loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 06 2019 :  5:13:30 PM  Show Profile
Fall is my favorite season to decorate for. I love the colors, smells, chill in the air feel of Fall. I have recently started sorting through my craft supplies looking to see what I have to go towards making new things to decorate with or give away. Tell me if any of you girls have started working on Fall or Halloween crafts yet. Share what you are going to be working on for the Fall season.

Lori Beck

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Jul 08 2019 :  02:01:38 AM  Show Profile
Lori---I can't bear to think of autumn yet---even though I love it. I'm busy gardening and still have lots of things to paint outside. I can't seem to get going right with summer this year. I do admire your enthusiasm for fall though. My pumpkins and gourds are still tiny vines---got them in late because of rain. I want to savor each day of beautiful, glorious summer.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4330 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4330 Posts

Posted - Jul 09 2019 :  1:41:03 PM  Show Profile
Hey Lori! I'm such a fall loving gal I tend to plant my flowers in fall colors, wear summer clothes in my favorite fall colors and yes, plan my art and crafts around fall! Love, love, love it!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

katmom
True Blue Farmgirl

17023 Posts

Grace
WACAL Gal WashCalif.
USA
17023 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  08:56:41 AM  Show Profile
It's. A toss up between Autumn and Spring tho I lean more toward Autumn for the earthy colors and spicey scents...

>^..^<
Happiness is being a katmom and Glamping Diva!

www.katmom4.blogspot.com & http://graciesvictorianrose.blogspot.com

Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  11:34:08 AM  Show Profile
I do love fall too, but I am really enjoying my summer this year so I am in no hurry. Though, I was thinking just yesterday about preparing to make some fall crafts for sale. One of the things I plan to start on is a Jack Skeleton wreath. I saved the pattern from last year and plan to have it made before the first of October this year. Also when I get a chance I'll start looking for other fall decorations that I can make. It's crazy to start thinking about fall in the summer, but when you need to make things for fall you have too!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 10 2019 :  7:21:48 PM  Show Profile
Diana, I wear fall colors too. There is just something about the color of the leaves and the way they crunch under your feet. I love bon fires and marshmallow roasts. Sweater weather hits and sweaters are so much fun to wear. I don't want to rush summer but...……. LOL. I have so much fall crafting to get done. When fall hits it will be time to start on winter crafts. So much to do and so little time to get it done in. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4100 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4100 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  03:19:20 AM  Show Profile
lol pace yourself Lori. haha I agree so much to do. Fall is a beautiful time of year.

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6517 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6517 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  2:19:24 PM  Show Profile
I am a hopeless Fall enthusiast!! Down here in Florida, real fall changes come in late November and last through early January. As a result, I am usually in a state of pretending it's fall inside the AC!! LOL!! Usually, I plan an escape somewhere to visit in fall so that I can enjoy the beautiful leaves and chilly weather. A girl has gotta do what a girl has got to do!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 11 2019 :  8:32:51 PM  Show Profile
I agree with you Winnie. When I lived in Texas it was one season. I missed the changing seasons so much I moved back to Ohio so I could enjoy the fall. My hubbby and I go to Brown County to enjoy the changing color. We have 11 acres of woods so I don't know why we go somewhere else. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9234 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9234 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  04:13:23 AM  Show Profile
My very favorite season Lori! I decorate my home in colors of fall and love the scents and sights of fall.
I tend toward primitives for decor as it fits so well with fall colors and all.
I so look forward to the cooler weather and smells in the air. I always love the early mornings of August as they are cooler and seem to give the feel of fall in the air.

I am terrible at getting my projects for upcoming seasons worked on in time though.

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 15 2019 :  7:05:56 PM  Show Profile
Denise, I also love primitive décor. It seems like I have several pots in the fire and non of them are getting done. LOL. I love to put out pumpkins and Indian corn. The colors are so mellow and blend so well together. It won't be long and it will be time to put those beautiful colors out to display

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Jul 16 2019 :  2:21:50 PM  Show Profile
Spring and fall are my favorite seasons; Spring because it means an end to winter and fall because it means an end to summer. I don't do well in heat. I love the colors of fall, the way the air smells, and it just seems more restful. I've started doing wool appliqué and it all seems more fallish. Is that a word? It is now :-) Not that long ago I referred to appliqué as that "A" word, but I've found wool appliqué is far different from needle-turn and quite relaxing to do in the evenings.

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jul 17 2019 :  7:50:39 PM  Show Profile
I don't do well in the heat, either, Judith. I love the word, fallish. LOL. Those of us who love fall know exactly what that work means. LOL

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
  Stitching & Crafting Room: Previous Topic Shades of Autumn Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page