loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2019 :  5:18:50 PM  Show Profile
As the deodorant did not turn out the way I wanted it too I decided to move on to something else. I made some sugar scrub. I found a recipe and tried it but it seemed rough. I wanted something that would nourish my skin. I played around with it and made a batch that I just love. I added avocado oil, jojoba oil, coconut oil, sweet almond oil, and Bronner's soap along with the sugar. I absolutely love it. My skin feels like a million bucks when I am done with my shower.

Lori Beck

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  1:02:58 PM  Show Profile
Lori, I'm happy to hear that you made a scrub that you love! Scrubs are awesome! It's been awhile since I have made one. I think I'm due too!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  8:50:57 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I have bought them before but they are so expensive. I am trying to learn to make my own. That way I know what is in them and I can add whatever I want to them. It also gives me a sense of pride to know that I am making my own bath supplies.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  11:41:01 AM  Show Profile
I made one at a day spa once. They had everything available and I was able to add what I wanted to my scrub. And surprisingly they even had salt to add. It's been so many years I can't remember exactly what each thing was good for. I think you are doing amazing, Lori! Keep it up!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  6:34:04 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Krista. I added 4 different types of oil to my recipe and it is luscious. I also make a foaming hand soap to match the sent of the sugar scrub. I made a blend for summer that I call Summer Citrus Blend. I made some for gifts for friends and they loved them. I just love making things to use and to give away as gifts.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  8:48:51 PM  Show Profile
Do you have plans to make any fall scented ones? Pumpkin spice ones would smell divine! We love the foaming hand soap. Was it difficult to make?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  6:40:51 PM  Show Profile
Krista, the foaming hand soap is so easy to make. I put 2 tablespoons of castile soap in a container that has a foaming soap pump on it. I add have a teaspoon each of jojoba oil, avocado oil, and argon oil. I add whatever essential oil I choose and that is it. The soap feels so good on the hands as it has the rich oils in it. I made a summer citrus blend with lemon, lime, and grapefruit with a touch of orange in it. Devine. I will be making fall scented ones, too.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

quilt8305
True Blue Farmgirl

409 Posts

Mary
Spokane WA
USA
409 Posts

Posted - Jul 18 2019 :  6:51:36 PM  Show Profile
Lori,

I have been trying to email you but my emails keep bouncing back saying undeliverable. I hope you got the quilting hoop. USPS notified me that it was delivered this morning, Thursday.Please let me know.

'Peace cannot be kept by force. It can only be achieved by understanding.' Albert Einstein
'Only a peace between equals can last.' Woodrow Wilson
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  09:27:34 AM  Show Profile
Lori, that is super easy! I think I will try and make me one in pumpkin spice next month! See how well that goes for me. Plus I need to finish our current foaming soap and save the bottle. Thanks Lori!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  5:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Awesome Lori! Thank you for sharing the foaming hand soap! I can't wait to try the recipe with some of my oils. I live making a coffee scrub! Makes my old skin feel 40 years younger!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  6:30:48 PM  Show Profile
Diana, I have never tried a coffee scrub. Sounds good though. I love finding ways to use things that might get tossed otherwise. I have been using most of my grounds right now for my homemade miracle gro. How do you make your coffee scrub?

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 19 2019 :  6:46:39 PM  Show Profile
Oh Lori!! I love reusing, recycling, repurposing too!! Some of our grinds go to the roses the other I mix with either honey( GREAT SKIN CONDITIONER) or coconut oil. Both make an amazing simple but awesome scrub!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 20 2019 :  6:30:22 PM  Show Profile
My kids laugh at me for reusing so many things. I always tell them it saves money and that makes it special. A penny saved is a penny earned. It's fun to learn new ways of using something that would otherwise end up in the landfill. I never thought of using honey in a scrub. Sounds interesting. Thank you

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  12:29:16 PM  Show Profile
Ohh! I love the idea of honey in a scrub. I bet it smells good too. I have never heard of using coffee grounds. Would it be the caffeine in it that makes your skin feel so good?

Krista
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 22 2019 :  12:39:34 PM  Show Profile
Oh YES Krista!! Plus your skin feels so smooth and I believe the caffeine works somehow tightening the skin. But the honey is awesome! Use it for my hair as well!! I buy local and I buy a lot of quart jars to see me through the year until the next season. Support for the local bee keepers and very beneficial for me. Win win!! If I dont use our coffee grinds for me I recycle around the rose bushes!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 23 2019 :  6:36:20 PM  Show Profile
Dianna and Krista, I have enough coffee grounds in my miracle gro and now it's time for me to make a sugar scrub. How much honey do I put in it? Do I need to add anything else besides the grounds and honey? I can't wait to see how it works.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 24 2019 :  11:41:39 AM  Show Profile
I'm paying attention as well. I would like to know how to make it! My feet could really use it!! Only problem is we don't have coffee grounds, but I will definitely get some.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 25 2019 :  7:13:32 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I should think that if you go to a café and asked for whatever grounds they have they may give them to you. I used to ask at the collage and they would give me their grounds for my garden.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  06:32:42 AM  Show Profile
Good morning Krista and Lori! I don't have a formula for my honey and coffee grind scrub realky. I just use a small tupperware, place my coffee grinds and probably use just enough honey to make it like a smooth paste. Its much better to apply it to dry skin than wet because you get the scrubbing benefits of the coffee then let it soak in a bit before rinsing to get the honeys skin conditioning benefits. I'm sorry I can't be more specific. But I do see wonderful results from its use!!! :)

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 26 2019 :  3:24:32 PM  Show Profile
Diana that's super easy! I'm going to make me so and give it a try. I'll ask and see of any of my neighbors have any coffee grounds first since I will only be making a little for the first try. Thank you so very much for the tips and ideas.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 28 2019 :  7:12:38 PM  Show Profile
Thank you, Dianna, I will give it a try. I have been saving some coffee grounds for the scrub since I now have enough for the miracle gro. I can't wait to try it.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 29 2019 :  8:23:04 PM  Show Profile
Lori, share with me how your scrub goes! I'm pretty sure you will beat me to it. I have a lot of other things I need to finish first.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 30 2019 :  5:17:11 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I'm about ready to make it. For sure I will have enough grounds by this weekend. I'll be glad to let you know how it goes. I love making different kinds of sugar scrubs.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2019 :  12:46:14 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lori! Good luck!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2019 :  1:04:57 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Lori! Good luck!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4314 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4314 Posts

Posted - Jul 31 2019 :  1:48:45 PM  Show Profile
Hope you like it Lori! I do love using mine! Just rinse well after scrubbing because the grinds sometimes want to 'stick' around! Lol, pun intended! My dh kept trying to "flick" the grind off thinking it was a gnat or something!! Bwahaha!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Merit Badge Chit Chat: Previous Topic sugar scrubs Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page