loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 26 2019 :  7:59:23 PM  Show Profile
For several years I have played with the idea of making my own skin care and cleaning products. This year I have put that notion into practice. I have started making my own sugar scrubs. It took a while to get it to where I was happy but it was well worth it. I am now getting ready to make my own deodorant and night time face serum. I even made a baking soda face wash that works great.
As far as cleaning supplies I make a homemade bathroom cleaner that I am beyond impressed with and a laminate floor cleaner. I even make toilet bombs for cleaning my toilet with.
I have infused some calendula oil and am planning to make calendula salve with it. I feel good about making things on my own and knowing what goes into the products I am using.

Lori Beck

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6680 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6680 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  12:28:13 PM  Show Profile
Lori, are you working on the Going Green Badge? I looks like you have completed quite a bit of it! You have been a busy bee making things better for you and you are rocking it! Keep up the amazing work. It will all be worth it in the end.

Krista
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Jun 28 2019 :  12:38:10 PM  Show Profile
Krista, I am working on my Going Green Badge. I have been researching the chemicals in commercial cleaners and it is scary. It not only is healthy to make your own but it is cheaper too. I want to make more of my bath and beauty products too

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page
  Here's to Your Health: Previous Topic Healty living for me Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page