Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Fourth of July Swap ~ Partners Posted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fourth of July Swap ~ Partners Posted Next Topic
Page: of 5

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2019 :  06:33:31 AM  Show Profile
Lori, please thank your sons and family for your service. It means so much.
I am happy every one is having fun.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Farmgirl of the Month September 2012 and February2018
“My altars are My Mountains
and the ocean.” Lord Byron”
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2019 :  7:43:17 PM  Show Profile

We have only 3 days until 4th of July, I can not wait. I bought 20 more flags today.
Goodnight my sweet Farmgirl Sisters.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
when someone breaks our wings we simply continue to fly on our Broomsticks. We’re flexible like that.
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1614 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1614 Posts

Posted - Jul 01 2019 :  8:01:11 PM  Show Profile
Debbie, Such a wonderful swap and love what everyone got. Thanks so much for hosting this swap. Thinking of what I can do for next year. GOD BLESS AMERICA Have a wonderful 4th of July and stay safe.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  10:43:47 AM  Show Profile
Something I need to share:
It is with sadness and a broken heart that I share this sad news with my Farmgirl Sisters. We have lost a soldier in Our little community of Florissant, CO, Sgt. 1st Class Elliott Robbins. Our family along with the rest of our community will be putting out flags around their business and along Hwy. 24 the road in and out of Florissant. We Please keep his family in your prayers. Thank you.
RIP Sgt. Robbins, thank you for your sacrifice and service to our country and our freedom. Job well done Sir:-(

Hi everyone,

Some of you may have heard on the news that we lost three soldiers this week in Afghanistan. While we mourn all those who have served and paid the ultimate price for our country - one hit us much more close to home.

Elliott J. Robbins and his wife, Victoria are the new, young owners of Costello's Coffee Shop, in Florissant, at the junction of Teller 1 and 24. Elliott was the gracious smiling face that greeted you there, and was always excited and humbled by everyone's patronage. Elliott often shared their hopes and dreams of building the Coffee Shop's business. They had lots of plans - now all cut short.

Elliott was one of the soldiers reported killed on June 30th. Heartbreakingly, he was only three weeks from coming home he and Victoria had just had their first son, Elliott,Jr., just a few weeks before this deployment began. Elliott Jr. will be growing up without knowing his daddy.

Costello's is closed now, understandably, but there is a note on the door that says they plan to open the morning of July 4th. Several of us old military types thought it would be a fitting tribute if they opened their doors to a flood of American flags placed in the borders around the Coffee House by our community, as a show of support. If any of you, would like to help us in this effort, break out your flags and feel free to join us and pass the word. I am sure Victoria and little Elliott are going to need all the love our community can show them.

I guess, there may be some who may not share this sentiment for one reason or another. That is certainly your right. But please save that for some other time and just know there is a young, grieving widow that desperately needs our support right now. I hope we can join together as a community and honor Elliott's memory and encourage his family in this small way. To us, showing support for a young widow who has given everything for our country, is one of the most fitting ways we can think of to mark the real meaning of the Fourth of July.

If you agree, grab a flag or two and plant them outside Costello's before they open in the morning on the Fourth (in the borders - not blocking the parking lot. ) Let's flood the place with love and support!

We also hope to place a basket inside for cards for Vicky and little Elliott.

Here is a link for more information on Elliott and his distinguished service to our country : https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/01/army-identifies-third-soldier-killed-afghanistan-recent-days.

Thanks,

Dane and Annemarie Egli, Sandi Boehr

Army Identifies Third Soldier Killed in Afghanistan in Recent Days
https://www.military.com/daily-news/2019/07/01/army-identifies-third-soldier-killed-afghanistan-recent-days.html

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jul 02 2019 11:08:17 AM
Go to Top of Page

suny58
True Blue Farmgirl

4331 Posts

Dianna
Jack Al.
USA
4331 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  11:14:20 AM  Show Profile
Oh Debbie, I'm so sorry!!! Danny told me what happened but I dod not know one of them was a hero among your community!! My heart has gone out to the families but now extended to the communities in which they and their families reside. Living here at Ft. Rucker we've had our share of casualties and it always amazes me how close our community is but even more when it hits home. Much love and
heartfelt prayers!!!

Farmgirl #7103
FGOTM January 2018
Dianna
"Blessed are they that see beautiful things in humble places, where other people see nothing." Pissarro
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  12:04:51 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Sara and Dianna.
Dianna, we live within an hour of 5 military installations so we seem to lose a lot of soldiers. The 3 soldiers we just lost were all 3 from Ft. Carson, but CO was not their hometowns I do not believe. Elliott and his family just happened to make their home in our little community. And we are so Blessed to have them and they own our favorite little coffee shop. It is just so sad. And every single time I hear another one of our special soldiers has lost their life in Afghanistan I take pause and say a prayer for my Farmgirl Sister and her hubby to keep him safe and bring him back home safely to his family waiting with open arms for him.
Being a retired military wife and having been through a war and my heart stopping every time my phone rang or the doorbell, I understand and this is the reason why I love our country and our flag. I do what I do to honor all our soldiers past and present. And this is why I have my permanent Hero Wall in my living room to honor them all. Now look here my eyes are leaking so I have to stop, so here is a picture of my Hero Wall. My Dear Sweet Friend Lori ( My Hero) who lost her battle to breast cancer this past May is my lastest addition to my wall. As well as my girlfriends Son Jeremy (My Hero) not yet 21 who also died in Afghanistan a few years ago. And one of my best friends husband David also My Hero all gave their lives for my freedom. They are the reason I am so patriotic and love my freedom because of them and others all My Hero’s. I do not know any other way to honor them and to let their families know I feel their pain as I feel it with them.
Dianna, enjoy Danny and hold him tight, tell him for me thank you and he too is a Hero.
So today is hard for me to yet lose another one if our own, I am so sad and teary eyed.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and

Edited by - Blessed in Colorado on Jul 02 2019 12:16:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

quiltee
True Blue Farmgirl

7446 Posts

Linda
Terrell TX
USA
7446 Posts

Posted - Jul 02 2019 :  5:48:38 PM  Show Profile  Send quiltee a Yahoo! Message
We are so sorry to hear about the death of any soldier, but especially when they hit close to home. I know your town will honor him, as he should be honored - the flags are a great idea. We are free because of these heroes.

Farmgirl hugs,
Farmgirl #1919
Farm Girl of the Month August 2015 and April 2017
Linda O
Lone Oak, TX

"Women are Angels, and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly . . . on a broomstick - we're flexible, like that."
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2019 :  06:05:22 AM  Show Profile
It is the day before 4th of I hope by now everyone has received their 4th of July packages. If not let me know please.
It has rained most everyday so I have not been able to finish putting the rest of my banners and flags out. I enjoy doing it slowly up to the red, white and blue day!
Thank nail tomorrow.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

Simple Living
True Blue Farmgirl

1402 Posts

Joan
Staten Island NY
USA
1402 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2019 :  07:53:57 AM  Show Profile
So sad to hear the news. It's heartbreaking for all especially the family and ones who loved him. Prayers for all.

Put your hair up in a bun, drink some coffee and handle it.
Cards by Joan Creations on FB
Farmgirl #3842
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 03 2019 :  4:29:00 PM  Show Profile

To Honor SFC Robbins and to Support his Wife Victoria and 6 Month Old Son Elliott.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2019 :  06:44:57 AM  Show Profile
Happy 4th of July my Beautiful and Sweet Farmgirl Sisters. Let me again say Thank you for joining the swap and making it so darn fun, y’all are Great!
I hope y’all have a fun filled day with your Family and Friends. I love this wonderful Country of ours, America! Let us not forget the men and women who fought and died for us and our country and those who are still fighting. And of course their families!
I love this swap and hope to do it again next year and I will enjoy the day with my family as well, I am so thankful and Blessed!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2019 :  2:11:57 PM  Show Profile

Here I am your Hostess. Happy 4th of July!

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9245 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9245 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2019 :  5:51:56 PM  Show Profile
You look so adorable in your red, white and blue Debbie!
JT and I just hung out at home. Went and got our blueberries and peaches. Listening to the fireworks from the high school going off. You are a wonderful hostess!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blessed in Colorado
True Blue Farmgirl

6448 Posts

Debbie L.
Oregon
USA
6448 Posts

Posted - Jul 04 2019 :  7:32:13 PM  Show Profile
Love ya Denise.

Big Hugs,
Debbie
Blessed in Colorado
Women are Angels, and
Go to Top of Page

ladypony76
True Blue Farmgirl

313 Posts

Angela
Louisville MS
USA
313 Posts

Posted - Jul 13 2019 :  3:05:26 PM  Show Profile
hope you liked your package Debi we have been really busy here so sorry for taking so to get back online
Farmgirl Hugs,
Angela #6681

Farmgirl Farming on Faith!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Fourth of July Swap ~ Partners Posted Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page