MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  1:50:43 PM  Show Profile
This morning as I was unloading our book boxes and putting them on shelves I realized I have a HUGE children's book problem! lol I have so many children's books and always finding myself buying more. Every book order that comes home with the kids, I order from. Each kid received 2 books each for Christmas from us and then my mom gave them each 2. 12 new books just for Christmas! I'm afraid one day my husband is going to set up an intervention for me! You can never have to many books. Right?? The top left cubby has 73 books itself.

Krista

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  2:43:25 PM  Show Profile
I am a bookaholic also Krista. I have books, books, and more books. We made our front living room into a library so there are pretty much just shelves and a couple chairs in there. I have loads of Little Golden books. My husband and both love checking out used book places and we always come home with more. Right now we are just over what the shelves in there hold so there are also books on shelves throughout the house. Can one have too many? I don't believe so.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  5:32:08 PM  Show Profile
Krista--yes these are a lot of books for kids, but I think that is WONDERFUL! Kids need to read and this is great. I love to see those books. I only had one or two books when I was little---as we were poor and my mom hated to read and she didn't understand. I think it made me a book hoarder---LOL. anyway my friend sent me a pillow that said "YES I DO NEED ALL THESE BOOKS'. She loves books too and all of us book lovers know---there are never too many. They are like old friends---always there when we need them. Give those kids their books---you are doing right.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Jan 08 2020 :  7:38:39 PM  Show Profile
Krista...that is Nothing. My Grandkids probably have twice if not 3 times more than those. You can never have too many books.
My son (the youngest) has that many that he saved from his childhood and his Great Aunt gave him 2 box fulls before she
died. So Between his two kids and himself...they could start their own Library! LOL. Don't worry about too many books until they
start taking over the garage too!

Love and Hugs,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

ddmashayekhi
True Blue Farmgirl

4715 Posts

Dawn
Naperville Illinois
USA
4715 Posts

Posted - Jan 09 2020 :  04:02:04 AM  Show Profile
We have finally had to put a slow stop to our book buying a few years ago. My youngest son is 16 now and I did box up all his favorite children's books before donating the rest to our local library. It is difficult not to buy a good book, but now I order them through my library and once done of course return them when they've been read. Enjoy your growing library, it is only going to get bigger!

Dawn in IL

"To appreciate the beauty of a snowflake it is necessary to stand out in the cold."
- Aristotle
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 10 2020 :  4:24:45 PM  Show Profile
I'm so glad you all agree! I know for sure our collection will continue to grow. My oldest is a huge book lover and asked for us to read to him all the time. He is now at the age where he "reads" to himself making the story up based off the pictures. His old school use to do a lending library. They brought home a new book each week to read and then took it back the next week. He really enjoyed that. The new school doesn't and he gets bummed about it. I need to find our closest library and take him to get one to make up for it. My other two will flip through the pages and see the pictures. I wish my adult book collection was bigger, but I have a bigger love for children's books. Plus I'm a little picky about what I read in adult books lol.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jan 11 2020 :  05:36:18 AM  Show Profile
Krista, I am with you and others here; books are a wonderful resource and treasure that children need and enjoy. When my girls were little we had lots of books and went regularly to the library for a sack full of new ones to read. Today, I have lots of books from over the years that I continue to enjoy as well as some of the books from our girls younger days.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 13 2020 :  12:15:47 PM  Show Profile
I found our new library and it's only 7 minutes away. The reviews state that it's a very small library, but I think that will work for us. I'm going to take my oldest on Friday when my husband is home to watch the other kids. We will have to get a new library card because we are no longer in the same county. Tilton is pretty excited and can't wait to pick out a new book.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2020 :  1:34:44 PM  Show Profile
Oh dear! Look what came home from preschool with my boys! I get so giddy and excited when I see these come home! If you need me I'll be looking through these pages marking all the books I want to get!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 27 2020 :  3:34:47 PM  Show Profile
I love, love children books! My kids had quite the collection, thank goodness one of my daughters became an elementary school teacher.

Jana

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 29 2020 :  1:40:32 PM  Show Profile
Jana, does she use a lot of her books in her class? When I taught preschool I use to take my own books to the school and read them to the kids. This way I always knew what books would go with our weekly theme and could provide them with a variety of books. I tried to make a difference for those kids.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  10:55:37 AM  Show Profile
Oh Krista,, I too taught Pre-school (3-5 y/o) for 10 years.
5 years in a private Christian school and 5 years with the Park and Rec district through the City of Thousand Oaks.
Then I went to (20yrs)work for the County in Corrections.. I had been bitten and spit at by pre-schoolers but never bit or spit at by an inmate!

As for your Library.. good thing we are not neighbors... or I would be bringing my 3 grands over every day after school to use your 'Library'...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Jan 30 2020 11:01:16 AM
Go to Top of Page

janamarieje
True Blue Farmgirl

1022 Posts

Jana
Southern California
USA
1022 Posts

Posted - Jan 30 2020 :  3:07:25 PM  Show Profile
Krista, my daughter has books in both her classroom and at home that she is constantly rotating through. When Emily first started teaching her collection was small and she would go to the library every other week and pick up quite a few for her students too. She quickly built her collection through Scholastic books, and I have gotten very good at repairing them as they start to show wear and tear.

Grace, what kind of work did you do for the County in Corrections?

Jana
MJF #7110

https://www.etsy.com/shop/cjhandcraftedstudio

Gardening is cheaper than therapy and you get tomatoes. ~Author Unknown
All I really need is love, but a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt! ~Charles Schulz
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jan 31 2020 :  1:29:41 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I can agree with that! Some toddlers are vicious! I had one who scratched my arm up pretty good. I only taught for 6 years and do contemplate occasionally about starting up my own preschool out of my house. It was such a rewarding experience. And I would love to have you and the grandkids over!

Jana, I want to say about 90% of my books have come from Scholastic. They are really good priced.

Krista

Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic My little library Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page