Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 March ATC Swap 2020. PARTNERS POSTED
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic March ATC Swap 2020. PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic
Page: of 3

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  7:47:22 PM  Show Profile
Never ever would I have imagined the turn of events taking place not only in our country but in our world! Lots of prayers going up for everyone! My Sarbear is out of school for 4 weeks and her allergies are reeking havoc on her sinuses. The pines are raining tons of yellow pollen into our pond. But I've been keeping her busy inside helping me out painting, choosing names for the swap, in home school assignments, etc. A whole month tho? Next, shes going to learn some sewing skills!! Take care everyone and stay healthy!!

Partners as posted. If you find for any reason you can not participate now please send me an email ok? Check with your partners to exchange addresses and please have fun creating your ATC! I'll be posting April's ATC in just a few days. Something a little different this time. :)

TOP O' THE DAY TO YOU!! Are you feeling lucky? I see a lot of green this month, not only in my yard but throughout the various media sites touting GO GREEN! We are becoming more conscious and aware of our world and the destructive ways in which many live. I like the changes for the better! How about you? I favor March because it's the month I plant seeds and put them in the greenhouse patiently watching to see their spindly little bodies peeking through the dirt. The first day of spring is March 19th! Yea!I like March because I am 43 percent Irish, Scottish and Wales, according to Ancestry DNA, my dad, brother and I are all three redheads but I did not get their blues eyes!! :) So, with all that jibberjabber said, I dub the March, Sir Green!! Anything goes as long as it is GREEN! ( so many ideas are swimming in my head!)

An ATC using cardstock along with any medium, sized 2 1/2 X 3 1/2.

Signups until.....yep, March 17th! Partners assigned the 18th and mail off by the 25th.

Have a blarney of a time creating your ATC!! Thanks for joining!

Artist trading cards (ATCs) are miniature pieces of art that are traded around the world. Artists create, trade and collect art at organized "swap" events, either in person or online. The only official rule for ATCs is the size: 2.5" x 3.5". Artist Trading Cards are the same format as modern trading cards (hockey cards or baseball cards). Alternately you may choose to use a round ATC Coin of 2.5" diameter. They are self-made unique works or small series, signed and dated on the reverse by the artist/producer, exchanged and collected by the people who participate in the collaborative performance.

Artist Trading Cards (ATCs) are a conceptual art project initiated by the Swiss artist M. Vanci Stirnemann. He called it a Collaborative Cultural Performance. In 1997 he created 1200 cards by hand as part of an exhibit. On the last day, he invited others to create their own cards and trade with him during the closing reception. The movement took off, and today, there are ATC swaps in almost every major city around the world!

You can make ATCs with many different media including paper, fabric, felt, metal, wood, clay, paint, stamps, embellishments and more. There are tons of ideas and inspiration available online if you google ATC or Artist Trading Cards.

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro

Edited by - suny58 on Mar 17 2020 10:48:44 AM

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  8:54:35 PM  Show Profile
You too Dianna!
Please count me in!

Thanks
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Just follow God unquestioningly.
Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  07:41:33 AM  Show Profile
Thanks again for joining Darlene!! Happy to have you!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  07:59:51 AM  Show Profile
Count me in too. And thanks for being a great hostess.

TexasGran
Let God's light shine through you every day.

Amazon Children's Books, look for my name:Marilyn Robinson Godfrey
Craftsy: patterns for farm stick animals under my name.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  08:05:19 AM  Show Profile
Yea Marilyn! Happy to have you joining in the fun!! Chuckle, thanks for being a great participant!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  10:13:57 AM  Show Profile
Hi everyone! I'm just popping in to say hello. I am not able to participate in the ATC swap this month but wanted to let you all know I have missed you and hope you are having lots of fun!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  3:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marilyn Edlund, miss you here.

Hugs
Darlene

Trust in your faith, not your emotions, when it comes to making life’s decisions.

I have learned that to have a good friend is the purest of all God's gifts, for it is a love that has no exchange of payment.
by Frances Farmer

Because you love Him so, for if you trust His judgment there is nothing you need to know.

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017

Edited by - darlenelovesart on Mar 05 2020 3:22:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  4:40:25 PM  Show Profile
Dearest Marilyn, YOU ARE missed also!!! We so look forward to you coming back when you can! Please take care and know you are in our thoughts and prayers!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  09:46:14 AM  Show Profile
One week to go for signups gals! See you soon!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  09:55:22 AM  Show Profile
I would love to join.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  11:12:08 AM  Show Profile
Hey Kelly!!! Ty for joining! Great to have you!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  4:24:58 PM  Show Profile
I just finished min, I really like it.

Hugs Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  5:09:58 PM  Show Profile
You are way ahead of me Darlene! I have not even started making mine. I guess I need to be inspired by Pinterest.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  5:21:36 PM  Show Profile
You are way ahead of me Darlene! I have not even started making mine. I guess I need to be inspired by Pinterest.

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  6:27:55 PM  Show Profile
Woohoo Darlene! WTG! Cant wait to see everyones ideas! I just love ypur creative minds so much! Always a surprise!
Marilyn, all I have is my idea. I have to finish painting the bathroom before I can art!! ;)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

TexasGran
True Blue Farmgirl

4919 Posts

Marilyn
Stephenville Texas
USA
4919 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  6:48:01 PM  Show Profile
Arting is more fun than painting the bathroom!

When I was about 22 we bought our first house. Of course lots of white paint was bought so I could paint my afternoons away. She was in college. Our little boy was almost three. When I got to the bathroom and finished painting the ceiling and walls stark white...I decided to Art! I had painted pretty flowers up the middle of the bathroom door, and was sitting in the empty tub painting all my cares away! Suddenly the door was opened and my husband's reaction was not at all what I expected.
He basically said we could not have flowers on the door or the wall...and when he returned it had better be white. I cried and cried as I cleaned up my mess and put more white paint on both surfaces.
Today we have off white paint in some rooms, a tan manly bedroom, and perhaps a grey bathroom in our future. He has mellowed out!

TexasGran

Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  6:56:47 PM  Show Profile
Oh Marilyn!!! That's sad! Like you I'd LOVE LOVE to go through the house and paint all kinds of beautiful things but like your man, mine prefers white, off white and tan ONLY!! HOWEVER, I did paint ONE tiny wall next to the fridge a gorgeous dark copper color! Hes gone 6 months of the year so I deserve a POP of color! Besides, I get by with 'arting' on canvas and then hang them throughout the house! Lol....you gotta work it subtly into the decor darlin!! :) I bet that door was the bomb tho!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna

Edited by - suny58 on Mar 10 2020 6:57:28 PM
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Mar 10 2020 :  8:11:05 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Dianna and Darlene!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
Go to Top of Page

Alise
True Blue Farmgirl

229 Posts

Alise
United States Minnesota
229 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  10:24:15 AM  Show Profile
Hi Dianna! Let’s try it again:)

Blessings to you on your life's journey.

Edited by - Alise on May 29 2023 2:09:12 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  12:43:49 PM  Show Profile
Sure thing Alise!! Love having you join! No worries about mail system, their fault not yours hon!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

Beth G.
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Beth
Attleboro Massachusetts
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  5:33:03 PM  Show Profile
Hello all! I have just joined and this ATC project is EXACTLY the kind of thing I was hoping for when I joined the group.

Please sign me up for this, Dianna. I'm excited to get started!

Be well,
Beth
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  5:37:42 PM  Show Profile
Hi Beth!!! How awesome that the first thing you'd join is our little ATC group! So happy to have you and a huge welcome to MaryJane farm sisterhood!! I'm sure you'll love it and much to contribute!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna

Edited by - suny58 on Mar 12 2020 5:38:18 PM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  5:39:31 PM  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by suny58

Hi Beth!!! How awesome that the first thing you'd join is our little ATC group! So happy to have you and a huge welcome to MaryJane farm sisterhood!! I'm sure you'll love it, learn a lot, make great friends and have much to contribute!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 12 2020 :  5:40:54 PM  Show Profile
Welcome Beth! Lots of fun here!

Hugs
Darlene

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page

Beth G.
Farmgirl in Training

10 Posts

Beth
Attleboro Massachusetts
USA
10 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  3:51:28 PM  Show Profile
Thanks for the warm welcome. Glad to be here.:)
Go to Top of Page

darlenelovesart
True Blue Farmgirl

7501 Posts

darlene
Loleta California
USA
7501 Posts

Posted - Mar 13 2020 :  4:40:29 PM  Show Profile
Have fun making your ATC!

by Frances Farmer

I trust in you Jesus...
FGOTM Nov 2017
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic March ATC Swap 2020. PARTNERS POSTED Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page