Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 New Holiday here at MJF: Peeps Celebration Night!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic New Holiday here at MJF: Peeps Celebration Night! Next Topic
Page: of 2

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  07:01:03 AM  Show Profile

Welcome Everyone to my latest fun gathering to add some Spring holiday fun while we are all having to do social distancing. I am organizing HERE a PEEPS PARTY for this coming Saturday evening, March 29.

The party will be simple and anyone or everyone can celebrate. Over at the Spring giveaway link that I am hosting, (and there is still time to sign up if you haven't), the discussion of Peeps Candy came up and I learned that many others, besides myself, love this truly seasonal candy favorite. All sort of ideas about how to enjoy Peeps has been shared so I decided we should make a virtual Party this weekend that everyone is invited to share in the fun.

Here are the party suggestion guidelines.

1. The party will be any time of the day on Saturday.

2. Purchase your favorite Peeps candy and then share with everyone here how you best enjoy eating them. If you are able, please share a photo of what you do or if you cannot post, leave us a detailed post of what you purchased and what you did with your Peeps.

3.Some ideas shared are dipping the bottoms of the Peeps in Chocolate, making Peeps into s'mores, eating them plain with a cup of hot tea or chocolate, and making them into a tea party.

Sound like fun?? I hope so because there are lots of ways to enjoy Peeps and it will be fun for all of us to have a little gathering here online to celebrate together.

So, this week, make sure you toss your favorite Peeps into your grocery cart and plan what you might do.

For those of you who sew, make us a little Peeps flag apron, or other simple accessory and share it here this week as we all prepare. Even if you don't eat Peeps, you can make a Peeps apron or flag and hang it outside so people who are walking about for exercise can get on board with the celebration. Hehehe, I can just imagine everyone across this nation stampeding to get some Peeps and eating them!!! LOL!!! Maybe we can create a national shortage of Peeps this week that would rival the apparent toilet paper shortages coast to coast!!

What do you say?? Will you join me and others here on this coming Saturday for the first ever National Peeps party???

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  08:58:39 AM  Show Profile
I will join the party but sadly not by eating any. I don't have any on hand and Ohio is shut down for all nonessential business so I don't think a peeps run is a good idea. Here's what I've done in the past though and would do again if I could:

Peeps in my hot chocolate!

I love the idea of a peeps apron. I'll have to see what I can do. I found an amazing peeps embroidery design but sadly it's too big for my machine :(

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  10:26:56 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I just happened to need a grocery run for carrots, celery, meat, juice and some fruit. AND..........they had Peeps along with the other Easter candy, so if you find that you need some fresh stuff that doesn't keep forever, be sure to look at the Easter candy area for Peeps. Florida has the same strict rules as Ohio, but I needed fresh stuff because we eat a lot of fresh veggies and fruit every day. If you end up not needing to make a legitimate run for essentials, I love the idea of a little apron. Your darling photo of peeps in a cup of hot chocolate (????) is Peeps adorable!! I have never seen purple Peeps before.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  11:32:40 AM  Show Profile
Tomorrow at 6am is our designated senior shopping time so I will see if the store has Peeps.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  11:50:30 AM  Show Profile
I have Peeps! Aldi had several items in-stock today that they didn't have last week so I ordered groceries. They only had the yellow Peeps so that's what I have. May have to sample one just to make sure it's the real thing.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  11:56:01 AM  Show Profile

Sara, I betcha it is a real yellow Peep!! I did a run to the store today and got some yellow and pink Peeps!! My mouth waters just thinking about how sweet they actually are. All that sugar!! LOL!!! But a test for quality control wouldn't hurt! LOL!!

Judith, I hope the store has Peeps tomorrow. You know us older Girls are closet Peep lovers!! LOL!! Most adults think they are yucky sugary candy, but then again, Farmgirls are not "most adults"!! LOL!! We know an American iconic tradition when we see one!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Mar 23 2020 11:59:08 AM
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  4:36:31 PM  Show Profile
I can't believe you've never had purple ones!!!! Purpler is my favorite color so my mother in law usually gets me a pack around Easter. There's so many crazy flavors out now. I've not tried any of them - have any of you? What about a preference for chicks or bunnies? I prefer the chicks - a little more marshmallow than the bunnies I think :) The best part for me about peeps is that my husband doesn't like them so I get them all for myself!!

Just wait until you see what I started working on today! It should be finished in a couple days if all goes as planned - which doesn't usually happen on the farm.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  4:42:34 PM  Show Profile
Love peeps! Though I've had the different colors I'm not sure there is a difference in taste. Like Heather I like to put them in cocoa if they are fresh. I prefer a bit on the stale side though.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2020 :  05:10:35 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I sure do hope you get to finish your surprise project! But please share whenever you finish it because your Bovine Peeps come first and now Peeps appear for every season. Yay!!! Actually, I am not sure which color Peeps are my favorites. I always love yellow ones just because they look like baby chicks............but I still love the other colors as well. I am definitely making a note that I will keep my eyes open for purple Peeps. Maybe not this Easter because of the stay at home orders, but Peeps will be here next year and the next.

Denise, I think Peeps in hot chocolate is delish!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Mar 25 2020 :  05:20:04 AM  Show Profile
Winnie I'm halfway through the first package of Peeps. You know how it is when you start doing quality control you just don't know when to stop. Not to worry - I bought 2 packages so there'll be Peeps for our Peeps Celebration Night.

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2020 :  07:16:11 AM  Show Profile
Purple is my favorite color for everything - not just peeps. I like all colors of peeps LOL!!!

Sara - glad to hear you're doing such a great job with the quality control check!!

Looks like I'll have some time today to work in the house so I better get off the computer...

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 27 2020 :  6:12:24 PM  Show Profile
Here's what I made to celebrate:

The pocket:

I'm working on one for my friend for her birthday but it's not quite finished. Here it is so far:

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  05:01:46 AM  Show Profile
Heather your "Peeps" aprons are precious - just precious. The pocket is a stroke of genius. Have fun wearing yours and I know your friend will love hers.

Edited by - YellowRose on Mar 28 2020 05:02:14 AM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  05:14:24 AM  Show Profile
Heather, your Peeps apron is just the cutest ever!! You are so creative and I love the pocket message as well. What a perfect apron for tonight’s celebration and for the rest of Spring. Thank-you for sharing and send us a photo with your apron on. A Masterpiece if there ever was one!!!

I will be checking back in tonight with my Peeps projects and sharing with everyone. I love that this new celebration at MJF has blossomed because what could be more fun than just Peeps!! Thank-you to those that have joined in our little efforts to help make some germ free fun to brighten our day as we all shelter in place from the coronavirus. Isn’t that just the way that Farmgirls know how to share the love and caring for each other?? It sure seems that way to me!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  06:11:28 AM  Show Profile
Winnie I'll check in with you this evening to see your Peeps projects and what the other Peepsers have been up to. Must fess up that I'll be Peepsless - seems like my week long quality control diminished my stash to zero. Maybe this time next year I'll have gotten better at controlling my quality control. Happy Peeps y'all.

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  11:30:43 AM  Show Profile
LOL, Sara!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well just think of it this way............... your diligent Peeps quality control this past week is an assurance to the rest of us that indeed the 2020 Peeps are up to perfection!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!

The LogCabin is a flurry of invention at the moment while my edible project is already in the fridge. I will sent photos this evening.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful Saturday!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  4:13:48 PM  Show Profile
We just finished dinner starring my Peeps salad. This is an old recipe my Mom made a lot in Spring because we kids loved it. She used orange jello, but I used MaryJane'e ChillOver powder, grated raw carrot, one can crushed pineapple, and Apple nectar juice for half of the fluid requirement. I love this old recipe made Farmgirl style!!

When Hubby saw it, he said what is this?? But he dug in and found it delish and forgot how he liked Peeps too!! LOL!! Who doesn't love Peeps??

And because every party needs a hat, I created my Peeps hat for the occasion from a paper plate, hot glued on easter grass, and darling pink Peeps. I texted the photo to my girls and they had a big laugh. They think their Mama is crazy sometimes, but they say the best people are!! LOL!!!

I totally enjoyed our Peeps party together and hearing about how you enjoy Peeps as well as your projects. Thank-you for this bit of fun. It was a much need diversion from all the news about coronavirus!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6791 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6791 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  4:21:02 PM  Show Profile
Winnie you are so Peepsish cute in your Peeps spring hat. Dessert looks yummy.

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  5:07:58 PM  Show Profile

I'm just relaxing with my Peeps and reading the latest issue.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  5:13:37 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Sara!!

Vanessa, you look Peeps adorable reading your latest issue of MJF too! I couldn't find the bunnies when I went to the store, but they are adorable for sure! Thanks for checking in and sharing your Peeps Party celebration.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Mar 28 2020 :  5:42:34 PM  Show Profile
You ladies are to cute. Winnie thanks for starting the peeps party. I haven't been to town for awhile, but I sure hope peeps are still n stock when I get there.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2020 :  07:22:19 AM  Show Profile
Winnie,
I love your Peeps hat! This was a wonderful diversion from all that is happening right now.

Vanessa,
I love it! Enjoying peeps with the latest issue what more could one want?

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Mar 29 2020 :  2:45:40 PM  Show Profile
Our store only had the chicks but they had all three colors so I got one package of each. First I open up the package. My guilty secret is that I like stale Peeps, so I let them dry out a bit which isn't too hard as I'm diabetic and limit myself to one peep a day.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  05:48:19 AM  Show Profile
Glad you were able to get some Peeps to enjoy with our celebration! Three colors was a lucky score !

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  08:13:01 AM  Show Profile
Judith, That is how I enjoy my peeps too!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Mar 30 2020 :  6:57:20 PM  Show Profile
Hi dear Girls---I must admit I have never eaten any Peeps---but I always thought they were pretty! Winnie---you are so young, pretty and vibrant---I always wondered what you looked like. Your hat is so funny. Loved your peeps party. I did look up things to do with peeps and I think Peep-za sounded so good. LOL and so glad for the humor. God bless you Dear Winnie.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Holidays: Previous Topic New Holiday here at MJF: Peeps Celebration Night! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page