Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Never Know When You'll Meet a Farm Girl at Heart
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Never Know When You'll Meet a Farm Girl at Heart Next Topic  

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2020 :  08:39:56 AM  Show Profile
I have my groceries delivered and never know who the shopper is until I see their name on-line. Today it was a young woman who hadn't delivered before. She noticed my shelves of dried and canned foods. She also cans - mostly pickles. I gave her my e-mail address so we can chat about canning and drying. She wants to know about drying.

I'm always interested in talking with others who can or dry especially young people. They're our hope of keeping the "old ways" alive.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6525 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6525 Posts

Posted - Feb 13 2020 :  11:54:24 AM  Show Profile
Sara, this is a very cool story you shared!! I love it that you are open and excited to sharing your knowledge about canning and drying herbs with a younger person. You will have to keep us posted on whether she stays connected and continues to share. You are right in helping to keep the "old Ways" still relevant and important to the younger generation!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 14 2020 :  06:50:39 AM  Show Profile
Winnie I may or may not hear from her but I have sparked an interest in her on learning about drying herbs and vegetables. She recognized the creeping rosemary growing along my sidewalk to front porch so she knows something about herbs.

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17024 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17024 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  7:12:32 PM  Show Profile
Sara,, yes,,, it's good to 'spark an interest'.. ya just never know what that spark can do for someone...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 16 2020 :  11:51:59 PM  Show Profile
Grace, you ever wonder how we touch someone even though we may never know it. Makes you want to be on your good behavior - don't it. I like to think we FarmGirls have a lot to pass on and share with others.

Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  12:08:04 AM  Show Profile
Sara...your story reminded me of having my Apartment worked on for the last 3 weeks...the people up-stairs had a water leak and they shared it with me!! LOL
Anyway, the crew that came in to fix the problems were a bunch of Christian guys and so I was very blessed to be able to talk Jesus with them. Every time one
group left they would share something encouraging. Like Thursday the painter said...Okay, the carpet guy comes Monday and then everything should be done...
I just want you to know that you were really Wonderful! The main boss and I talked Jesus for about a half an hour one day. And all the rest of the next two weeks
every time he checked in with me...he said Peggy, you are our #1 priority and I told all my guys that too. I guess because we had that common bond of
Jesus; just like you and this delivery person had a common bond of canned and dried foods. And you can teach and encourage a part of the younger generation
to keep those Traditions going. Way to Go Farm Sister!!!

Hugs and Blessings,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Feb 17 2020 12:10:22 AM
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6811 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6811 Posts

Posted - Feb 17 2020 :  06:33:25 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Peggy for sharing your story with us. It is so good when Christians meet up and for a short season can visit.

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Never Know When You'll Meet a Farm Girl at Heart Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page