Page: of 8

bbarton1980
True Blue Farmgirl

85 Posts

Beth
Willits CA
USA
85 Posts

Posted - Aug 19 2020 :  07:20:49 AM  Show Profile  Send bbarton1980 a Yahoo! Message
Beautiful vision Nini Thanks for sharing that with us.I walked out a pulled 3 sweet cherry tomatoes off my vines. That makes 5 cherry tomatoes so far. I have about 15 other tomatoes still ripening.

Happy Wednesday everyone.

Beth O'Nyon
Farmgirl #8065
Adopt the pace of nature. Her secret is patience. Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 20 2020 :  8:26:56 PM  Show Profile
I read on facebook last evening a friend was in the hospital. What to do, what to do? Last month I became a licensed lay pastor for our small country church. We have an interim minister so there has been little for me to do to this point. But now, the interim is home near Akron. It was time for me to do my part. I would visit my friend in the hospital. But, when I attempted to do so, I was told I would be the only visitor he was allowed to visit today. I explained no, I could not do that to his wife. Then, I explained to the receptionist that I am a pastor. She asked for the first tag she had given me, threw it in the trash, and made a new one with the word Clergy upon it. And then she sent me upstairs to my friend explaining she would remove me from the computer as visitor so that my friends wife would still be allowed to visit today as well.
I visited with my friend. He explained what was happening with him and told a few stories. We prayed. He told me he will see me in church Sunday and reminded me we have a meeting at 8:30.
What to do?... Let God lead the way!

As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord
Joshua 24:15
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Aug 21 2020 :  04:42:34 AM  Show Profile

That is the way is feels here! The mornings have started out with cooler temps and we are in the 70s and low 80s. But that is a change for us here from the 90s with real feel in the 100s.
I enjoy my mornings on the porch during this part of the summer. All my fall things are out and it just makes me happy to see it and know that picking pumpkins and apples and sweaters and cider are all on their way!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"I am a bookaholic and I have no desire to be cured."

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Aug 24 2020 :  7:04:16 PM  Show Profile
Ihad wondered what today would bring. As I sat on my bed considering my day ahead I caught movement outside my door. There he was, the little fawn I had wondered how it was doing. It was so much fun to see it leaping about the yard, the simple jys He provides if we take the time to stop and notice.

Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Aug 26 2020 :  10:50:19 AM  Show Profile
That’s lovely, Terri. Always something wonderful to see and experience in God’s creation.
My happy note for today is that I was able to make brownies in my crockpot instead of in the oven, which is broken. Adaptability is a good gift from God to be able to develop so that sometimes you do not have to live without something- although there are many good lessons associated with that, too.

Draw near to YHVH God, and He will draw near to you.

Looking for help navigating these difficult days?
Check out Prophet Todd Bernick on You Tube or www.lostbooksrevealed.com

Keep Torah/Believe Jesus

Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Aug 28 2020 :  2:41:54 PM  Show Profile

The female Tiger Swallowtail arrived!

Now that his mate is here the hope is many more beautiful butterflies next year!

Keep shining!
Natalie

Edited by - NatChap on Aug 28 2020 2:43:16 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Sep 11 2020 :  2:10:18 PM  Show Profile
Simply beautiful, Natalie!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  2:48:54 PM  Show Profile
Two new kittens greeted me upon my return from church today. They are cute, not interested in being petted yet.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  4:01:49 PM  Show Profile
My very happy note for today? I was able to be with my Aunt and help her celebrate her 100th birthday this weekend!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Sep 13 2020 :  6:33:20 PM  Show Profile
What a glorious reason to celebrate, Denise! I hope your aunt had a wonderful day!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Sep 14 2020 :  10:10:32 AM  Show Profile
I believe she did, April. Thank you!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2020 :  07:11:08 AM  Show Profile
The view out Mom's window this morning. I have a few hunters in my classes. Mom sent the picture to me at school so I could share it with them. One of my boys then showed me a photo of a buck he has been hoping to get. It is fun to get them talking about things they like.

Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2020 :  5:32:43 PM  Show Profile
There has been so much going on at my house that I totally forgot about this thread. I just read all of it and thank all of you for the "happy notes" and beautiful conversations! My happy note for today is that I rediscovered this thread and appreciate all of your participating! Happy Fall to everyone!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Phillippians 4:13
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  09:26:47 AM  Show Profile
My Happy Note for today is that the sun is shining, the grass has been cut & smells wonderful, the river is flowing by, and I am so thankful for all the blessings I have been given, especially family and friendships. Thank you ladies for your friendships!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

"You've gotta dance like there's nobody watching, Love like you'll never be hurt, Sing like there's nobody listening, And live like it's heaven on earth." - William W. Purkey

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2020 :  3:24:24 PM  Show Profile
My happy note for today is this day itself! We had our first real fall feeling day.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2020 :  2:18:00 PM  Show Profile
My Happy Note,... as I was working with my remote learners, my next class entered the room and everyone melded back into one group, remote and in person learners working together. The in person learners helped me keep everything straight. They worked together. It was great.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9233 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9233 Posts

Posted - Oct 03 2020 :  10:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Terri, That is a great happy note. It is tough for the kids and teachers, I'm sure, and everyone working together is a wonderful encouragement.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  1:33:19 PM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
So good to read through and catch up! Blessings to all of you. I have missed my chat rooms.! I am happy today because I'm moving into a park model on a pond in Florida. It needs a lot of work and will be very time consuming for a bit but YAY!!!. So happy to have a bigger home in a smaller community.

Fishgirl Farm
Farmgirl#7855
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2020 :  1:47:46 PM  Show Profile
Congratulations, Vicki! Living near a pond is a dream! Fixing up your home can be so much fun.

Keep shining!
Natalie

Edited by - NatChap on Oct 05 2020 1:52:42 PM
Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 18 2020 :  12:05:46 PM  Show Profile
How wonderful to see so many of us rediscovering this string and adding to it their experiences. We had frost on the ground her yesterday. But, my flowers are unhurt. Thanks God. Hope your days continue to bring you joy.
Hugs
Terri

Go to Top of Page

msdoolittle
True Blue Farmgirl

1143 Posts

Amanda
East Texas
USA
1143 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  12:11:06 PM  Show Profile
Happy Note: Went outside today and my Rapunzel tomato has set no telling how many little baby tomatoes. I do gripe about our heat/humidity, but the growing season is technically year 'round :).

Also, a gorgeous zinnia that died with the heat/lack of water put out hundreds of seeds in my garden and every single baby that came up is a different color. I will have to post a pic. It's so pretty. Zinnias are like little smiles...

FarmGirl #1390
www.mylittlecountry.blog
Go to Top of Page

margie38572
Farmgirl in Training

29 Posts

Margaret
Crossville TN
USA
29 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  12:18:40 PM  Show Profile
My Happy Note! I am tired from doing a bunch of grocery shopping for my son. He, his wife, and family will soon be moving back to our town. He's coming for a short visit to work on his new house. Thank God, He provided the resources for me to stock up for my son. I'm looking forward to when they all make the final move and I'll have my grandbabies here to spoil.

Margie
Go to Top of Page

jmpiercy
True Blue Farmgirl

439 Posts

Joan
Lansing North Carolina
USA
439 Posts

Posted - Oct 22 2020 :  1:52:00 PM  Show Profile
My Happy Note for today is that I just finished the Open Enrollment process to change my prescription insurance which will save us lots of money! It takes a couple of hours to do, but it was worth it! Hope everyone is having a good day!

Joan P.
Farmgirl Sister #8056

Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Oct 23 2020 :  08:31:09 AM  Show Profile
Today is the last day of our 1st quarter. This means we all get to start all over again. And, many of my remote learners are returning to a regular in-class schedule. Some of my kids yesterday actually let me hear them say they would much rather be here at school than stuck at home. Don't tell them I heard it. :)

Go to Top of Page

Tchr66
True Blue Farmgirl

452 Posts

Terri
Clarington Ohio
USA
452 Posts

Posted - Nov 13 2020 :  5:19:22 PM  Show Profile
A year ago, I made the decision to become a licensed lay minister. I wanted to be a kind of substitute minister serving the members of my congregation in the absence of a regular minister. I had not really considered the possibility of being needed by other congregations. The occasion has arisen and now I will get to lead worship for another church through the end of 2020. I am so excited. I get to lead worship through Advent and Christmas. I had never guessed this would happen so quickly. He works in mysterious ways.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 7. Send it!: Previous Topic Happy Notes Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page