Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Little Machine Embroidery Work
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Little Machine Embroidery Work Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Nov 08 2019 :  8:41:57 PM  Show Profile
I played around with my embroidery machine..
made this little table topper..
I used a brown cotton and stitched with a shiny spicey/rust colored thread...

stitchings done...

ironed...

snipping the loose threads...

wish my camera took better photos..
any way,, I machine embroidered 4 different Country-Fall images...
It is for my daughter...
I am toying with making some Holiday themed ones for gifts...

I am seriously thinking about up-grading to a larger and newer machine... Both my Bernina and Brother machines are old and are only 4x4 design stitch areas... the Bernina is old school and requires 'reader cards' and the Brother can use the cards,, but can also be connected to my computer to access patterns.. but with the newer machines I can down load the designs onto a Thumb drive/memory stick and not have to be connected to my computer.
Giving it some serious thought...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2019 :  2:38:35 PM  Show Profile
Grace, I am so envious. I would love to have one of these someday. The list of things I would love to make is insane lol! I bet a Kelly green fabric with bright red yarn would made for a pretty Christmas one and a silver or white fabric with a blue yarn would make for a pretty winter theme. I think they would make great gifts.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4080 Posts

Posted - Nov 11 2019 :  4:23:56 PM  Show Profile
Nice work Grace. sooooooo, have a question. My husband wants to get an embroidery machine, to make name patches and company logo on shirts and hats. I tell him it would be cheaper to have someone do it. We did look at some brother machines, and wondering how you liked yours? Any thoughts or ideas we need to think about when looking at machines? Or helpful hints?

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2019 :  09:00:34 AM  Show Profile
Michele..go to you tube and check out 'jennifer Moore's Sewing Report... she hes several videos on the Brother PE800), which is what I bought.
my older Brother machine, which had served me well is a PE500. And is about 7-8 years old... and sews like a champ.
Also I can connect it to my computer and stitch up. Patterns I have down loaded from "embroidery designs.com"
That being said... it only does up to a 4x4 pattern ...
The machine I just got does up to 5x7"
I watched a video on embroidering caps... not my cup-o-tea!
But I do a lot of t-shirts.
The general rule of thumb is... use the right 'stableizer ' for your project and do a test sample.
There are a lot of affordable embroidery machines. I just happen to be a "Brother" fan... ever since I got my 1st sewing machine ... a raspberry pink entery level machine. In 1971.
I sewed the wheels off that machine!

Go look at machines and let the sales clerks show you how they work... but Don't Buy one.. go home and think about it, maybe look at a few youtubes on a machine you are interested in,.. There are so many brands and levels of machines, just as there are so many different sewers with different levels of sewing skills.
I sm not to computer skilled, and some of those machines are very technical! If a clerk say's " it's easy, don't worry about it... " and goes through the 'things' you can do,, quite fast,,my advice... walk away. You'll just get over whelmed.
Many shops offer free classes with the purchase of a machine but the more I asked... I discovered... the free classes are at their conveinant time, not yours and most often you have to sign up,,plus most 'free classes' are not one-on-one..

So, do your self a favor,, research, youtube and don't buy on impulse, but for your skill level and what you need,,, you can always sell a machine and buy up,, but if you buy the 'Royles Royce' of machine,, they are a lot harder to re-sale.

Oh, and check out different shops,, some will offer group introductory classes,, so you can sit and sew on a machine,, but again,, don 't get pressured into a machine.. I took one through "Joanns Fabrics-Viking" it was $25 for the 2hour class plus it included snacks and drinks,, By the end of the class I was sooo confused,, I decided I didn't want a Hasq/Viking machine at all..
I then checked out Pfaff, Bernina and BabyLoc.. and still wsas not comfortable,, and I didn't want a combination sewing & embroidery machine... so it get's back to buying what you are most comfortable with.

ok,, have fun...hopefully I didn't scare you off..

fyi.. there are on-line digitizing companies that will for a fee, help you create a Logo that you can import into your machine and save.. ex: "Michele's Merry Muffins" and a muffin design under it...

>^..^<

Edited by - katmom on Nov 15 2019 10:16:06 PM
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2019 :  09:25:15 AM  Show Profile
here is the machine,, fresh out of the box.. I bought it on Amazon.. best price and free shipping.

luv the color screen and the ability to manipulate the designs and combine designs with out having to re-hoop.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2106 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2106 Posts

Posted - Nov 14 2019 :  12:58:14 PM  Show Profile
Don't you just love Amazon! Have fun with your new toy.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6593 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6593 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2019 :  2:34:49 PM  Show Profile
How exciting Grace! You will have so much fun with your new toy! I can't wait to see what you make first.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6475 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6475 Posts

Posted - Nov 17 2019 :  12:17:22 PM  Show Profile
Grace, your new machine sounds like it is going to give you lots of new possibilities with your sewing projects!! Keep us posted on what you try out and how you like it and enjoy,

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4080 Posts

Posted - Nov 18 2019 :  03:03:44 AM  Show Profile
Thanks Grace for all the knowledgeable info. Enjoy your new machine!! We stopped at a fabric store last week and he found a big one. Used with all the bells and whistles. We will see what happens.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2019 :  6:07:11 PM  Show Profile
I am taking a break,, well 3 days off from working on my mom's family-history photo album..
Besides,, I need to go buy another photo album and extra page refills..
I haven't even started on the album for my daughter and niece.. I swear, I am up to my eyeballs in photos!

So,,, maybe tomorrow I will get to play with my new machine...
I downloaded all my designs on several memory sticks so I can just pop it in the machines USB port and stitch away,

Michele,, let us know when you get a embroidery machine.. you'll have a blast!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

16931 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
16931 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2019 :  6:11:40 PM  Show Profile

stitchin' a lil Ginger..

and a cute Red Work scene...

and...

Hmmm,,, maybe I should celebrate a very happy crafty Holiday...

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2106 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2106 Posts

Posted - Nov 23 2019 :  8:11:20 PM  Show Profile
Looks like you are accomplishing a lot for taking a break :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9185 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9185 Posts

Posted - Nov 24 2019 :  09:10:33 AM  Show Profile
Grace, I see you are enjoying your new machine. Those are great patterns. Enjoy your break!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4080 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4080 Posts

Posted - Nov 25 2019 :  02:27:28 AM  Show Profile
wow amazing what a sewing machine can do now adays. Have fun playing with it Grace.

Farming in WI

Michele
FGOTM June2019

Go to Top of Page

OneRedZinnia
True Blue Farmgirl

529 Posts

Debbie
Goodrich Texas
USA
529 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  8:40:30 PM  Show Profile
Oh Grace!! Just came across this topic! I got into machine embroidery a year ago!! I bought the PE800 (from Amazon) and loved it but soon outgrew the hoop size! I wanted to see if I was really into machine embroidery and I fell in love with this craft! My sweet hubby was in agreement for me to upgrade! I love my Brother machines. I was blessed with the Brother Stellaire! I am still learning lots about machine embroidery and am enjoying it so much! I am working on some panels to go in an old antique window that I am going to hang from a chain on my wall.

~ Deb aka OneRedZinnia ~
Farmgirl Sister #5585
June 2018 Farmgirl of the Month

“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the one who takes refuge in him.” Psalm 34:8
Go to Top of Page

Ninibini
True Blue Farmgirl

7577 Posts

Nini
Pennsylvania
USA
7577 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  10:03:53 PM  Show Profile
All I can think is Amazing Grace! You always create such wonderful things! Hugs - Nini

Farmgirl Sister #1974

God gave us two hands... one to help ourselves, and one to help others!

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2106 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2106 Posts

Posted - Jan 14 2020 :  11:40:38 PM  Show Profile
Love the detailed little table cloth.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Little Machine Embroidery Work Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page