nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  2:05:46 PM  Show Profile
Like I'm sure many of you do - I have plans to meet some farmgirl sisters in person one day. Can you believe my husband beat me to it?!?!?! This past week he was lucky enough to meet our wonderful sister Julie - treelady. What a lucky duck he is!!!

Thanks so much for meeting him Julie - and the goodies you sent home for me. You're the best!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  5:18:37 PM  Show Profile
It was a treat for me as well Heather. I am hoping the next time I hug some one in the Neeper family it will be you.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  05:00:55 AM  Show Profile
Heather, I resonate with your feelings too!! I would LOVE to meet any one of the wonderful Farmgirls that I only know through swaps and conversations here. I would love to meet you and Julie at your farms. You know when you read a book, you have a picture of what where the story is happening and what everything must look like? That is how I am with every Farmgirl that I have come to know. But I would love to see the real deal!!! The closest I have come to Julie was in 2014 when Hubby and I stood Amtrack from Milwaukee , WI to Glacier National Park. Montana. The route we traveled was beautiful endless farms and I imagined maybe Julie’s farm looked something like that. I really think about what and how a trip around the US would look like where I could meet all my Farmgirl friends.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  12:06:44 PM  Show Profile
That is always so wonderful! I have met a MJ and a few other farmgirls around the globe. Loved meeting Joey from Florida. We met years ago and still keep in touch.

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  6:03:35 PM  Show Profile
Nicole.. did you attend the Mary Jane gathering in Couer d' Alene Idaho, back around 2010?
I met so many MJF gals who traveled to Idaho,,, for a 4th of July Farm girl gathering.

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2991 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2991 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  1:12:55 PM  Show Profile
Winnie - your train trip sounds amazing! I have pictures of all the farmgirls in my head but they're almost always wrong LOL!! Julie was supposed to have long hair according to my picture. I don't have facebook so I really don't see to many pictures unless they're posted on here.

One day I'll get to meet a bunch of you all. It would be amazing to go to a farmgirl gathering!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  1:18:43 PM  Show Profile
I have met two of our Farmsisters in person. Pam Pederson/from Portland, OR and Also, Darlene Ricotta/from California. It was so much fun to
get to meet them in person. Just like you Heather...I have pictures in my head of some of them but since I have been a Farmgirl for 10 years
I have seen many of them in pictures. And even that helps link a face to a name. We should really do a picture post on MJF again...since we have
not done one in a few years.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Mar 24 2020 :  07:17:39 AM  Show Profile
Oh how fun Heather! I have only ever met one farm girl in all the years I've been here. She lived only a few miles from my parents so was able to meet up with her when we visited them in Florida. She is no longer on the forum but we keep in touch. My parents have since gone and she has moved but it is still wonderful to have met her and still keep in touch. Farm girls are the best and Winnie I think that sounds wonderful to take a trip visiting farm girls all along the way.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Can you believe it? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page