Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Across the Fence
 Tasha Tudor, Perfect Farmgirl.
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tasha Tudor, Perfect Farmgirl. Next Topic  

Nancy Gartenman
True Blue Farmgirl

9092 Posts

Nancy
West Seneca New York
USA
9092 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  06:09:26 AM  Show Profile

I got out my Tasha books yesterday. I love looking at them. The one top left and the one bottom right are my favorites. The bottom one is written by her daughter, and it has lots of pictures of Tasha as a little girl and later As a young Mother and her four Children and the house they lived in at that time.
You can get a lot more info if you google her. pinterest has lots of really nice pictures, I think that site was my favorite. Lots of her art work. I printed some of the pictures. I also got all the Tasha books used. So cost a whole lot less.

NANCY JO

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  06:41:46 AM  Show Profile
Nancy I agree she is the perfect FarmGirl. I have 4 of her books and like you I look through them from time to time. The other day I made meat balls using her recipe with a few additions of my own. It was very good so will make it again.

In one of her books she talks about layering with her red flannel petticoat. I want one to wear when I am canning in my Yellow Rose Cottage on a cold winter morning.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  06:51:32 AM  Show Profile
Oh how I love Tasha Tudor, I have almost all her books!
She was a Beautiful person as well as artist. She is missed!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  07:36:12 AM  Show Profile
Oh my, I've never heard of her! I feel like a cave girl! I need to research her and find a book or two. I'm sorry I've never heard of her but excited to hear about her Nancy, thank you!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6809 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6809 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  07:41:36 AM  Show Profile
Diana don't feel bad. I hadn't heard of her either until a couple of years ago when she was mentioned here on MJF. So happy you will now have a chance to be introduced to her. I bought my books on Amazon Prime and they were used but all in very good condition.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6447 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6447 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  08:37:24 AM  Show Profile
You will love her books as an artist., she is fabulous too.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6521 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6521 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  12:53:28 PM  Show Profile
Count me on as a Tasha Tudor devotee as well!! I have a few of her books, which I love, and read her sweet stories to my children when they were little. She as indeed a Farmgirl by choice and was able to live in the style of many generations before her while raising her family. Her original home is open to visit for specific times in the Summer. I have been to her museum in Vermont, but would love to go back and visit her home.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9241 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9241 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  1:15:07 PM  Show Profile
I just love reading about Tasha Tudor. I had been dusting my bookshelves yesterday and pulled out her books. She was definitely a farm girl.
Would be fun to visit where she lived. I got a many of her books from Amazon. They are used but all in very nice condition.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

CountryBorn
True Blue Farmgirl

1545 Posts

Mary Jane
New York
USA
1545 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  3:04:43 PM  Show Profile
Nancy, I love Tasha Tudor so much. Have all her books I could could find. The love she had for her family, Corgi's and her kitties and her gardens was awesome. Her drawings and paintings are so lovely. I loved the philosophy she had about life and nature. I don't post much anymore but when I saw your post about her books I had to say how much her works mean to me.

Mary Jane

There can be no happiness if the things we believe in are different from the things we do. Freya Stark
Go to Top of Page

NatChap
True Blue Farmgirl

441 Posts

Natalie
Clarkesville GA
USA
441 Posts

Posted - Nov 03 2019 :  3:50:32 PM  Show Profile
Tasha Tudor is such an inspiration on so many levels. Her way of living is in my view perfect. Her gardens and animals as well as her crafting are what I also love personally. There is a little cabin/house in town, not far from the library, with a little cabin and a Tasha Tudor likeness in the garden. I should take a picture and post it soon.

Keep shining!
Natalie

"Ask what makes you come alive and go do it." ~Howard Thurman
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Nov 04 2019 :  1:59:54 PM  Show Profile
I Love Tasha Tudor...I have one of her books and I have bought off her Web Store (carried on by her family). She was one Amazing Farmgirl!!!

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2019 :  2:57:28 PM  Show Profile
I have never really heard about Tosha Tudor myself---but I think I saw a magazine article about her and thought she was cool. If she said that she would go straight back to the 1830's when she died then I read about her and liked her and them promply forgot about her---

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Nov 06 2019 :  3:02:22 PM  Show Profile
Anyway I hit the wrong button and wasn't finished---I think I will get some of her books. And if Tosha Tudor is the perfect farmgirl---then I am the totally imperfect farmgirl. Maybe I shall start a magazine called "Holler Living" and travel the hollers in WV and show our holler way of life---LOL. I live an old fashioned holler life and It's alright by me. Tosha Tudor on ladies and I will check her out. Sounds good to me.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

willowpatches
True Blue Farmgirl

69 Posts

Peggy
Erin Tn
69 Posts

Posted - Nov 15 2019 :  07:38:26 AM  Show Profile
Oh I love Tasha Tudor, shes my hero.

Sow seeds of kindness, reap a harvest of joy.
https://willowpatches.blogspot.com
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic Tasha Tudor, Perfect Farmgirl. Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page