie, so good to see you! Love all the pictures.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 08 2021 :  1:14:50 PM  Show Profile
Heather...YAY, I am so glad to hear that you like Diamond Painting too. If you like the real sparkly look, then always order 5D diamond paintings. That is what I love!
Your husband and mine sound a lot alike. He doesn't see how laying all those diamond drills down one at a time can be relaxing but it sure is to me. He does like
the end results however. I recently finished a 30X40 Scottish Terrier and framed it. He is going on the wall somewhere. Haven't found just where yet. But, I will!

Connie...so, Happy to See you on the Porch girl!! And on other forums too. We missed you last year but I totally understand the health issues and political Drama of
this past year. LOL

The Super Bowl Game was exciting yesterday. I wanted My Man MaHomes and The Chiefs but I like Brady too...so it was a win/win for me no matter what.
My Youngest Son and His Family wanted The Chiefs too...which is about the first thing we have agreed on in the last 5 years. LOL. Not really, but sometimes
I feel the age difference between my kids and myself in our ways of thinking.

Well, I had my Papa God time this morning and feel very encouraged and delighted spending my daily time in his Presence. I am still teaching my Bible Study
on Thursday Nights via Zoom. I cannot wait until we can be back together in the flesh to do our studies. My State is still pretty much in lock down mode

Have a Beautiful Day Girls and strive to do something you enjoy or do something for someone you know is a bit down during this Pandemic.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 08 2021 1:19:34 PM
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Feb 09 2021 :  04:25:08 AM  Show Profile
Love the snowman Heather!

Peggy, I have been looking at the diamond painting but can't decide on one. Thought I'd get something small as I have never done one and don't know if it is something I will enjoy. Small ones that aren't for kids are hard to find.

We have snow on the ground from the last storm that came through over the weekend. Much has thawed and froze so has become an icy mess in my driveway.

Hope everyone is warm and cozy!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2021 :  7:13:53 PM  Show Profile
Peggy - how are you and Larry? Did they do the surgery?

Well, it warmed up and the snow is all gone. We hit 70 the other day but it's been cooling back down. We'll be in the 40's for the weekend. We're really dry though. It was supposed to rain yesterday but we only got a few sprinkles. We did get something else though:

Our first cow due took too long to have her baby. This is the second one that was due in a couple days. She had a cute little heifer last night. The first one is now 5 days overdue - probably going to be a bull calf :)

Hope everyone is doing well. It's been awful quiet on the porch. I have some homemade ice cream for everyone. Your choice - plain vanilla, black raspberry, or apple cinnamon. They're all delicious!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2021 :  8:53:07 PM  Show Profile
Heather,
How sweet! I just love to see the babies! Your new one makes me think of Apple cinnamon!

Oh black raspberry is a favorite but it would be a hard choice between that and the apple cinnamon. Especially homemade. It has been a long time since I've had that.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Edited by - levisgrammy on Mar 12 2021 8:54:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2021 :  1:13:17 PM  Show Profile
Hello Farmgirl Porchees . . . Spring is in the air here in Northern Idaho. We put the cushions on our front porch rocking chairs and had our first "porch sit" of the season yesterday. It was lovely. I made fresh lemonade and mozzarella sticks to munch on and we watched the snow melt and talked about how excited we were that we were almost through our two-week wait after vaccination and would soon be able to do more things and get together with friends who have also been vaccinated. Things are improving.

It's going to be in the 60s today, so as soon as DH is done with his gutter repair project, we'll have another porch sit and watch some more snow melt. We should start seeing the elk herd soon. There is a herd of 30-40 who pass through this way every spring. They usually arrive mid-March and stay around our front meadow for about a month. . . . a glorious sight to behold.

I'm going to pull a pie out of the freezer and pop it in the oven to have for our porch snack. After all, we have to celebrate National Pi Day today . . . . how lovely are simple pleasures.

jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Mar 14 2021 :  2:50:26 PM  Show Profile
Peach pie here today -- I unearthed a package of peaches in the freezer yesterday and can't think of a better way to use them. I'll make an impossible pie using carbalose flour so I can really pig out.
I also have started my vaccine countdown -- April 5 will be my "freedom" day and I plan to go shopping. My poor car is anxious to get her wheels turning again; I think I only drove it three times this past year. One tank of diesel lasted the whole year -- that's real fuel economy.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  12:54:33 PM  Show Profile
Awww...love the new baby Heather...adorable! I can smell the sweet hay and feel the soft fur from here. Ya, my car sat in the garage most of the winter because of the virus AND the cold and snow. I didn't think it would start after sitting for 2 weeks straight at one point. But it did. Hubby got one shot so far, being a retired vet. He gets his next one this week. He said he'll still wait a week for the antibodies to kick in before getting crazy. Being a career nurse, he's going to be super careful. He said he'll still wear a mask for quite awhile just to be sure. I have to wait...n wait...n wait, I'm signed up with the health dept. Just gotta wait til I get a call(sigh).Well it's been a crazy March, weather wise. Warm, cold, warm, cold. Typical. Stay warm n safe porches!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2021 :  6:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi My Porchies....

So, glad to finally be able to get on here. Well, Praise God Larry made it through the surgery. They were unable
to clear his 3 arteries and stint them because they calcified in the 4 years since they were first discovered. They
were like concrete. But one of the Arteries made two branches off of itself and they are carrying blood and sustaining
Larry's heart. So, they went ahead and did the Aortic Valve Replacement using a pig valve. He was in surgery for
8 hours and 2 hours in recovery. Having Anesthesia for 10 hours cause him to have some cognitive problems. He
is just now working through that problem. I am taking him to 1 to 2 Dr. Appointments each week to get him all checked
out. He is still extremely weak! And I am driving because I don't think he can re-act fast enough if he needed to.

The Surgeon told me that what they did will not heal Larry or make his life any better but it will sustain him and give
him longer life. Only God knows how much! But I am just so Happy that he is still with me. He ended up being in the
Hospital for 4 days.

We just went and got our first Pfizer Vaccine for Covid and will get our second one May 1st. I wasn't going to get the
vaccine but my son set up appointments for both of us...so, I did get one. I had weird side affects from it though and so
did Larry. He had chest pain...which I hear was normal for some one just having heart surgery. They wouldn't let him
have it before the surgery. I had my throat start closing, I belched air for 24 hours, had a migraine and woke the next
morning feeling achey all over like the flu. For the closing throat and the chest pain Larry had...we took liquid Benadryl
and that stopped those two reactions. So, we will take the second shot. I will just take the Benadryl with us. I am hoping
that because I had a worse reaction than most people have with the first vaccine that maybe it will be better on the
second one.. We got ours done by Safeway Pharmacy at our Fairgrounds and it went very quickly...which was nice.

Yesterday was my youngest sons birthday...so, I left Larry for about 4 hours (which he just slept) and went for dinner
and Birthday Cake. It was nice to be back with my Little Family!

Denise...go on Amazon for some good prizes on Diamond Painting and various sizes. The even have some of the Bedazzled
Diamond Paintings. The Jeweled kind. the are FUN too!!

Well, I am going to get off before this long catch-up post disappears on me.

Heather, Love the Cinnamon Colored Baby!!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2021 :  1:29:44 PM  Show Profile
Anybody else having trooubles with Windows 10 updates? First -- too many! On the third one in the last couple of days. Second -- they take forever. Between one and three hours. Then to top it off, after the last one my OFFICE (Word and Excel) programs would no longer work and we had to access yet another update "fix" to get them backk. I love the computer and communicating/research abilities it allows. But sometimes the techie end of it makes me goofier than I already am.
OK -- I feel better now that I've had my little rant. Thank you for listening.
Farmgirl hugs,
jean

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2021 :  3:04:28 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hello porchies,

So glad to see all the pics! Gives me warm fuzzies. Thanks for sharing..

Jean, I know what you mean about being tech savvy. I'm not either lol It's a love-hate relationship with computers to say the least.

So sorry for the weird side affects of the shot for you both PeggyAnn.. glad you will be ready for the 2nd one. Hope so anyway, right?

I still have my tree up and right now it has shamrock cut outs on it with my lights. Very pretty. No rush to take it down. Yes it had hearts on it

for Valentines day. lol Got to do something to keep happy right?

I'm so hungry for a hug from my family.. really missing them.. hoping to get together this year....

So glad to read and catch up on you all. Stay warm. 1st day of Spring is the 20th! Enjoying the daffodils when I get out for walks. Other stuff

is popping up out of the ground too.

Hugs & Prayers to all who need and want them... love you all..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  1:31:22 PM  Show Profile
Well, Journey proved me wrong LOL! I said many times she would have a bull calf because she was so far overdue - she did not. Here's her cute baby girl:

We have over a month before the next one is due. It's warming up nicely and things are starting to pop out of the ground and green up a bit. I found these a couple days ago in my flower bed:

not sure where the white one came from. It's never been there before.

Peggy - so glad that Larry made it through surgery and is home now. I'm still praying for you both. Hope you can get back on here from time to time and keep us updated. It's not the same without you :)

Well, I need to get around for milking. Have a great week everyone!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2021 :  1:44:56 PM  Show Profile
Awwww, as usual, another pretty baby.
I'm glad it wasn't a bull.
Ya, we're at that in between stage,
can't get warm, then too hot, put covers
On, kick them off. Patsy and I were just
talking about that. I think the ground is
still so cold that the air is still bitter,
even at 66 degrees.
That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Be well, Be safe porch-buds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2021 :  2:29:18 PM  Show Profile
Aw, such a sweet baby Heather! Your crocus are gorgeous too! Enjoying my daffodils and hyacinth have come up. I only have two but I enjoy them.

Still packing stuff for our move. Not sure of the time frame yet but God already knows. I have decluttered but it still seems like there is lots to pack so I may still have more to go. We are looking at downsizing on the house as well. Won't need quite so much space.

I hope everyone is having beautiful weather to enjoy. We are supposed to hit 72 Friday I think. I am ready for it!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page