Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Stitching & Crafting Room
 Today's little projects...
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Today's little projects... Next Topic  

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  6:57:12 PM  Show Profile
I had a bit of time to putter today so I made a mini, doll size pillow case (no photo)and a little blue pumpkin banner to hang outside...

I need to re-iron it.... but, I'll do that tomorrow...
(a little Thank you to Ashley aka Lady in Pearls... for the idea of the blue/teal pumpkin banner to let Trick-or-Treaters know that the sweet treats are Allery Nut/Gluten free.)

I also fiddled around with some scraps..

I tested gluing fabric on card stock,, might have to make some cute cards...
and... I fused a piece of fabric to some sparklie felt with WonderUnder fusible web... just because I wanted to see how it would look.

I should have been ironing my latest strip quilt.. but,, nahh,, I felt like puttering...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Edited by - katmom on Oct 05 2019 7:03:18 PM

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Oct 05 2019 :  7:04:55 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
Nice, Grace.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  1:41:08 PM  Show Profile
Grace, your banner turned out cute. What sort of treats do you plan on handing out?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  4:29:31 PM  Show Profile
Grace, cool things always happen when you putter around your sewing room! The blue pumpkin banner is very cute.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 07 2019 :  6:53:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanx,, I enjoyed making the blue pumpkin banner...
We live out on what is called the West Plains,, mostly farming land so neighbors are far apart.. and my 2 closest neighbors are older then I,, so we don't get trick-or-treaters,, but none the less I always by candy,, just in case,,, I do decorate a wee bit out front just cuz it's fun to see the decoration when I pull down into my drive...
My daughter brings the grand kiddos over for their goodie bags before they head over to the School/Park for the festivities.
Sometimes I miss the traditional suburban neighborhoods,, where I have an excuse to over spend on mini chocolate bars, knowing I get to eat the leftover ones!.. but I also enjoy not seeing my pumpkins smashed in the street the next day...
I spotted these rice krispie mini squares at Walmart,, I think I will buy a couple of boxes in the event we get a lil goblin or two,, the rest I will keep on hand for my grands when they come to visit.

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2019 :  10:34:45 AM  Show Profile
I'm sorry to hear about your pumpkins in the past. I have been lucky enough to not have that happen. In fact the only time we had vandalism was when I lived home and someone took a knife and cut all our outside blow up Christmas decorations. It was very heartbreaking. Especially for Christmas time. With me being pregnant for so many falls in a row I didn't do many outside decorations, but this year I already have my Halloween decorations up. I think some spider webs is all I need left, but I'm going to wait tell closer so the wind doesn't blow them away. I hope you get a couple trick or treaters this year!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Oct 09 2019 :  11:57:50 PM  Show Profile
Krista... I know we will get 3... my favorite 3! Hee heehee!

>^..^<

Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Today's little projects... Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page