Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 For my Four Grand daughters
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic For my Four Grand daughters Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  08:52:38 AM  Show Profile

Well not anymore, they are all grown up now, 24,20,18,18. The two youngest are 9 days apart. Anyway this is in the family room in the basement. This is a really long room. The other end is my sewing stuff and shelves with a lot of things on that I'm pretty sure I don't really need but look nice. So I keep some of the things they used to play with , I have lots of books and dolls and well I could go and on on, stored in the attic. Maybe I'll have some great Grand daughters someday.
Looks like winter is about over, looking forward to those warm summer winds. Sounds like a song.
Been reading a lot of Taylor Caldwell books. And been cleaning out every drawer and cupboard, and closet. Seem to have a big burst of energy, so better keep going while I have it.
Be happy.
Nancy Jo

NANCY JO

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9269 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9269 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  10:06:24 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, those are adorable treasures! Sounds like you have a touch of Spring fever. JT and I just finished putting new linoleum in the kitchen. One more big project to go and I'm hoping we can complete it soon.

I have been doing some cleaning/purging as I go along on. We haven't had any snow this year so I have had Spring fever for a while now. If we aren't having snow then I don't like the cold weather! LOL!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  11:01:01 AM  Show Profile
Nancy Jo...you seem to have a Glorious Home full of Keepsakes and Treasures. Living in an Apartment I had to downsize mine...but believe me ...when I say If you walked
into our Apartment, you would think she downsized...I don't believe it!! LOL. I love my treasures too...but I just have less of them since we went to Apartment living.

~ I just Facetimed my Grandkids as My Youngest Savannah Grace is running a 104.4 temperature. With the Coronavirus here in WA State mommy will be taking her to the Dr.
at 2:00. Elijah couldn't go to school today because of Savannah being sick. So, please say a prayer for Savannah, Elijah, and Mommy and Daddy. Thanks Girls!!

Denise...I have Spring Fever too but every couple of days (like today it is Sunny and warmer. I may get a walk in later today! I have been cleaning and purging too!! Feels Good
to get things put back in order! I am doing no huge projects like you guys are doing but non the less...it is always refreshing to dismantle the clutter and the dust and
get rid of stuff.

Love, Hugs and Spring Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6771 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6771 Posts

Posted - Mar 04 2020 :  4:04:30 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I love your little tea party set up. I can only imagine how much fun your grand girls had with it. I still have mine from when I was little and plan to give it to Everleigh when she is older.

Peggy, I hope your granddaughter is ok. And will get feedback better soon. Sending many hugs to your family.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17077 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17077 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  6:57:34 PM  Show Profile
That is sooo sweet Nancy jo.. What's not to love about tiny tea sets..

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Mar 05 2020 :  7:11:58 PM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Lovely. I love the corner shelf too. Never to early for tea! Do the girls remember the tea parties?

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6534 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6534 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  06:35:31 AM  Show Profile
Nancy, what an adorable collection of playthings for children!! No doubt your children and hopefully your grandchildren will enjoy this basement corner in the years to come! Every child loves a play corner with toys that are different from what they have at home and in the meantime, you can enjoy the memories they represent every time you pass by!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  8:45:57 PM  Show Profile
Awww... Nancy! That brings tears to my eyes! How wonderful! YOU are such a treasure! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Mar 07 2020 :  2:33:22 PM  Show Profile
Yes the girls are all grown up now, but they all live close and still go down and look at all their past toys.

NANCY JO
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic For my Four Grand daughters Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page