Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  11:39:21 AM  Show Profile

Yes, well with all the News one has to wonder. So here is what I'm doing. Oh I washed my hands, so that's good. Not going out much, we have lots of food and its a sunny day here.
Here are a few things I was doing today besides house work. Decided to use up a lot of my embroidery thread, so its going to be either a very large dollie, or a tablecloth or a shawl. How do you spell dollie? I have lots of books to read, right now its the Taylor Caldwell book, "This side OF Innocence". I like her books. I made cranberry muffins today.I also plan on redoing my recipe box. I can never find anything in it. All fine here at this time. And one day at a time!!
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2205 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2205 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  1:11:33 PM  Show Profile
Cute doily! I've been lazy today too. After church I watched The Forbidden Kingdom (love Jackie Chan martial arts movies!) and now we're going to see about getting wood for mason bee houses and some shrimp fried rice.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  1:35:11 PM  Show Profile
Since DH and I are both over 70 we have put ourselves into self-imposed house arrest. I have so many things I can do that Im sure I could keep busy for about 10 years and still have fabric left and weeds to pull. I am going to attempt to finish a big pile of UFOs first; some have been waiting for years. As soon as the weather calms down I will begin creating my rock garden with all the succulents I bought last week.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2680 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2680 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  2:02:06 PM  Show Profile
We're quiet here on our Oregon's high desert, We've had 3 confirmed cases here locally and schools are shut down as well as several other businesses, county and state offices, etc. Our grocery stores are quite bare - two evenings ago, the meat section in our large grocery store chain was bare, empty, no paper products to be found, frozen food section empty, and not a cold medicine to be found... we won't mention that 3 out of the 4 of us are actually sick with head colds and congestion like there's no tomorrow... I may have to pull out every hankie I have to share and wash and re wash and wash again as we only have a couple boxes of Kleenex left in the house and no option to purchase more at this time. Other than that, we have about 5/6 inches of snow on the ground so it's helpful in terms of just wanting to hunker down and snuggle up by the fire. So, we'll be pulling out the movies, our board games and doing some crafts to keep ourselves busy. I have a baby blanket I want to make for my new nephew, and some letters to write, I have a stack of new books I've been wanting to get to this last year or so, sooooo…. enough to keep busy in between naps and movies. Many stay well wishes being sent to all you gals - stay safe & stay well! XO

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  2:27:04 PM  Show Profile
Nancy looks like you have feathered your nest with all good things to keep you busy & happy.

I put myself on house arrest as Judith put it in Feb when two of the middle schools closed for a week because of the flu. I'm 78 & because of MS can't take the flu shots. So now I'm extending my time at home a little longer because of the virus.

Today I worked on a wool applique project and sewed yo-yos on a round dollie. Thanks Grace for that idea. For the last month & half I have piddled; worked in the yard on good days; and piddled some more. When we can read, work with our hands, and garden we can weather any storm or virus. Being connected to like minded positive women on MJF has helped a bunch to keep my spirits up.
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  5:08:10 PM  Show Profile
We are all good here! Nancy, looks like you have some great plans to keep busy. We are pretty much going along as normal unless something changes that. I have office work to keep me busy as well as feathering the nest by tidying and then when that runs out I have a quilt to work on. Always lots of crafts on hand.
Today we didn't not go to service as I am dealing with sinus/ allergies and wanted to be quiet and rest. Working on a puzzle this evening. I love puzzles and have a lot so I have plenty to keep me from getting bored with any one thing. Also crocheting baby blankets.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  6:26:16 PM  Show Profile
NancyJo,, yep, like you,, lots of things around the house that can keep me busy,, My DH likes to turn wood on his Lathe,, so he keeps busy..
I may not be stocked up on supplies but I certainly am stocked up on UFO's.. lolol!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4102 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4102 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  03:41:33 AM  Show Profile
all good in Wisconsin. We have plenty of supplies to make food, plenty to do, its sap season. Oh and calving season. First calving was twins. stay healthy everyone.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2862 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2862 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  07:56:09 AM  Show Profile
Wish I didn't have to work! Real estate appraiser so not in big crowds or office, but with the fed dropping the rate to almost zero, I imagine I an going to be swamped! I would prefer to stay home and putter like Sara!
I've been loading up on oregano oil/garlic/lemon juice. I smell like a pizza or Italian salad dressing
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6802 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6802 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  08:07:35 AM  Show Profile
Lisa looks like you are staying healthy while staying busy.

I went on line and checked out Aldi to see what was in or out of stock. I have my groceries delivered but going on line before shopping at any of the grocery stores would give you an idea of what's available. They're out of chicken thighs I get for Annie - hope it's back in stock later this week.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  08:12:45 AM  Show Profile
Lol, Lisa!
April, praying you and the family get better QUICKLY and stay well!
We are good here too, stocked and plenty to do outside in the garden and property! Our only problem is the yellow rain! ACHOO!!!
Congrats on the twins, Michelle!
Stay well and healthy everyone!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

texdane
Farmgirl Legend Chapter Leader Chapter Guru

4658 Posts

Nicole
Sandy Hook CT
USA
4658 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  12:07:28 PM  Show Profile
I hear ya. I am reading, crafting, sewing, and knitting!

Farmgirl Hugs,
Nicole
Farmgirl Sister #1155
Suburban Farmgirl Blogger
Chapter Leader, CT Simpler Life Sisters
Farmgirl of the Month, Jan. 2013

Suburban Farmgirl Blog
http://sfgblog.maryjanesfarm.org/

www.facebook.com/suburbanfarmgirlblogger
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic What do we do Now?? Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic