katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  5:05:40 PM  Show Profile
Come on Spring,,, I am ready to hit the trail!
Hubby and I went out into the motorhome today, started it up, checked the batteries and generator..
We even stocked it up on T.P. and toilet chems.. Oh, we are sooo ready...
But alas,, it is still bloody cold here in Eastern Washington..
Come on Spring!!!

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Feb 15 2020 :  6:15:21 PM  Show Profile
Grace---spring is coming so soon that it scares me---but yet I am so ready---to clean and to camp and to garden. Coming so soon girl---so relax and enjoy your last winter days of rest. But winter rest is turning into winter boredom and dark dreary days for me. But still the winter protects me from the summer work load----LOL. The lesser of two evils for me.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  7:16:21 PM  Show Profile
HG56,,, isn't it funny how, 1/2 through Winter we wish it were Summer,,, and then 1/2 through Summer we wish it were Winter!!! lol!
This is the time I start to get antsy for warm sunny weather... to get into mischief... and then usually around late Aug,, I am looking forward to the cooler days of Winter so I don't have so much yard work!!
Are we ever satisfied????

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Feb 16 2020 7:16:41 PM
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  07:14:51 AM  Show Profile
You two need to come down to Florida right now because Spring has sprung! We get days near 80 , then it rains and temps drop to mid 50s and then work back up to 80. If you go further south, however, there is less drop in temps and camping and outdoor living is much easier. However, we are supposed to have today-Wed. up to 80 degrees before rains and a temp on Friday of 59.

You all know me well. My birthday is July 7 and on July 8. I am officially DONE WITH SUMMER and start dreaming of Fall, Apple season, and cooler nights with sweatshirts!! LOL!! I get very vocal about it here at MJF and anywhere else someone will listen or maybe agree. LOL!! Each January, I tell myself that I am going to roll with the weather patterns and stop complaining about what is happening at present. But....................come July 8, it seems like a switch goes off in my brain, and I return to my old patterns. Too bad there isn't a place on Earth where it is always Fall, which is my favorite of all the seasons!! Hehehe, I have a bag of Pumpkin Spice Coffee in my freezer from this past Fall to kick off July 8th!! LOL!! I am incorrigible@@!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  2:07:49 PM  Show Profile
First,, Winnie,, be careful about inviting us North West gals down to your neck-o-the woods.. we just might take you up on in!! LOLOLOL!

Second,, you aren't alone,, I fuss about the weather all the time... lol!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  05:59:32 AM  Show Profile
Well, wouldn’t you know that as soon as I am bragging about our good weather, the Jet Stream is shifting all all that Arctic cold air is blowing down our way for the next two weeks!!! Yesterday was in the mid 70s and today is in the mid 50s and freezing tonight! Say what?? February is being a traitor to us down here and threatening to kill off all of our blooming trees and flowers. UGH! That being said, there will be a few days in the 70s mixed in , according to weather predictions, so overall it might now be too chilling compared to what some of you are getting out there in the NW. And...............we DO have heat down here so if it gets chilly, we do inside stuff just like you do. The difference between us and you is that we are more likely to have bright sunny days even when it is chilly. Either way, I would Love it if any of our NW MJF Farmgirls could come way over here in Florida!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  1:52:59 PM  Show Profile
Lucky you,,, you get a lot more Tank tops and Flip flops weather!!! (not that I wear tank tops much...not a flattering look on me,,lolol!)

Sun was shining for a bit,, and we take what ever we can get...
2012 is our year to Hit the trails across the US.. fingers crossed nothing stops us...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  3:17:05 PM  Show Profile
I so agree with you Grace! It so cold this winter. We have been blow freezing lately and I don’t like it. It was only 11 degree yesterday when I took my boys to school and all I could think about was how much I wanted summer. I’m so ready to be outside more.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 21 2020 :  9:21:45 PM  Show Profile
ok Winnie,, Krista and I are coming to your house for some warm weather!!! lolol!
Stock up on Sunscreen lotion for us pasty gals! haha!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  05:58:19 AM  Show Profile
You Girls just come along and leave the sunscreen availability to me! Grace, I am not one for tank tops either since my age, ahem, has shifted the way my weight is distributed and my skin now shows all those “blemishes”that come from the sun damage I inflicted on myself when I was young and ever seeking a tan to look cool!! LOL!!

Flip -flops are worn here by lots of people even when we have cold spells! How they stand it, I don’t know but I think they probably got used to it years ago and gave up wearing regular shoes. Here in Florida, especially in the South, people like casual beach wear all year long and their closets contain flip flops for all occasions.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Feb 24 2020 :  2:04:11 PM  Show Profile
Flip flops.. gotta love 'em.. I have even sewn rows of yoyos on mine to make them cuter... lol!

I have a few Tommy Bahama blouses in my closet,, just because... I luv them!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

HealingTouch
True Blue Farmgirl

3448 Posts

Darlene
Kunkletown Pa
USA
3448 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  09:12:40 AM  Show Profile  Send HealingTouch a Yahoo! Message
Don't hate me but I love winter and a good snow me in snow storm. We didn't get one this year! Boo Hoo! However, yesterday the weather was beautiful and I was a Lumber Jill! My husband and I loaded 3 truck loads of wood. Not bad for a not so young Jill! LoL! It really felt so good to be out in the sun and working outside.Made me want to start digging in the dirt! Instead, since the ground is frozen, I hung Easter eggs along my fence. Now, starting tomorrow night we're supposed to be below freezing for a few days. Fickle weather. Hope there's no wind so my eggs don't blow away!

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing,
Darlene
Sister 1922
October 2016 Farmgirl of the month

John 11: 35 Jesus wept.

When Satan's knocking at your door, just say "Jesus will you get that for me?"

When it gets to hard to stand, Kneel!

Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  7:00:51 PM  Show Profile
Tonight it was in the 50s and I heard frogs peeping down in the holler. The cold fronts are north of us, but you never know what type of weather we'll get - probably rain.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier
Go to Top of Page

nubidane
True Blue Farmgirl

2862 Posts

Lisa
Georgetown OH
2862 Posts

Posted - Feb 25 2020 :  7:34:27 PM  Show Profile
Vanessa, close to you, and we've had the peepers for 2 nights.
They might hide tomorrow might though, cold and snow.
I wish we would get more than a dusting. Winter has been so ugly here
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Mar 06 2020 :  9:37:32 PM  Show Profile
We have been smelling stink bugs for the past two days. None have surfaced, but the familiar smell is also one of those Unhappy harbingers of spring! It's on it's way Gracie - hang tight! I'm going to try to get out to the garden and plant some beet and spinach seeds this weekend! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page
  Outpost: Previous Topic Come on Spring!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page