Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Farmgirl Sisterhood
 Merit Badge Chit Chat
 Through the looking Glass expert level
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Through the looking Glass expert level Next Topic  

Loretta
Farmgirl in Training

16 Posts

Loretta
Hainesport New Jersey
USA
16 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  5:05:14 PM  Show Profile
as part of the this badge requires i went to a great artsy class that featured young artists. It was great to see there work and then have them "try" to teach us. (Six women in our 50s).
After getting us set up and explaining flux,400 degree sodering tool ,glass cutting,patterns,copper foil and glass cutting tool. We were off and running.
First you make a pattern on paper, next you choose the colors of glass.now lay the piece of glass on one section of your pattern and score it then PoP it(not so easy, wear gloves)we used a nail file to smooth out the sharp edges. continue until you have all of your pieces.Take a break. Now flux all edges and put copper tape on and rub in.now lay glass where you want it and soder away. this was very satisfying. it was fun but a little difficult. I will definatly do it again. in the end we had a 6 inch hexigon with 5 colors.

debbieklann
Sharpshooter/Schoolmarm

763 Posts

Debbie
Madras OR
USA
763 Posts

Posted - Feb 06 2020 :  5:31:26 PM  Show Profile
Loretta, this sounds like so much fun! I wish we had a class like this offered in our area. I love stained glass. Now you can make any design that you would like!

Debbie Klann
Farmgirl Sister #770
2018 Farmgirl of the Year

"Well behaved women seldom make history"....Laurel Thatcher Ulrich
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Feb 07 2020 :  1:20:45 PM  Show Profile
Loretta, what a fun outing for you and some friends! I bet your little stained glass is super cute! That class sounds like fun. I would like to try something like that in the future. Great job on your expert level badge.

Krista
Go to Top of Page
  Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic Through the looking Glass expert level Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page