True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  5:38:41 PM  Show Profile
Judy,
So very sorry about this terrible loss. Praying.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17025 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17025 Posts

Posted - Dec 23 2020 :  5:54:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh Judy, my heart breaks for them..
Sending up prayers for the parents..

Please, all be safe,, remember we can't un-do.. we have to respect our Medical leaders and protect ourselves and our families.

Prayers to you all for a safe, healthy Christmas.
<><

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jan 01 2021 :  10:37:47 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year Porchies!!
Hope everyone is safe and well. Prayers for this new year to be totally opposite of the last one as far as all that has been going on in our world!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

JeanP
True Blue Farmgirl

1284 Posts

Jean
Deary ID
USA
1284 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  12:38:02 PM  Show Profile
In doing my year-end housekeeping and organizing tasks, I ran across this lovely piece that just SCREAMED Farmgirl Sisterhood to me. So I wanted to share it with all of you lovely sisters . . . Happier New Year 2021 . . . jean

THIS SAYS IT ALL

Time passes. Life happens. Distance separates. Children grow up. Jobs come and go. Love waxes and wanes. Men don’t do what they’re supposed to do. Hearts break. Friends and loved ones die. Colleagues forget favors. Careers end.

BUT . . .

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley’s rim – cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley’s end. Sometimes they will even break the rules and walk beside you . . . or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, mothers, grandmothers, aunts, nieces, cousins, and extended family, all bless our lives! The world wouldn’t be the same without women. And neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still.

THIS SAYS IT ALL

Anonymous

"However difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at."
. . . .Stephen Hawking

Edited by - JeanP on Jan 02 2021 2:12:21 PM
Go to Top of Page

nne9703721
Farmgirl in Training

33 Posts

Nichelle
Kent Washington
USA
33 Posts

Posted - Jan 02 2021 :  12:54:52 PM  Show Profile
Happy New Year, Jean.

Very true words about sisters.

Nichelle

I love to think of nature as an unlimited broadcasting station through which God speaks to us every hour if we will only tune in.

George Washington Carver
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  11:40:55 AM  Show Profile
Happy Moo Year everyone!

There's always someone that just has to be different LOL!!! This is Tracey.

Judy - so sorry for your friend. What a terrible loss!

Jean - love that! So true! Thanks for sharing.

Hope you're doing alright Peggy. Its not like you to be gone so long.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  11:56:00 AM  Show Profile
Happy New Year everyone. Truly hope this year is a good one. It is the age of Aquarius and suppose to be a prosperous and positive year.

Judy, so sorry for your friends loss. What a terrible tragedy.

Sounds like everyone has been keeping busy.
I have finished 4 quilts and am starting on one more. Made sweet little g
Fabric baskets for family filled with goodies. We did get snow on Christmas Day. That was nice, and nicer still, it’s all gone..for now.

I started doing bookkeeping for an old boss. It gets me out of the house one day a week.

Not much else going on. Hope everyone stays safe and healthy for the new year.

Hugs to all.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  12:00:57 PM  Show Profile
Jean, Thank You, Thank You, Thank You for sharing that! Fantastic! Pure Love! Pure Devotion! True!
HEATHER, THERE You ARE!! I was just getting ready to look you up! Been worried for You and Yours
...and all your moo-ers and meow-ers. Then, here you are! Oh, what the HAY(teehee), I'm still sending
you an email. Gotta give you something to read besides bills and animal feed bills! Right? *giggle*
Peggy-Sue-Ann, where are you is right? How are you? How is Larry! Come Baaaaacckk!!
I hope all of you had a safe and 'as-good-as-could-be' New Year!

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  4:47:42 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Thank you Jean. That does say it all!

Heather: Love your moo moo pic! To funny.

PeggyAnn: Where in the world are you? It is NOT like you to be gone this long. Praying all is well with you and Larry..

Happier New Year indeed! Take care sisters till we meet again..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  4:58:23 PM  Show Profile
Judy - I got lost in the move to a new porch LOL!! I've been busy like always trying to make Christmas gifts. This year I was trying to make do with what I had on hand so it was a little more work but worth it. I haven't been on the forum much but I'm back now! I missed all my porch sisters. I have a loaf of cinnamon bread to share. Anyone have some cocoa or tea to go with it? All I have at the moment is fresh milk LOL!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  6:22:34 PM  Show Profile
Cinnamon bread...YUM!!!
Making a couple pots of tea:
Double Bergamot Earl Grey and Cocoa Spice.
How's that sound?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 03 2021 :  7:24:51 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone, Just had a few quiet moments without being so sleepy, I thought I peek in and say happy new year. It's not often I can come sit a spell and visit! I'm always so rushed through the day and by evening the bed is my bestest friend! Lol. Life here has been crazy with hubs spending over 3/4 of this past year in Afghanistan. Now hes been gone before Christmas and I wont see him again until 1st week in March. I had been doing virtual school with Sara but shes so lonely for friends and wants to go back to school come January 7th. I'm still debating this. Covid has reared its ugly head for the 3red time now in our area. Will it ever go away? Hubs lost a work buddy to covid. A huge and sad loss to our military community. One of the dental techs I worked with got it and did badly. She still cant taste or smell and her joints ache terribly. :( I'm so sorry Judy for your loss.
Heather, I sure love the cow pic! It's so happy!
Jean, the poems you post ate so right on, this one included about sisters. I've felt so incredibly blessed by a few of the farmsisters here!! Amazing genuine ladies!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 04 2021 :  8:13:29 PM  Show Profile
Dianna, So glad you woke up long enough to pop in and say howdy! *giggle* So sorry your hubby is gone again.
I went thru that back in the early 90's when my bestest friend(now my hubby) was in the dessert storm upheaval. It was hard to deal with. I was glad for our support groups. They were a Blessing!
How old is Sara? That would be a tough decision to make on her behalf.
Thank you to everyone who sent up Prayers on my friends behalf. He's doing amazingly well for somebody who lost both sons. God is good!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  12:13:26 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Hello everyone! I haven’t been here forever! My old computer wouldn’t let me respond to emails, get all the emails, get on sites, threw me off of sites, wouldn’t let me sign in, stay signed in, you get the picture. I was winging it and hoping I could keep my swaps going. I’d have to do them in spurts on an old tablet! Yikes!
Then on Christmas, my son gifted me a new ipad! He’s the best! Now I’m back in buisness again. I still am adding contacts that were lost but getting there!

Judy, sorry for your friends loss. No words can adequately express the sorrow. Hugs to you and Hi to Dave!

Jean, lovely and so true. Women need each other, don’t we? Here we are. We will probably never meet, talk on the phone, know what we look like but we have a bond. We love from a distance, laugh, cry, pray, offer and receive advice, get recipes, make and send things, write notes, try to keep us connected and do it because we are sisters and we need each other! We are better because of each other! I thank God for all of you and how you have enriched my life. You too, Mary Jane!

Bunny, hi girl! I encouraged you to come back and then went MIA! LoL! Everyday I enjoy the quilt you made me! You are perfect, don’t forget it sister!

Everyone Happy New Year!
Enjoy all the different teas and cocoa, from all the swaps! LoL! Cheesecake with cherries too!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  1:16:37 PM  Show Profile
Darlene, Buddy, been wondering where you've been, then **poof** There ya are!!! Hahaha
Ya, I have an old puter too and I know what you mean... can't do this, can't do that, nope, go away, come back when you can catch up and come into the (what century are we in?) Ya, that one! I hate being told who I can and who I can't talk too on here. I mean, I use to use those card apps that you use and after I quit using them... they won't even let me Receive any cards from you. What's that all about. THAT"S just mean!!! *grrrr* OK, I'm done, for the moment! Hahaha Good for you getting some new equipment. Give that boy a hug for ME!!! ...oh n Dave says "HI"! ;P
So, YOU"RE the reason Bunny came back?/! Good for you! **patpatpat** hahaha
Well, today is one of those days that I just can't get warm! 82% humidity with tiny bits of snow spitting out there. Drinking lots of hot tea ANDDD this last cup has a bit-o-brandy (cherry) in it! Hopefully that will make those 'Goose-bumps' fly south! Hahaha
Stay warm Porch-Buds!! ...and be safe!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9244 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9244 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  1:29:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi everyone!
Hope you all are well and healthy! Haven't heard to much about any cases here. I hope 2021 is a better year for everyone. I have been keeping busy getting healthier. Exercising more, getting rid of things we don't love or need, getting on track with better eating habits. Feel so much better. Got off the sugar and that has helped tremendously.
Spent some time yesterday catching up on correspondence and doing some sewing for my granddaughters. Things to relax and enjoy.
I guess Peggy is MIA at the moment. Maybe busy as everyone seems to be.
Take care all!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  5:10:17 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Judy, I couldn’t get your cards or if I could, I couldn’t reply. I’m going to try to look at it now! Cherry brandy sounds heavenly to chase away the goosebumps! Did it work? Yum!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 05 2021 :  5:23:25 PM  Show Profile
Hi Judy, a bit of cherry brandy sounded yummy, sometimes I'll use a bite of rum to warm the blood! SOMETIMES! ;)
I cant imagine someone so young, brothers especially, both passing. I read this to Sara, 16, who thinks she and her friends are automatically immune because of their age. I get really angry when I see parents going through the grocery store wearing masks but NOT their children! Wha-what??
Danny was also flying in desert storm Judy! I'm sure we are much older tho...giggle...

Darlene, so happy you have a working computer tablet now. Amazing how much we've become so dependent on them for communications!!

Worked about 8 hours last 3 days cutting down scrub brush and have 3 GINORMOUS piles to burn! Look out satellites! Lol! AND got the garden all cleaned up so tomorrow I'll burn my piles and divide dahlias before the rain comes in Thursday! I love getting outside and getting work done! Yes, my wrist is getting stronger everyday!! Thank You Lord!
Have a great evening everyone!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2021 :  4:02:43 PM  Show Profile
BRANDY of ANY kind has always been a favorite go-to of mine to warm the body & soul in winter!
PERIOD! *giggle*

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jan 06 2021 :  5:06:41 PM  Show Profile
;)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2021 :  08:31:53 AM  Show Profile
I'll let you have my snort of brandy if you let me have some extra cocoa spice tea. That sounds wonderful to me! But two of my favorite things are hot chocolate and tea LOL!!

Going to be doing some sewing today! I'm looking forward to it as soon as breakfast is done - yes, breakfast at 11:30 - the life of a dairy farmer :)

This is an old picture but I thought you would all enjoy it anyway.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Jan 07 2021 :  11:57:29 AM  Show Profile
Awwww, thanks Heather...I even enjoy re-runs! Hahaha So fuzzy n soft looking.

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2021 :  1:41:01 PM  Show Profile
Hello, My Porchies...Yes, I know I have been MIA...and it is all due to dealing with my husband's health issues. We met yesterday with the Heart Valve Transplant
Team and we're supposed to find out if they were going to do the Transplant or not...but just found out that they still haven't decided as he is a risky case. They
may want to deal with these 3 arteries also at the same time. 4 years ago we were told that his 4 arteries that are blocked could not be stinted or by-passed; but as
you know medicine is always improving...so they think they could possibly stint them now but they aren't sure. So, long story short the first surgeon we spoke
with was very optimistic but the Main Surgeon was very leery because Larry has so many other health issues that contribute to a high-risk factor. So, they will all
consult and get back to us in a week or so. But if they do the surgery it will be done with-in the next month and he will have to be in the hospital for 2 to 3
days. While in Portland at the Hospital yesterday...my car broke down twice/coming and going. My son came 40 miles to pick us up and take us back home and we had my car
towed back to Vancouver. Everyone says it's my battery...but I bought a brand new one about 4 or 5 months ago. The good news is...it is still under warranty.
The bad news is Larry's car broke down 3 weeks ago (needs a new alternator) ... so here we sit car-less. My son will help me tomorrow get my battery over
to be checked. So, yes... that is only one day in the Crazy Covid Year at our house!! Larry's lungs show that he covid in Oct. and November of 2019 before
they knew that Covid was in the Country. I had called 911 twice back then and they came and saw him but told him to just rest at home because the
Hospitals were full of Flu Patients. Anc Emergency room waits were 5+ hours and you'd didn't know what Hospital you would end up at, could even be Oregon
rather than WA. So, that has been our life...I have been running him everywhere to see Dr.'s for the last 6 months and doing Home care for him...with his
weak heart and lungs.

My Christmas Stuff is all still up...don't know when I will get it down but I'm sure eventually. Larry and I have been enjoying each other's company trying to make
the most of our time together. It is a good thing we both have a good sense of humor ... that gets us through the hard days. Larry hasn't seen his kids or grandkids
for over a year...and that is hard on him. Savannah...who just turned 5 is always sending her grandpa little gifts through me. They face time once in a while but he
gets short of breath and loses his voice quickly. But they are making it work!!

Well, just wanted to update you all!!! I did read the most recent posts (a couple of pages of them).

Good to have Darlene back!!! Yay, Girl!!

And Heather Love the Farm Pictures...Always a joy to see!!

Thanks to all of you who sent Christmas Cards and little notes...that always adds so much to our Holidays.

I promise to try to get on her more...if my husband stays out of Dr's offices for awhile. Can't count on it but I will try.
I need my Farm Sisters that is for sure!!!

Love, Hugs and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Jan 08 2021 1:50:09 PM
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  12:00:34 PM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Peggy- I am so saddened by your post! I hate that you and Larry are going through all of these challenges (and car problems to boot!!) I think we should attribute all of these things to 2020 and continue to pull for great improvement in 2021! If I were not on the other side of the country - I'd loan you a car or break in and take down your Xmas for you. That's all added stress you don't need. I'm sending prayers and good thoughts to you both. The porch will always be here when you need it!

As for me - it's always a mixed bag... The Yays: I have 2 nieces both accepted to med school to start sometime later this year. We accepted (I hope financing clears) an offer on the 14 acres we have for sale in SC yesterday. We got the mower back - so far it seems to be working, but hard to overheat in winter. I have not murdered my DH yet - despite his latest game of sneaking up on me and standing silently just around the corner from wherever I am. Yesterday I had a box blade in my hands. He has no idea..... and I'm still employed when so many are not (counting all the blessings!!!). The Boos: The Atlanta house is ....still....for...sale..... Cancer has struck 2 strong women in my family (a 2020 thing). I have to schedule a mammogram and colonoscopy (which I WILL do), but hoping to hold on long enough to get 2020 completely in the rear view before doing...I'd rather go to the dentist - and that's saying something.

There was a long list of things I intended to do over the holiday break. I've done little of it and making my peace with that. I've done a lot of other things instead that were important tho struggling to remember what they are. What I SHOULD be doing is going through the seed catalogs and planning the garden for this year. Spring will be here before Im ready.

As always - love spending time with you all and hope that laughter finds a way into your life every day!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Jan 12 2021 :  2:19:37 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
PeggyAnn: So glad to hear from you. Love, hugs and prayers going up for you. Things will slowly work their way through. Sometimes we want it done

now, but it will happen. Guess you have been learning patience! I'm pretty sure I had Covid on New Years Eve 2019, or a form of it. Judy and Dave

had a form of it too. Was very glad it did NOT go into my lungs. Stayed in my head and I was using my netipot like crazy and I got Laryngitis for

several days. Was very weird. No fever, no aches, just junk in my nose. I did sleep a lot..

My Christmas stuff is still up and it cheers me. I need that! My tree lights glow softly and it comforts me. I have candles in all windows also that I

turn on each night. Homey is the word. Not going away anytime soon.

Good to hear from those of you that have been away for awhile. Love, Hugs and Prayers to all who need and want them.. chins up girlies!

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page