Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Spring and Easter Giveaway!! WINNER!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Spring and Easter Giveaway!! WINNER!! Next Topic
Page: of 3

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  11:16:51 AM  Show Profile
I know that many of your who live in the mid and northern parts of the US are still in the throws of winter weather, BUT are excited and itching for warmer days ahead. I read here at MJF about all sorts of garden plans, glamping hopes and dreams, and flowers. With the current Coronavirus containment strategies, many of us are more homebound for some possible weeks ahead. What could be better than a GIVEAWAY to put a little bit of fun in the works here at our virtual Farm?

So, if you would love to throw your hat into the basket, please join me.

Sign ups will be through March 27. I will announce a winner on March 28. Please check in on that day because if you win and I don't already have your mailing address, I will be emailing you a request for mailing information.

I hope to be stopping by your home in my favorite truck soon!!

I am excited to share that April, Dreamer 42 was selected as our winner today for the Spring and Easter Giveaway!! Congratulations April, and please send me your mailing information;

AND.................... I am very happy to share that Peter Rabbit came and told me that he consulted with the Easter Bunny about getting everyone who entered or showed interest in this giveaway a little surprise. When I asked him how he would be able to travel such huge distances, he told me the following. You see, Peter Rabbit knows Easter Bunny and Peter said Easter Bunny shared a doable plan. Easter Bunny has a number of contacts in the USPS who work the night shift. He said that Rabbits, by need to survive , have always practiced Social Distancing because of the many unfriendly species who consider rabbits as dinner!! The night USPS contacts are able to use day delivery trucks, not in use during the night, for their deliveries! That way, they are safe from Owls and coyotes on the prowl!! What a plan!!! Just for Farmgirls! Peter also said that Easter Bunny consulted with Mrs. Easter Bunny about what could be done and she spoke with her team and they came up with some little handmades just for a USPS easy and speedy delivery. They wanted to share a photo of them all working in their kitchen for upcoming Easter baskets and your little surprise;

I am emailing those of you whom I don't have a mailing address on file. Please send it ASAP so the USPS rabbits can get the information. If you do not receive an email from me, it is because I have already recorded it from a previous swap.

Also, if you wish to thank Easter Bunny and Peter Rabbit for their work, you can leave a few carrots on the front porch on the evening before Easter Sunday when Easter Bunny and his team will be criss crossing the US bringing Easter basket goodies to children. Easter Bunny will make sure that Peter Rabbit gets his fair share of the bounty the next day. Won't Farmer MaGregor be happy that Peter Rabbit won't need to be visiting his garden for a few days!! LOL!!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

Edited by - Red Tractor Girl on Mar 28 2020 07:28:46 AM

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  11:29:28 AM  Show Profile
Sign me up for a visit from the carrot farm truck - while everyone is hunting the Easter eggs I'll enjoy the chocolate bunnies LOL! What a fun idea Winnie. We had a dusting of snow last night. I usually love it, but I'm ready for spring.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701
September 2014 Farmgirl of the Month

"The purpose of life is to enjoy every moment" - Yogi teabag
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6747 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6747 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  11:35:18 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, sign me up for a visit from your favorite carrot farm truck too. Thanks for hosting such a sweet springy give-away.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  5:02:18 PM  Show Profile
Winnie,
How fun to overcome the winter blues and the Spring fever itch!
Please throw my name in and thank you for the chance for some Springtime fun!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  6:16:26 PM  Show Profile
Yeppers,,, sign me up!!!
I need Chocolate,, and a side of carrots so I can say I snack healthy! lol!

In the mean time, I will continue to play in my sewing room, only coming out to 'powder my nose' and make another pot of tea!

Have a Hoppy Hoppy week...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2280 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2280 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  6:36:09 PM  Show Profile
Winnie you are the best! I would love to put my name in that basket, spring is still a distant wish for me.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2656 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2656 Posts

Posted - Mar 15 2020 :  7:42:00 PM  Show Profile
Ahhhhhh, spring, what a beautiful thought! We have about six inches of snow and temps in the teens! No spring in sight here yet! But, the fever has sure hit! Please sign me up, thank you, Winnie!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  05:44:32 AM  Show Profile
Welcome everyone to Peter Rabbit’s Carrot Farm Giveaway chance here at MJF!!! I know all of you, who are still in the throws of Winter, are ready to MOVE ON TO BETTER WEATHER!! Down here in Florida, we have a much different climate and so we never go through the long months of cold and bad weather like many of you. Wouldn’t it be fun if I really did have a vintage green truck that I could take on the road and bring everyone who signs up a visit and surprise?? That would be so cool to do and I could load up the back of the truck with coolers of fresh veggies and fruits from our abundance down here. And of course LOTS OF CHOCOLATE BUNNIES! AND PEEPS! Does anyone besides me love Peeps?

Years ago, I had a work colleague who adored Peeps, so one day while she was off campus at a meeting, a friend and I took lots of packages of different Peeps and placed them everywhere! She was totally Peeeped!! What a wonderful laugh we all had when she returned to a office space literally full of every color and shape of EAster Peeps. Then we piled them all up on a tray and went around and everyone grabbed a Peep or two and we had a Peep party!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9090 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9090 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  06:17:08 AM  Show Profile
Hi Winnie
You can sign me up. So nice of you! Yes I know I'm looking forward to spring.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9204 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9204 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  06:36:11 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, Yes! I am a fellow peep lover!! I know they make different colors and thought someone said they are different flavors but I've never noticed flavors. My kids all get them for me and precious dears that they are they know I like them a bit on the stale side so they put a little slit in them so they are ready when I get them. LOL!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  06:48:37 AM  Show Profile
Please sign me up too, what a great strategy from all the depressing coronavirus news.

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

GailMN
True Blue Farmgirl

471 Posts

Gail
Hutchinson Minnesota
USA
471 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  06:58:55 AM  Show Profile  Send GailMN a Yahoo! Message
Oh yes, please sign me up. Thank you for some fun and anticipation amid all our country/world is experiencing. Blessings.

Farmgirl Sister #506
Aim high; shoot for the moon and if you miss it, grab a star.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  08:19:58 AM  Show Profile
Winnie, I am not signing up however you're the bomb!!
You know Spring has sprung here! Trees are budding everywhere, azaleas, forsythia, spireas. All bulbs have come up and gone! Now the pine trees and oaks are spitting yellow pollen everywhere!Spring is coming! Hang in there!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Mar 16 2020 :  1:44:13 PM  Show Profile
Winnie, please sign me up! My family has been dying for some warmer weather. With the virus going around Utah has basically started closing down. All schools have been canceled and so has my kids extra curricular activities. So for the next 3 week we have nowhere to go or be! We will be doing what we can here and hopefully heading outside to some warmer weather.

None of us like peeps, except my mom. She will freeze them and eat them. Yuck!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 17 2020 :  6:28:26 PM  Show Profile
I LUV Peeps.. my fav ones are the yellow chicks... I have even gone so far as to melt chocolate chips, and dip Peeps wee lil butts in the melted chocolate.... after all,, a Peep is yummy but a chocolate Peep is even yummier!
:>)

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 18 2020 :  05:52:35 AM  Show Profile
Chocolate dipped Peeps? Now that is a great idea I have never seen!! The thing I also love about the Peeps Company is that they make them for all seasons now! The white sprinkled peppermint stars at Christmas are perfect on hot chocolate. And I love the pumpkins and ghosts at Halloween! I can’t say which Peep I love the best .................so I am happy with any of them!! LOL!!! Grace, one time at work, we took paper plates, cut out the center so the plate fit on the head and just the rim was left. Then we attached Peeps all over the rims and added ribbons to tie under the chin.. We wore them around during the day. it was hilariously fun and a great morale booster for a few hours!!

Peeps changed the World with fun!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1744 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1744 Posts

Posted - Mar 19 2020 :  2:12:58 PM  Show Profile
Sign me up please. It sounds like great fun.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2020 :  06:02:49 AM  Show Profile
Welcome to all the latest Farmgirls who signed up!! I am happy that this bit of fun is gaining newcomers!! I love a little bit of fun and creating this giveaway has been fun for me already!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Mar 20 2020 :  09:52:49 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join. All is budding here. Lots of peach flowers and mulberries like crazy. Yum

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 22 2020 :  1:24:25 PM  Show Profile
I LOVE Peeps!!! I have not dipped them in chocolate (sounds wonderful!) but they do make great smores!!!!

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  06:34:54 AM  Show Profile
Ohhhh, s'mores with Peeps you say??????????? That is certainly something I could really get into! Hey, I have an idea about Peeps so take a look next time you are on this site for my new challenge!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

nndairy
True Blue Farmgirl

2972 Posts

Heather
Wapakoneta Ohio
USA
2972 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  08:54:03 AM  Show Profile
Just make sure you use the graham crackers to remove them from your roasting stick. My friend burned her hand pretty good from the hot sugar.

~Heather
Farmgirl Sister #4701

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16962 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16962 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  1:48:33 PM  Show Profile
here ya go,,,

saw this on " a cowboys wife' blog.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  1:54:05 PM  Show Profile
Gotta love the peeps! Sign me up because in Wyoming, spring is sooooo far away still.

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  4:25:04 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I love that bag of ready to go Peep S'mores!! That is just adorable with the multi-colored rabbits too. Geeze, it has been in the mid 80s here for over a week, so I am wondering if it would be cool enough to make s'mores here over a fire outside in our little fire pit. The issue of waiting until it is dark, the skeeters will be out in full force too!!!

Welcome Sherone! Be sure you get your Peeps ready for a Saturday party out there in the great state of Wyoming! Plus a fire in the evening will most likely feel really good if you don't already have one going in the fireplace indoors!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6395 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6395 Posts

Posted - Mar 23 2020 :  4:48:10 PM  Show Profile
Please sign me up too Winnie. Winter is still here and we have more snow coming this week.
I do hear the ocean calling my name, now if we can sell our home then we will be on our way to Oregon,
Thank you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado/Oregon
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”

Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Holidays: Previous Topic Spring and Easter Giveaway!! WINNER!! Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page