Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 I Think I am Saving $$$...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I Think I am Saving $$$... Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  09:53:26 AM  Show Profile
I was reviewing my monthly budget and noticed a decline in random spending (not going junktiquing or to Hobby Lobby)

BUT...
I did notice an increase in 'on-line' spending...
Yeppers,,, I am having way to much fun, shopping while in my P.J.'s, my hair in a pony tail and coffee breath!!! lol!

Lookie what just came..

ahh,, more mischief to keep me entertained... just don't tell my hubby..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2122 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2122 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  11:10:15 AM  Show Profile
Grace, the same thing is happening to me; I'm finding online shopping way too easy but it does give you something to look forward to. Getting packages in the mail is fun.
Cute patterns!

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  2:18:32 PM  Show Profile
Grace, especially when some places are doing free shipping! I’m a sucker for free shipping lol! Last week I ordered me some Easter wood blocks to work on. They arrived today, so now I’m waiting on the Easter paper I need to make them! That owl is adorable! I can’t wait to see it finished!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  4:04:59 PM  Show Profile
Krista,, I plan to make one for Everlee,,
I tried several times, with out a pattern and didn't like the way they turned out.. so I figured I would buy the pattern,,, (free shipping on total order if you spend a certain amount)...
Going to dig through my fabric stash this week :>)

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Mar 30 2020 4:21:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  07:07:37 AM  Show Profile
Yep, I can say, I have done a bit of online shopping for myself as well. But overall, my spending is way down because I am just not in the mood. I have kept busy doing a whole host of little fix-it make it better stuff around the house and yard. There are always a number of little things that need attention and are easy to push away because they are not urgent. So, I have found I get a lot of satisfaction from fixing things. Or working on reading at stack of books I have that I am finally taking time to read. It has been enjoyable too! I have also started making my own bread again using MaryJane's organic white flour from her online store. It makes wonderful bread and works well with whole wheat too. Making bread takes time but I always get a lot of satisfaction from doing it and it makes the house smell wonderful when it is baking!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  10:31:26 AM  Show Profile
Love the owl!! Can't wait to see how it turns out.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  10:44:18 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
I believe our spending has gone down, also - however, we need to get living room and master bedroom furniture, so spending WILL go up. LOL!

I have not been to Hobby Lobby or Joanns or to quilt shops, and even though we have spent a bit more on food for the house, it has definitely cut down our spending for eating out. We have also been losing weight, a great benefit, because we had been trying but unsuccessfully. We are losing slowly, which is the best way.

I have so many craft and quilting projects that I have already purchased, that I don't plan on buying TOO much online in the craft area. I have been looking on Pinterest for wine cork projects and a few other project areas.

Grace - I love the cute bunnies you made. Looks like that owl pattern is made in a similar manner. Your grandkids will love them.

We have taken 2 boxes of games and jigsaw puzzles to my grandkids - we leave the box at their gate and the kids come down and pick it up. They are games they don't have at home, so something new to keep their cabin fevers a but at bay. LOL!

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7443 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7443 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  10:59:12 AM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Ed and I have also been trying to complete home repair/update projects at the new house. He painted my craft/quilting rooms (yes, 2 of them - one is more of a storage room/closet) and the laundry room. He needs to remove a "spare" door we found after we moved in - it had been blocked by a china cabinet in the dining room and a refrigerator in the garage. After he fixes that, he will paint the dining room and kitchen.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16961 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16961 Posts

Posted - Mar 31 2020 :  11:22:24 AM  Show Profile
Linda,, Keep that "Honey-Do' list going,, it will keep you and Ed, busy.. and I hear ya about the diet..
I have been cooking a lot,, but making smaller portions, and using low fat options..
I found a frozen pumpkin pie in the freezer, buried under the veggies and bread,,, so I baked it, and pre sliced it into 6 servings.. it males us feel not so quarantined... as only a pie can do! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic I Think I am Saving $$$... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page