Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  10:06:48 AM  Show Profile

Just a few pages from my scrap book. Another thing to keep me busy. I have a lot of pictures that I cut out etc so thought it would be a good idea to do something with them.

NANCY JO

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9264 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9264 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  11:08:24 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo,
I love your scrapbook. I remember my husband's grandma used to have one in her attic. Not sure if she made it as a child or someone else did but it was so neat to look through.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  2:05:03 PM  Show Profile
Hi Denise,
Hope you and your family are doing well. Such a crazy time. I have a scrapbook of my Great Grandma's, probably from the late 1800's. Wouldn't it be so interesting to see more of these??
Nancy JO

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2684 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2684 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  5:12:56 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I adore your scrapbook!! I have so many and still crave more! I find them so therapeutic to work on, nostalgic and heart warming! I always wonder what those I leave behind will think of me after I'm gone when they find and go through all my scrapbooks! I think there is something so endearing and intimate in our scrapbooks and journals! It's beautiful!! I have one my great grandmother made, love it so!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  5:26:07 PM  Show Profile
Absolutely beautiful Nancy. No wonder I never did scrapbooking---no talent for it. But I do have an old college scrapbook and it is full of memories,

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17057 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17057 Posts

Posted - Apr 25 2020 :  7:34:28 PM  Show Profile
I remember having a Scrapbook as a 'tween-ager'.. I even wrote my friends phone numbers in it.. problem is,, back then, you only had to dial 5 numbers... Yeppers! I am old as the hills almost! lol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2020 :  05:07:47 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Girls. I have this thing for paper always cutting out stuff. Nice to hear from you all that scrapbooking is still alive and well.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

455 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
455 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2020 :  3:01:56 PM  Show Profile
I can remember sharing a party line with a neighbor. He was so funny. He would pick up the phone and say those girls are always on the phone.

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9264 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9264 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2020 :  3:33:20 PM  Show Profile
I have a scrapbook that someone in the family started. Mostly newspaper clippings of things that happened and there are a few obituaries in there. I may go ahead and add to it with some of the things I have saved over the years, family stuff.
One of the things was a clipping about an aunt of my grandmother's who died in a stove fire. Both her husband and son were a bit deaf and so they had the radio up really loud and did not hear her calling for them. I can't imagine. My mother remembered her and I remember her telling us about it. Then when she passed I got the book and saw the clipping in there about it. Not a very happy thing but it meant something to family to keep the scrapbook.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Apr 26 2020 :  6:46:31 PM  Show Profile
Nancy...Someone my family knew had a Scrapbook of all their favorite Greeting Cards and when I was a kid...that is the first thing I asked to look at when we
visited. They didn't have kids and so going through that Scrapbook kept me entertained while the adults visited. I always loved that book and I often thought
of doing one for my kids...but never did. After doing their baby books...that was enough for me. LOL

Yours is looking mighty cute with all your pretty little pictures that you have cut out and saved through the years.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4726 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4726 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  06:13:43 AM  Show Profile
Your scrapbook is beautiful and a wonderful way to save your pictures. Enjoy adding more and going through your books.

Dawn in IL

Bloom, where you are planted.
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6750 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6750 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  10:42:05 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, I remember doing something similar as a child and then once again in a collage class. It’s been so long. I think I’m due for another. Maybe like an idea book on thinks I want to make and do! Look your book and thanks for the idea!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Apr 27 2020 :  11:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, your scrapbook is looking so fun and beautiful! I love how you use so many vintage graphics too. While scrapbooking isn't anything I have ever done much, I admire people like you who have a flair for putting things together to be memorable and pretty. Great fun for this time of having to stay home! Thanks for sharing.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My Scrap Book Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page