loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2019 :  6:08:52 PM  Show Profile
I have been watching some very scary movies lately. My sister and I just went to see the second part of "IT". Believe me, it was scary. This time of year makes me want to get a good scare going. I watch my favorite ones every year and check out the new ones. My favorite is "Hocus Pocus". What about all of you? Any scary movie watchers out there?

Lori Beck

YellowRose
True Blue Farmgirl

6797 Posts

Sara
Paris TX
USA
6797 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2019 :  7:20:16 PM  Show Profile
Lori I'm a long time fan of scary movies but prefer the oldies to the slasher flicks. Give me Boris Karloff as the Mummy, Lon Chaney Jr as the Wolfman, and Bela Lugosi as Dracula any day. In Oct TCM runs the old horror films and I do my best to watch each and everyone.

I read "It" when the novel first came out and liked it a lot.

Sara~~~ FarmGirl Sister #6034 8/25/14
FarmGirl of the Month Sept 2015. & Feb 2019

Lord put your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth.

Go to Top of Page

sherone_13
True Blue Farmgirl

2460 Posts

Sherone
Evanston WY
USA
2460 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  07:01:28 AM  Show Profile
Ummmmm....I've had a lifelong fear of clowns. Just the word IT scares me. However, I say enjoy if you like them!

Sherone

Farmgirl Sister #93
My Blog

www.annapearlshomestead.wordpress.com

The Gourmet Cupboard

http://www.thegourmetcupboard.com/sites/sheronetaylor8622

Avon

www.youravon.com/sheronetaylor

Women are angels. When someone breaks our wings, we just jump on our broomsticks and fly! We are flexible that way!
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9237 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9237 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  10:45:55 AM  Show Profile
Sara, I'm with you I prefer the older ones to the stuff that out now. I like Hocus Pocus though and my daughter just loves that one. So do her kids.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  11:44:11 AM  Show Profile
Oh yes -- the older ones. I think The Body Snatchers was my all time favorite. I don't care for the new ones either; too much blood and gore.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6685 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6685 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  1:45:35 PM  Show Profile
I like scary movies, but the older I get the more I have avoided watching them. I saw IT when I was young and it terrified me. I couldn't even look at a picture of him without freaking out. It's only been since the new IT came out that I have been able to look at him. He is not as scary as the old one. My mom tells me that I need to watch it again and maybe it will help me overcome my fear. Not sure I can do it though. But I do like older scary movies such as Rose Red, The Shinnng ( the original one), and The Haunting( the one with Liam Neeson). And of course Halloween movies like Hocus Pocus, Halloweentown, and The Nightmare Before Christmas!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2133 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2133 Posts

Posted - Sep 23 2019 :  1:56:56 PM  Show Profile
I liked the scary movies when I was young, back when dinosaurs roamed the earth, but as the movies changed, so did my interest in them. I'm not fond of clowns and when the book IT are out I read about half of it before giving up. Most movies are totally different than they used to be -- more graphic sex, violence, and language. I don't need it. I like TCM.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 26 2019 :  6:33:42 PM  Show Profile
I like the classic scary movies, too. I watch Halloweentown every year. When the original IT came out I watched it. When this new one came out I wanted to see if it was anything like the original. I would have to say that I liked the original one better. I love to see what new ones are coming out. My sister and I like to go the theater to watch them together. We get a popcorn and a pop and enjoy the movie.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

Krissel
True Blue Farmgirl

251 Posts

Vicki
Sebring FLORIDA
USA
251 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2019 :  05:55:21 AM  Show Profile  Send Krissel a Yahoo! Message
I'm not a scary movie fan but have been desensitized by mr DH he called them love stories when we first started out because it caused me to be clingy and need protection when we would watch them! Lol! So love stories have been on our menu for 20 years now and I'm a fan of American Horrors and anything Steaven King. Looking forward to seeing the new it with my beloved there to hold my hand.

Farmgirl#7588 Fishgirl Farm Chapter member.
Laughter makes the heart strong!
Go to Top of Page

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2019 :  02:28:16 AM  Show Profile
Ladies---I truly do HATE scary movies. I will NOT watch any thing to do with hauntings or devils because I feel that invites demons into your life. I can stomach vampires and such and my husband loves these so I act like I am watching. I like the comedy horror movies and like I have said before I love the ID channel. Real murder is real---and I am always horrified by people that murder. I just saw in the paper that a man near here killed a man he thought owed him two dollars and another man killed a woman right in the street in front of her house because she stole forty dollars from him. Who needs horror---we have it in our daily lives. When I was in college we all roamed the streets day and night and never thought much of danger. Now I would probably be murdered or something like that. Lucky my old holler friend made me wise and I am always aware of the bad around me. Girls--you cannot trust anyone these days and I have learned the hard way. But if scary movies rock your world--then rock on!

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

Audra Rose
True Blue Farmgirl

2204 Posts

Vanessa
Brooksville KY
USA
2204 Posts

Posted - Sep 29 2019 :  05:52:09 AM  Show Profile
My sweetie and I watch Svenghoolie on MeTV on Saturday nights. They are older movies, and last night was the original Dracula. I have a soft spot for Japanese monster movies but I haven't been able to see the latest Godzilla movie.

Farmgirl Sister #6754
Doxie Mom - Everyone loves a Weiner!

There's no place like home!
Dorothy Gale

Nature speaks in symbols and in signs.
John Greenleaf Whittier

Edited by - Audra Rose on Sep 29 2019 05:53:03 AM
Go to Top of Page

hoosiercountry
True Blue Farmgirl

572 Posts

karla
north port fl
USA
572 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2019 :  4:28:25 PM  Show Profile
I was band from scary movies when I was 8 years old when after watching a scary movie, with my aunt who had been baby sitting me, I woke everyone in the house with high pitched screaming, someone was in my room touching my arm. My poor dad when out and looked all around only to find out it was my blanket.
But thank goodness for older brothers who were able in get me back in front of the T.V. on Saturday nights for Nightmare Theater with Sammy Terry and his floating spider George. The Blob, Creature of the Black Lagoon, and all the Godzilla movies, loved them all. My all time favorite is Poltergeist. The scariest was "In Cold Blood", a true story about a farm family that was murdered in their home. I was 14 years old and watched it with my mom, you would think I would have been OK, nope, I woke up around 2 a.m., which they said is about the time their home was broke into, and laid there frozen in fear at every little noise, and in an old farm house there are a lot of noises. LOL Hugs Karla

FGOM March 2018

I dusted once, it came back. I'm not falling for that again.
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Oct 04 2019 :  6:51:48 PM  Show Profile
Tonight I watched a oldie from 1944. " The Mummy's Ghost". The old black and whites and still wonderful to watch. I plan on watching the old Dracula, too.

Farmgirl 7774

Never miss a sunset

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
  Across the Fence: Previous Topic scary movies Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page