Page: of 26

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2020 :  06:45:04 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Happy Friday Sisters of the Porch! SO good to see all of you this week!
Not a lot going on here. We, too, are supposed to get 2-3 inches from Delta over the weekend. Thinking it's a good night to set fire to the ever-growing woodpile in the back pasture, but will depend on wind gusts I guess. Had to hold a lot of chores for the weekend that were 'inside'. No vitamin D this weekend here! Hopefully get a good start on Xmas present manufacturing.
As luck would have it - it's my birthday today, so hubby is making dinner tonight. Looking for some good porch time watching the blaze and sipping an adult beverage. :)

Happy Weekend y'all!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

BeckyT
True Blue Farmgirl

170 Posts

Rebecca
Byhalia Ms
USA
170 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2020 :  07:51:02 AM  Show Profile
Happy Birthday!

Trust Jesus

Farm girl 5171
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2020 :  1:39:17 PM  Show Profile
HAPPY ~ HAPPY~ BIRTHDAY ~D I HOPE IT IS FULL OF BEAUTIFUL MEMORY MAKING PLEASURES. Just having hubby making dinner
sounds delightful to me. My husband is so ill and feeble I have to do everything for him, the dog and me. LOL Keeps me hopping!
My birthday is the 25th of this month. I love having an Oct. birthday because Fall is one of my favorite times of the year...don't you
think??? My kids will spoil me! I hope you get lots of Laughter, Fun, and Delights too!!

I think I have been MIA for about 2 weeks. Been way too busy with Dr.s Appt.'s and enjoying my Grandkids. Elijah just had his tonsels
and adnoids removed. Wed. when I was out there for dinner he sounded worse than when he first got home. His voice is scratchy
sounding and he keeps wanting to eat chips and cookies. I think he is even tired of icecream and popsycles. LOL Our kids here are
still not back in a classroom and Daddy is still working from home. He has to go into the office on occassion and out dealing with
Properties and Realestate Sales. He says that he loves working from home...but he seems out of sorts with the kids whining to go
out doors to play and their fighting all the time.

I brought some Tea and Coffee to leave with you gals and a big plate of Pumpkin Scones with White Choc. Chips. Have a Wonderful
day and enjoy the Fall Beauty all around us!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2020 :  2:03:36 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Welcome back Peggy! Wondered where you were. Not the same here without ya..

Like my Sizzers says (Judy), all are welcome here. * waving at all the newbies AND oldies*

October IS a good month Peggy.. My birthday is the 21st and I picked my youngest son's (Justin) birthday on the 7th since he was a C-Section.

Since he's in N. Dakota I have to send cards or do virtual ones. His youngest not born son is due before the month is out! I'm so excited. If he's not

here by the 30th, he will be a C-Section too..

I wanted a fire so bad tonight but it says rain. I DO enjoy my campfires.. roasting hot dogs and marsh mellies.. s i g h....

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2020 :  2:08:22 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Patsy!!! I know I missed everyone!! I didn't realize your Birthday was the 21st of October! Awesomeness!!! And Oh, boy I bet
you are excited for that Grandbaby! I could never have enough grandchildren...they are just the BESTEST!!! But my kids have all
informed me that I need to be content and happy with just the 4 I have...because that is all I'm getting. They are just party-poops,
is all I can say! LOL

Big Hugs To You Girl,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
Louisville Ohio(Stark Co)
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  07:37:50 AM  Show Profile
Wow... where is everybody? I can only hope and Pray that you are all busy... but safe!
We had our first snow yesterday. It spit & spat all day and was windy. This morning at 5 A.M., there was a nice blanket covering everything. The sun is out now, so most of it melted. I have a new Great-Nephew. A little cutie who came into this world on October 30th. Patsy and I feel BLESSED!
So, what have you all been up too?

Sister-chick# 905(Sept.14th 2009)
FGOTM:Jan.2012
Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
"I used to toast marshmallows over my birthday cake. Now I can roast a ham."
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  10:37:37 AM  Show Profile
Well, Judy ~ I can hardly believe how dead the Porch is either! I thought I was MIA for so long that I would have 3 pages of
posts to catch up on but NO... I am positively shocked. I have been busy caring for my husband...who finds out tomorrow if
he can have his heart valve replaced or what. He can hardly breathe because it is affecting his lungs, and brain and oxygen
levels. I didn't know if he would make it off the table on his last surgery...so everything is so sketchy right now.

I have had fun being with my grandchildren on Wed. nights and Saturday all day. Oh, and my kids too! lol

I can hardly believe that it is November!! Not in a panic yet but Christmas is next month!!! Oh, good grief!!!! Just Breathe Peggy!!!

Okay, I'm kind of feeling like I am talking to myself here...so, I'll close this out by
saying Congratulations on the Great Nephew!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 02 2020 10:41:47 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  10:53:56 AM  Show Profile
I have been making baby quilts and masks. Retirement isn’t good for the cash flow so I’m selling masks on my Etsy site. That kept me busy. My sister had a stroke a while back and I have been her taxi for doctor appointments.

It’s cold here now. I had to put an additive in my fuel tank for my truck. It’s a diesel. It wasn’t happy with the 20ish morning temps.
I noticed not much action here either. People are probably busy dealing with colder weather and life in general. I’m sure everyone is holding their breath regarding the election too.

Still no progress on moving to Seattle area. My son has a picture of what he wants to buy and there just aren’t any new houses listing that have his vision. He also wants to now wait until the end of the year because he has to sell stock for the down payment and doesn’t want to pay the capital gains in this years taxes.

Hopefully the holidays will brighten everyone’s mood.

Later all!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Not all who wander are lost.../
Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  11:54:01 AM  Show Profile
Peg, I was wondering about Larry. When you're quiet that long, I get a little nervous and afraid to ask about him. Sorry! Guess I'm a chicken-heart. I know he's ready to go, but I've known you and your family for so long thru MJF that I feel so close to all of you, and I fear the health reports. Ya know? Dave has a leaky valve too and his weight is a BIG factor for him. Then with the broken foot(weight related), he can't exercise and if he doesn't exercise, he doesn't lose weight... it's a vicious circle... and very sad. Being a nurse, I always wonder why he didn't care about all that more.**sigh**
So glad the kids are helping you cope, by distraction. Whatever it takes, right?
Bunny, I'm glad you have a fall-back plan. That's what's nice about crafting. ;)
Do you still have your kitties? I haven't heard about them lately.
I hope that more of ya slowly mosey back here. I miss all the fun jabbering :D

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
"We are a hardy bunch of mixed-breed mutts....a little Hillbilly, a little Indian, a little Irish/Welsh.....BUT a Whole Lotta GOD!!!"
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  12:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Haven't been sitting out on my porch since the surprise snow fall we got... but most of it is melted away.. and I got a bit of Vite-S (sunshine) yesterday while cleaning up in my garden..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  1:18:30 PM  Show Profile
Judy, still have three kitties. Miss Twinkle went over the rainbow bridge quite a while ago.

They make themselves very comfortable.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Nov 02 2020 :  7:35:02 PM  Show Profile
Bunny... a cat's life lived as it should be,,, Your kitties are precious!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  11:30:17 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Hello Sistahs of the Porch!

My deepest apologies for my departure. Insanity seems to be the theme of 2020 and the month of Kevin is helping, but not quite vanquished this awesome foe.

First- I wish you all Happy Election Day. What happens next is out of our collective hands, but I will be happy in the knowledge my mailbox, radio, and TV SHOULD be pollution-free for another 2 years.

ATL house is STILL for sale. Had to fire my realtor this past week and hire a new one. Since I was there, I also painted 3 doors (zillow says black and shiny adds 6K to your home value), painted another room a blah cream color, and changed out hardware on several doors (at least I know where all the keys are now)...

Went to Greenville Saturday night to take care of my Aunt with colon cancer. She's always been ornery, but this time we had a great visit. Stayed up WAY past my bed time till 1am....or was that the 'new midnight'. Sunday was a blur. Was in bed last night by 730.

It's turned colder here - Frost for the first time this morning. I love me some fall, but I'm having a really hard time believing it's November.

Chicken ladies all doing great.

A second cat has now adopted the farm... Hoping there's not some kind of cat chatroom where sucker's addresses are posted. I can't become a cat farmer.

Love and virtual hugs to you all!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
It is good to realize that if love and peace can prevail on earth, and if we can teach our children to honor nature's gifts, the joys and beauties of the outdoors will be here forever. -Jimmy Carter
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  5:15:39 PM  Show Profile
Been busy here visiting grandbabies.

Then a week ago my best friend passed suddenly due to a massive heart attack.

Today JT had surgery to fix the nerve pain in the part of his finger that was left from an amputation he had done last year. Spent most of the day waiting for him to get into surgery and just got back home at 7 tonight. The numbness is starting to wear off so he's having a lot of pain.

Just been busy the last little while here.

Glad to see not everyone had gotten cold and left the porch for the indoor heat yet. Lol.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/

Edited by - levisgrammy on Nov 04 2020 04:06:57 AM
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  5:21:33 PM  Show Profile
Denise so sorry for you loss of your best friend. I know it hits hard. Big hug.

Hope JT get better soon as well.

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  5:51:28 PM  Show Profile
HELLO MY PORCHIES...

Judy...you are so right about me being quiet when Larry is doing poorly. It really keeps me busy and with not much time
for what I love and enjoy doing. Like being on the Porch!! Today I had to run errands for both of us...but at least it kept him
from going out in the rain and cold weather. I enjoyed getting out for a bit!!!

Sorry, girls I will have to come back later and finish this!!

Hugs while I'm rushing off,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2020 :  9:52:44 PM  Show Profile
Back again...had to help my hubby with some stuff!

Bunny...I'm still not a cat person but I do LOVE your quilts!! And obviously your cats have good taste too
as they snuggle down and enjoy your work with love! Praying your son will eventually find what he is looking
for in a house, for you guys!!
Denise...so sorry to hear about your Best Friend's death and your hubby's health issues. It is hard
to start losing friends or family members (like your parents). I have two friends from my Bible Study Group
that are both really ill right now. One in a rehab center and one needing bypass surgery. This has been the Craziest year!!
But I am praying for you dear friend!! Loss of loved ones is hard!

D~ you are busy as ever girl! I wish I had half your get up and go and gumption! My Apt. is falling down around my ears. My husband is living in our living room. So, it looks like a bedroom. But he can't breathe laying down...he can at least sleep in his recliner.

I am able to be with my kids again tomorrow night and I need those small times out around laughter and craziness! The all
bring me such great joy and yes, a brief diversion from my regular routine.

I sure can't believe it is November! This week it is rain, rain and more rain...but thank the good Lord no snow.

Hope you all are trusting Jesus to get you through these strange times. I am glad that God is on his Throne and still in control.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy.

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

LIVE LIFE IN FULL BLOOM

Edited by - LadyInRed on Nov 03 2020 9:56:39 PM
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2020 :  05:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Peggy & Denise-

I'm so sorry to hear about what's going on in your lives. While we are never given more than we can handle, I do question the distribution some days.

My thoughts and prayers are with both of you. Know the porch will always be here when you need it!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2020 :  11:37:12 AM  Show Profile
Hi Girlies, So, we did our part(voting)and now we wait. All I keep telling myself is, "We don't have control over who gets to be president really, but it is our duty to Pray for whoever gets in." Can't remember where that is in the Bible, but it's in there. And after all, they are going to NEED our Prayers! That's one TOUGH job! Amen? Amen! We don't know what tomorrow holds, but we know WHO holds tomorrow! And HE never changes!
Well, we are having some strangely warm temps right now. 60's and 70's. Alright then! *giggle* Good clean up and put stuff away for winter weather. Also, maybe we can have one last fire out in our fire pit and sit around it and enjoy one last marshmellie. Yummm!! ;P
Sorry some of you are having rain. We did that off n on for 2 weeks, then snow, now warmth. Yup, it's fall in Ohio. Most of our leaves are gone now too. And yet some trees are still green. Hmmm...
Denise, so sorry to hear about your best friend. Prayers going up for you dear fiend! May you find piece and enjoy all your happy memories of them! Prayers for JT too!
Bunny, such pretty kitties! I want to pet their soft fur and hug the stuffing outta them. *giggle*
I like how the one just took over the pillow... hahaha... too funny!
Well Porch-Buds, enjoy your day, whatever it holds!

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

craftbug
True Blue Farmgirl

545 Posts

Patsy
Clarkson Kentucky
USA
545 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  4:24:26 PM  Show Profile  Send craftbug a Yahoo! Message
Hi ladies. What will be will be, the future's not ours to see.. kay surrah surrah.. but Judy is right. We know WHO is in control..

I've been cleaning up my garden. Getting ready for winter. Looks neater already. I'm ready for Spring! lol We had 80 a couple days

and 70s also. Enjoying it while I can. Going to be 60s rest of week. That works too.

Take care of yourselves. Hugs n prayers for you all..

Thomas Edison: "Opportunity is missed by most because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." :)
Go to Top of Page

Bearclover
True Blue Farmgirl

2391 Posts

Bunny
Gig Harbor Wa
USA
2391 Posts

Posted - Nov 09 2020 :  4:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Happy Fall everyone. There was frost on the rooftops around our house. My son drove from california over one of the passes to Reno Nevada in a snowstorm the other day. Winter is coming on fast.

I finished three quilts for my great nephews. One to be born in February. I figured I would get it done I. Case I’m in the middle of moving. ( fingers crossed my son finds something.)

I’ll post pictures when they come back from the quilters. I have a friend in California that does beautiful work.

I’m already making Christmas gifts. I’m making fabric baskets and filling them with teas and good things to eat.

Anyway, later all. Have a hot chocolate on me!

Bunny

Farmgirl number 3738

Plan to improvise
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Nov 10 2020 :  4:46:28 PM  Show Profile
Hey all... woke up to a new blanket of snow on the ground,, buy by 4pm,, a lot has melted,, and now the quail are out in the yard scratching for their seed under the snow.. ... they are so funny to watch,,,

Made my mom's soup, called Griesssouppe... it was yummy!

I think I will kick back this evening and do some reading since there is nothing on TV that I care to watch... a good book, a lovely glass of wine and a purrball of kitty fluff on my lap... makes for a relaxing evening.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9242 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9242 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2020 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile
Wow Grace snow! I guess it seems strange to me but only because we don't even see snow here until January or February. Sometimes a fluke and we get some in December. But rare.
Still basking in falling leaves and warm days cool nights here.

There is going to be a memorial at church for my friend but we won't be attending. The family is having one in the Spring so we will go to that one. I feel it is important to support them after so many of friendship with their family. Must be close to 30 yrs. I learned a lot from her and will keep my memories close at heart.

Working on getting projects done around the house. Want to get everything done and some deep cleaning done before the holidays and this is my chance. Not sure how the holidays are going this year.
Thank you to all who have been praying. I surely appreciate them.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

herblady55
True Blue Farmgirl

3470 Posts

Judy
USA
3470 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2020 :  4:06:53 PM  Show Profile
Hi Grace, I just went over and read how you made your Mom's soup. So glad you found it. That was quite the ordeal. I do hope you find that lost tape of your Mom's voice. What a treasure.
You can't beat a warm, furry, loving kitty-Kid on your lap on a cold evening, can you? I miss mine. All I had to do was sit down and cover my lap with my blanket and holler,..."Rascal...blankie!"...and it didn't matter where he was, he'd come at a trot and jump up and join me! He was a Mommy's Boy! He had favorite blankie too! ;)
Denise, I'm glad you get a chance to go to the memorial in the Spring. We have to say Good-Bye!
I can't believe that you don't get snow until January. Wow! When is it over then?

Judy
French-Hugs&Squeezles!
Go to Top of Page

ChikinsR4dinner
True Blue Farmgirl

92 Posts

D
Walhalla SC
USA
92 Posts

Posted - Nov 16 2020 :  10:08:46 AM  Show Profile  Send ChikinsR4dinner a Yahoo! Message
Good afternoon Sisters of the Porch!
Im guessing it's getting close to the holidays - I have the auspicious circumstance of NO meetings for the next 2.5 days. That's NEVER happened. I still need to be chained to my desk *sadly), but no meetings is VERY refreshing.
Not a ton going on - other than following Denise's lead to get things cleaned up and out ahead of the holidays. Tgiving should be interesting. I've got 9 total coming. Going to try and host it outside at 59 degrees and possible rain in the way-too-early forecast. Then time to turn this place into Santa's wonderland! (I love my family - but they always seem to clear out as soon as the decoration bins come out!)
House for sale in ATL is - well - still there. Changed agents last week. Hoping for a better outcome now that the election is over, and people's anxiety is lessened (tho the poor ppl in GA now have 2 more months of hateful political ads!!)
Weekend saw a lot of outdoor chores underway. Gotta get all the weeds pulled and hedges trimmed. This weekend hopefully the next round of bigger activities; clearing off the pond dams, etc. Changed my sheets out to winter flannel....brings a smile to my face. Warm and snuggly on my aches and pains!
Y'all have an awesome week!!

In laughter & hope,
~D
Farmgirl Sister #8125
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 26 Across the Fence: Previous Topic Come Sit on the Porch Awhile Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page