texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  4:30:46 PM  Show Profile
Well, our schools closed last week “indefinitely”, meaning no clue when they will open. Most people are working from home or closed. My classes are “on hold” that I teach, so my life is now “off the clock”, which, to be honest is really nice.

I can’t listen to the news all day. I check in and then turn it off. I have finished sewing some placemats I bought fabric for A YEAR AGO. (Good grief). They look great and I am happy how they turned out and to have something to brighten the table.

I am working on finishing a knitted sweater. I also made some wind chimes from some things I repurposed, and am so happy with them!

Crafting makes clears my worry, if just for a small bit.

I want to embroider some dish towels next. Taking breaks to read, starting seeds inside, catch up on my favorite magazines, catch up on the phone with friends...

What are you up to?

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  4:51:49 PM  Show Profile
It's been crazy here too, Nicole, our schools just closed for six weeks, expecting that to get extended based on what's going on other places. Now that my we r all on the mend from colds, I plan to finish some projects and start organizing from head to toe. Gotta stay busy! Been taking some time to read with my fur baby and just relax too, much needed and overdue. Please take care, be safe!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  5:24:21 PM  Show Profile
Our county in northern KY has closed schools. They will send out homework and have drive through pick up for bag lunches. I work at the newspaper and will continue to work, although with events canceled and no school news issues will be skimpy.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  7:55:20 PM  Show Profile
I should be working on PHD's aka UFO's.. but instead.. I start new ones!
lolol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  06:02:47 AM  Show Profile
I feel bad for my dd and her friends. I know it is small in the scheme of things, but she is class of 2020. Missed out on the senior trip, prom and graduation. :(

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6792 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6792 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  07:12:04 AM  Show Profile
Nicole it is a big thing. You're only that age once and those experiences when lost are lost forever. Yes, in the big scheme of things it's a small thing but knowing that doesn't make it hurt any less. I remember how strongly I felt everything between the ages of 14-20. It took me years of living to know and believe that the sun will come up tomorrow and this too shall pass. Hug your DD for me and tell her I understand and it's okay to cry but don't let it shut out the joys of being alive each and everyday.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  08:39:38 AM  Show Profile
Nicole,
Like you I'm reading and embroidering a dish towel. Also cleaning everything in site, even if it doesn't need it.Getting out the summer clothes, oh and got out my colored pencils and my pictures to color in.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 09 2020 :  2:48:41 PM  Show Profile
OK, Nicole,, You and I need a 'virtual' camp out!!! lol! well actually I will have to wait another week or 2 before I can pull the trailers out of the barn,, but when I do,, I will tag you.. because of Social Distancing, we can't go camping,, but we certainly can pretend in our back yards.. besides,, I think PIP want's to camp! lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2020 :  11:14:27 AM  Show Profile
Nicole, I was thinking about your daughter just the other day and thinking how disappointed she must be that all the senior fun won't happen. Hopefully, college graduation will be able to make up for this disappointment. Maybe her hight school will try and plan some virtual event for calling the names of the graduates and including a proper message. It seems like if churches can do Easter Sunday online, your school can do something for these young people who are passing a milestone in their life.

What am I doing?? Signing up for swaps at MJF and having a blast, catching up on my basket of books waiting for attention, and taking a good long walk everyday around the neighborhood too take in the fresh air and get myself moving at a good pace. I find it really helps my peace of mind.

Hey Grace, I think a virtual clamping weekend would be really fun and the rest of us FArmgirls could drop by for a brief visit!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Apr 10 2020 :  12:35:11 PM  Show Profile
I am so sorry your daughter has missed out on all the senior activities. Hopefully the schools will give them an opportunity to have one at a later date.

As for us not much has changed. It really still just feels like everyday life. My hubby is still working ( his job has him working by himself) and I stay home with the kids anyway. The only day to day activities that have changed is preschool for my kids. They only went 2 days a week for 2 hours each day. So in the end life just feels the same. So I am a bit envious of everyone getting all their projects completed lol. My free time is gone now that they don’t have school! I am glad everyone else is getting so much done though!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

texdane

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2020 :  2:24:46 PM  Show Profile
Thank you all so very much for the kind words. I read them all to my daughter, and they did make her feel a bit better.

Nancy, I need to pull out my colored pencils, too. Thank you for the inspiration and reminder.

Grace I CAN”T WAIT! YES! Let’s do a virtual camp out! You tell me how and when and I will be in GIDGET with my FARMGIRLS virtually!!

It’s been over a month. I have painted my kitchen and painted my laundry room, cleaned, organized, and planted. If we do a camp out, it will give me something to look forward to!

Enjoy every minute with those littles, Krista!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155

Suburban Farmgirl Blog

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Apr 14 2020 :  6:53:53 PM  Show Profile
Nicole... ok, I will give you a 'hollar' soon as I get my trailers out of the Barn...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Getting stuff done Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page