Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Secret Sister Swap-Important announcement,
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Swap-Important announcement, Next Topic
Page: of 8

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  11:19:33 AM  Show Profile
Dear Secret Sister
Thank you for the yummy pumpkin spice candle in the lovely holder with acorns and oak leaves. I love it. We will light it on the first day of Fall, which is September 23 this year.
I love oak leaves and acorns! When I was little I called acorns teeny-weenie hats after a book I had. Wish I could remember the name of it now.

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  11:25:25 AM  Show Profile

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Sep 16 2019 :  6:33:50 PM  Show Profile
Hi Debbie. Your secret sister would like to know what your favorite brand/scent candle is and how you decorate for christmas.

A little rain can straighten a flower stem. A little love can change a life.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  08:46:29 AM  Show Profile
Hi julie, I would like to know also candle scent and decorating for fall and Christmas. Thanks.

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  08:56:05 AM  Show Profile
Hi Julie, I like Yankee Candles the fall scents and Christmas is Pine or tree scents.
I love decorating vintage for Christmas, I love the old ornaments, Santa’s, anything that looks old.
Thank you.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  10:16:39 AM  Show Profile
I think it would be great if everyone would post their favorite candle scents and how you like to decorate for fall, Halloween and Christmas.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  10:23:15 AM  Show Profile
For Fall we decorate with a lot of leaves, pinecones, scarecrows, pumpkins, etc. We do not really decorate for Halloween. For Christmas, we decorate with with snowmen, gingerbread houses and men, nutcrackers, greenery, and nativities. We do not do much with Santa, though I'm looking into the possibility of doing something for St Nicholas Day, on the 6th.

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

RachelLeigh
True Blue Farmgirl

634 Posts

Rachel
Rainier WA
USA
634 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  10:33:44 AM  Show Profile
Favorite candle scents - pine/any of the evergreen tree scents, cinnamon, that general "fall-ish" scented candle that everyone sells.

Decorating for fall for me just means putting out a few pumpkin or changing-of-the-leaves themed items.

Chanukah begins this year at sundown on December 22nd. Because it's an eight-night holiday celebrating light and because it's a minor holiday on our Jewish calendar, I let my candles each night represent the holiday. I used to go all-out with decorating, but now I'm very low-key about it because it's just beautiful to bring all that light into the darkest part of the year through lighting candles on one or more menorah each night.

Farmgirl Sister #127
My blog: http://14thandoak.com
"Nowadays, even living simply - working only to acquire life's most basic necessities, demands so much." - Rebbe Nachman of Breslov
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  11:10:47 AM  Show Profile
I Decorate for every Holiday. I use to decorate for Halloween but a few years back I just switched over to Fall And A Thankfulness theme. I do a lot of Leaves, Acorns, Sunflowers, Pumpkins, I have a Little Farm Town I display with all white Farm Animals. I have 3 large Angels in my Home and even they get decorated for the Holidays. It lifts my Spirits to decorate for every Holiday. MY Mom Always did but I went bigger than she did. And 2 of my 3 boys out due me sometimes. I love to see that I have passed down the Tradition to Them. My youngest Son and his Family really go overboard but they love it! And I enjoy seeing their Home during the Holidays too. My favorite Candles are limited because I have many allergies. Vanilla, Sugar Cookie, and some Pumpkin ones I can use. I just found a Soy Ginger Peach that doesn't seem to get my nose running...which is nice.

I have always incorporated Jesus and Santa in my Christmas Decor. I think they blend beautifully and my kids also do the same thing. I even have certain Coffee and Tea Mugs and snack plates for each Holiday too. Right Now as I type I am drinking from a Pumpkin Patch Mug that is just
adorable.

Happy Fall Everyone,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010
Dec 2011-Farmgirl of the Month
Aug 2018-Farmgirl of the Month

LOVE YOU TO THE BEACH AND BACK!

Edited by - LadyInRed on Sep 17 2019 11:22:05 AM
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  11:16:05 AM  Show Profile
My favorite candles are harvest time, pumpkin, candy corn, and Christmas cookie.

I love decorating for fall with as many pumpkins as possible. I especially love the fabric ones. Also I love scarecrows. Vintage items are my favorite as well as rusty items mixed in. Halloween I again love the sweetness of yesteryear. Nothing evil please.

Christmas is in much the same decor. I love traditional colors, old vintage is my favorite.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  11:16:17 AM  Show Profile
THANK YOU TO MY SECRET SISTER...I RECEIVED A LOVELY FALL TABLE RUNNER YESTERDAY FROM HER. It is just Gorgeous and will fit Beautifully
on my My Oak Dining Room Table. Just My Cup of Tea!!! I have just loved EVERYTHING you have sent so far. And feel very BLESSED by YOU!!!
I wish I could post pictures but still have not figured it out on my New Apple Pro. and I feel badly because half the FUN is seeing what everyone gets.

Love, Hugs, and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  12:54:25 PM  Show Profile
Peggy Ann --I Have an old MacBook Pro but maybe the method is the same. I take a picture with my phone and email it to myself. Click and drag the picture from the mail to the desktop. At that point I change the name to something I can recognize like "Runner". Then write your message here on the farm and click on the little square next to "Message" at the top of the message post. That will bring up a little page that says "Upload image". Click on the "Choose file" which will bring up a list of items on your desktop. Click on the "Runner" (or whatever you have called your picture) and that will add it to your message.
Note: you don't have to change the name of your picture but I can find mine easier by a name than I can by the number the phone gives my pictures.
Give it a try! I promise you won't break your computer :-)

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Sep 17 2019 :  1:54:47 PM  Show Profile
Judith...thank You...I will try that later and see if it works. I would have never guessed that method in a million years!

Bless You Girlfriend,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2019 :  3:36:06 PM  Show Profile

I am a luckiest Farmgirl! Look what arrived today from my Secret Sister, Truly my favorite things! It’s like Oprah’s Christmas Show! My purple blanket is so soft and fluffy, I am ready for my nap. I also received my favorite Yankee Candle, Home Sweet Home. Oh it smells so wonderful! And a book called Seasons of an Amish Garden, it has 4 stories. I can not wait to start it.
I really do not like having my photo taken. If I look at the camera I blink, so I was looking away petting Heidi our Mama Dachshund, but Kent did not include her in the photo.
I hope when my Secret Sister reads this it puts a smile on her face knowing how happy I am with my beautiful gifts.
Thank you so much Sweet Secret Sister for making me feel so special. I am off to take my afternoon nap;-)
Oops, I wanted to let all our Farmgirls in Texas that may be a part of the bad weather and flooding that I have you in my heart, thoughts and prayers.
Please stay safe .

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Sep 19 2019 4:04:25 PM
Go to Top of Page

StitchinWitch
True Blue Farmgirl

2132 Posts

Judith
Galt CA
USA
2132 Posts

Posted - Sep 19 2019 :  9:41:42 PM  Show Profile
It's a beautiful picture Debbie

Judith

Happiness is Homemade
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6436 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6436 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2019 :  08:27:31 AM  Show Profile
Thank you Judith, you are so sweet!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

MBurns
True Blue Farmgirl

1751 Posts

Marlene
Swisher IA
USA
1751 Posts

Posted - Sep 21 2019 :  09:09:05 AM  Show Profile
I love all things fall. fall scented candles, anything pumpkin spice, fall scarecrows, witches, pumkins, angels. birthday 12/29

Farmgirl friends are fun.
Go to Top of Page

loribeck
True Blue Farmgirl

588 Posts

Lori
Alvordton 36
USA
588 Posts

Posted - Sep 22 2019 :  5:31:00 PM  Show Profile
What a wonderful surprise from my secret sister. I received the cutest card ever. It is a pop-up card and when opened it pops up as a festive fall cappuccino. She added a sweet letter with it and a gift certificate for Starbucks. Yummy!!!! Thank you so much secret sister for your thoughtful, seasonal gift. It made my day.

Lori Beck
Go to Top of Page

treelady
True Blue Farmgirl

2283 Posts

Julie
Medina ND
USA
2283 Posts

Posted - Sep 24 2019 :  12:38:42 PM  Show Profile
Kristi-your secret sister would like to know how you decorate for Halloween.

Max Lucado
Go to Top of Page

kristina72
True Blue Farmgirl

180 Posts

Kristi
Cordova Tennessee
USA
180 Posts

Posted - Sep 25 2019 :  11:56:25 AM  Show Profile
I decorate with pumpkins for Halloween. Different shapes and colors :-)

Make Today Count (MTC) :-)

Go to Top of Page

Debi Carr
True Blue Farmgirl

738 Posts

Debora
Centreville Michigan
USA
738 Posts

Posted - Sep 28 2019 :  07:14:47 AM  Show Profile

I received a wonderful surprise from my secret sister! Bees was candles are the best ! Thank you

Farmgirl Hugs,
Debi #1983
Go to Top of Page

hudsonsinaf
True Blue Farmgirl

3162 Posts

Shannon
Rozet Wyoming
USA
3162 Posts

Posted - Sep 30 2019 :  08:08:19 AM  Show Profile
Dearest Secret Sister - Tuesday of last week I went to the post office to pick up my mail and had a package from you. I can never explain the impeccable timing and absolute delight of this package! My hubby had back surgery on Wednesday... it was a longer than planned surgery, and he had multiple complications afterwards. The book and magazine you sent, went with me as I sat and waited, by myself, at the hospital, three hours from our home. The Fall items you sent have added a lovely warmth and hominess to our home, which has brightened things up around here! Thank you so much for your generosity!!!! You are a true blessing <3

~ Shannon, Sister # 5349
Farmgirl of the Month - January 2016
http://hudson-everydayblessings.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

lovinRchickens
True Blue Farmgirl

3435 Posts

Kelly
Pipe Creek Texas
USA
3435 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2019 :  4:01:58 PM  Show Profile
Thank you my sweet secret sister - all things I love in one box, honey bee art, fall socks, simplicity half apron, beautiful coasters, dark choc/mint sweets, and a BEAUTIFUL fall card. I felt so Blessed. Thank you so much.

Farmgirl #5111
Farmgirl of the month October 2014 & January 2019
Blessings
~Kelly~

Edited by - lovinRchickens on Oct 11 2019 10:59:56 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dirtduchess
True Blue Farmgirl

692 Posts

Patsy
Decatur TX
USA
692 Posts

Posted - Oct 01 2019 :  5:11:03 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to you my sweet Secret Sister.
I love the Shakespeare book you sent to me.
I just have to brag on it to my farm sisters.
I love anything about old English literature.
This book was published in 1938. There are 1,113
pages. The cover is a beautiful old red fabric. The pages
are bound together with white thread. This book is beautiful.
I will always treasure it.
I can't wait to be reading it by a cozy fire on chilly days this fall and winter.
Thank you so much again.
Hugs.

Patsy
Farmgirl 4678

Leave room in your garden for the fairies to dance.
Go to Top of Page

LadyInRed
True Blue Farmgirl

6740 Posts

PeggyAnn
Vancouver WA
USA
6740 Posts

Posted - Oct 02 2019 :  12:16:36 AM  Show Profile
Patsy...what a Treasure! I Love Old Books Too! So, I can relate to your Excitement.
A Cold Night by the Fire with hot tea or cocoa...and your new treasure...sounds
delightful. Right now I am drinking a cup of Hot Tea that My Secret Sister sent to
me and it is sooooooooo. yummy!!

Love and Joy,
Peggy

Farmgirl #1326
Member since Feb. 2010

Edited by - LadyInRed on Oct 02 2019 12:18:59 AM
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 8 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Secret Sister Swap-Important announcement, Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page