Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Fabulous Farm Collectibles
 *Farmgirl Swap
 Staycation Farmgirl Swap! ** PARTNERS**
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Staycation Farmgirl Swap! ** PARTNERS** Next Topic
Page: of 5

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  12:39:53 PM  Show Profile
Thank you Laurie! for sending me such wonderful things from your corner of the world! Alvin, Texas- Brazoria County! I Love your card! Texas Bluebonnets are one of my favorite flowers! I love that you know where you hubby's Great Grandfather's meat market was! I enjoy reading about the history of towns and cities in America! I love landmarks like your Stanton's grocery!! I plan to sit down after supper and read more about Brazoria County! I think I could be a Texas Farmgirl too!! I have so many wonderful Farm Sisters from Texas! Our minds and Hearts think alike!

I would also like to take this opportunity to say Thanks again! for the many handmade things you have gifted me and Lily June with! The apron- smock you made her is priceless!! I cannot make as many handmade things as I use to, so I so appreciate the time and kindness that goes into them!!
I can't wait to try the Texas Caviar!
Hugs! Connie #3392
Imagine....

Edited by - Killarney on Jun 07 2019 12:41:32 PM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  4:46:08 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joyce - I'm happy you enjoyed your staycation package! Enjoy your visit to Central Oregon!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  4:47:00 PM  Show Profile
I'm loving the staycations packages and creativity, ladies! Thank you for posting pictures to share!! I hope everyone is enjoying their visits to another farmgirls corner of the world!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

laurzgot
True Blue Farmgirl

1599 Posts

Laurie
Alvin Texas
USA
1599 Posts

Posted - Jun 07 2019 :  8:13:25 PM  Show Profile
Connie, I am so glad you like your staycation package. And yes we do think alike all of us gals.The Texas Caviar is good. You are so welcome I enjoy making things for people. It is always fun reading and learning about new places.

Hugs,
Laurie
Country girl at heart
"Smile and be yourself everyday."

Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 09 2019 :  08:43:45 AM  Show Profile
Judy, I received my lovely staycation package last night after returning home from 11hours of back to back soccer games! It was such a nice and relaxing surprise to sit down and open it! I loved how you had individually wrapped each item and decorated them with travel stickers! I loved each item you sent; your home made maple syrup, the amazing looking moscito marmalade, and the soap takes me away just by one whiff of it! Loved the post cards and magnet, too! I will be sitting out on my patio today reading thru the magazine and brochures you sent to enjoy a relaxing afternoon in Wisconsin! Thank you for your lovely letter, which I did open last! I appreciate your generosity! ((hugs)). Will post pictures shortly!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038

Edited by - Dreamer42 on Jun 09 2019 7:48:40 PM
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  07:34:22 AM  Show Profile
Im so glad it made it there with no breakage and that you enjoyed it! It was so fun putting together.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

levisgrammy
True Blue Farmgirl

9203 Posts

Denise
Beavercreek Ohio
USA
9203 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  09:51:53 AM  Show Profile
Connie
I received my staycation pkg today. Thank you for the pages sharing all the things you have there in Tennessee. Interesting information.
What goodies you have all around you. I am anxious to try the peach jelly from Jones Orchard since you always share those great photos of the market they have. She sent my beautiful smelling soaps, local made candy, and a sweet little ceramic quail. There are two magazines and a tourist guide am looking forward to perusing it!there is also a little square canvas she made. Thank you Connie!

~Denise
Sister #43~1/18/2007

"Home is where we find comfort, security, memories, friendship, hospitality, and above all, family. It is the place that deserves our commitment and loyalty." William J. Bennett

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

http://www.ladybugsandlilacs.blogspot.com/
Go to Top of Page

JudyT
True Blue Farmgirl

196 Posts

Judy
Southwest Wisconsin
USA
196 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  12:25:59 PM  Show Profile

We were away helping our son and daughter-in-law pack up and move and my package from Winnie was waiting for me when we returned yesterday. When I opened my box and each individually wrapped item I was amazed at how much the contents in the box were so me. Thank you for the backpack as I will definitely use it when we go hiking, the little care package is already in my car for emergencies. The mug rug is holding my coffee but when the weather gets more warmer I will be making iced tea with the tea you gave me. The taffy and literature will be packed for our journey to Florida where on the way I’ll be reading and eating taffy. I may share a piece or two with my hubby. The coaster is by my sewing machine when I have my tea or coffee while I sew and the postcard was very interesting.
Thanks so much Winnie it was an awesome staycation to Florida.

Judy~Farmgirl Sister #599
I've lived in an urban area most my life, but now I'm living in a rural area up on a ridge in the Ocooch Mountains in Southwest Wisconsin, sharing my life at...http://dailyyarnsnmore.com
Go to Top of Page

Killarney
True Blue Farmgirl

4848 Posts

Connie
Arlington TN
USA
4848 Posts

Posted - Jun 10 2019 :  3:08:07 PM  Show Profile
Denise, glad you liked everything. I didn't paint the canvas. A local artist did. I wish I could paint! Lol!!
Connie
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  07:45:47 AM  Show Profile
Awesome staycations, ladies!! Thanks so much for sharing pictures and gratitude!! Happy Summer to all!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  2:45:37 PM  Show Profile
Judy, I am so glad you enjoyed your staycation box and can use what I sent. How perfect for you to get my Florida stuff right when you are coming to Florida. I think driving along and enjoying Florida Salt water Taffy is a really good idea!! LOL!! Be sure you pick up a box to take back home!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 11 2019 :  5:31:31 PM  Show Profile
Marcy, my package arrived safely. Unfortunately we are away so I haven’t gotten it yet. I will post when we get home. It will be a wonderful surprise waiting for me and I am looking forward to it. Jaime, I am so sorry. I have checked all emails and haven’t gotten anything from you. Very frustrating for you too. Your package is ready to mail. Please send me a message or leave a voice mail at my cell phone number which is...
267-250-5925. Thank you for all of your efforts. I would not ordinarily put my cell phone number on a public line, but honestly, I think Jamie has tried to reach me thru numerous emails and nothing has worked, so my cell phone is the only other thing I can think of. Thanks again, Jamie. Joey

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 13 2019 :  5:40:56 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, Just a reminder: mail out date is tomorrow!!!

I hope everyone is enjoying their staycations!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Marcy
True Blue Farmgirl

2698 Posts

Marcy
Tiverton Rhode Island
USA
2698 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2019 :  12:48:31 PM  Show Profile
Marlee,

The postamn just delivered the greatest surprise! I love the magazine, the tour pamplets and the guide. I can't wait to try the gumbo mix that you sent, it smelled heavenly the second I opened the box. I've been planning on going to Louisiana for a while now. We were going to go there a few years ago, but I decided to got to Arizona instead. Next time it will be Louisiana! Not only do I want to see New Orleans, but I also want to go to St. Francisville, and a few other places as well. Thank you for such a nice package!
hugs,
Marcy

Farmgirl #170

FGOTM August 2012

Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give...Eleanor Roosevelt

Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jun 15 2019 :  2:26:38 PM  Show Profile
Hi Marlee, your package will go out in Monday. I apologized for the delay. I didn't have your address until a few days ago when April gave it to me. My only employee quit without notice this week so I had to work today to get some mowing and cleanup done at a school I maintain so it's ready for their graduation celebration tonight. By the time I got home the mailman had aalready been by. So I will pack it up and send it on Monday. Have a great weekend!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Jun 15 2019 2:29:24 PM
Go to Top of Page

edlund33
True Blue Farmgirl

1480 Posts

Marilyn
Renton WA
USA
1480 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2019 :  08:42:07 AM  Show Profile

Thank you Dianna for the fun package of goodies from Alabama! I have never seen cotton twigs before so this will be a fun addition to my decor. I also had I idea the peanuts were a major industry in Alabama.

I read up on boll weevils.....what ugly little dudes and they remind me of the strawberry root weevils that are such a problem here in the Northwest. Since I have a pesticide license for my business and have to deal with insects on occasion I got curious and did some research on the bill weevils and how they are they are managed. I'm happy to report they are no longer using DDT, Malathion, Diazinon and a slew of other nasty things and have shifted to more sustainable means such as beneficial insects, resistant cultivars of cotton. The best news is that they have not found genetic modifications the help with the problem. What refreshing news that was!

Well anyway thanks for the "visit" to Alabama! Maybe someday I will actually be able to set foot in your state!

This was a really fun swap. Thanks for hosting April!

Cheers! ~ Marilyn

Farm Girl No. 1100

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Edited by - edlund33 on Jun 16 2019 08:43:35 AM
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2019 :  1:41:24 PM  Show Profile
My pleasure, Dianna - I had a great time and I hope everyone else did too!
I have loved seeing each of the staycation packages posted, and the generosity and creativity in each one!
Wishing you all a most lovely summer!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2019 :  1:44:14 PM  Show Profile
Hi Ladies, Just a reminder that mailout deadline was yesterday, Saturday, June 15th.

Dear Strength.Dignity - Jamie!!
Joey is having a difficult time reaching you for your mailing address - I sent you an email, but unfortunately, I don't have your address yet to share with her.
Please email or call her or myself with your mailing address so she can mail off your wonderful staycation as well!! Please let me know if I can help in anyway!! If anyone else happens to have her current mailing address, please reach out to Joey with it! Thanks so much ~ April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Joey
True Blue Farmgirl

1868 Posts

Joey
Gulf Coast FL
USA
1868 Posts

Posted - Jun 16 2019 :  11:28:52 PM  Show Profile
Thank you April for following up on this. I hate that this is so late getting out to Jamie. Hopefully, soon.

Well behaved women rarely make history.
Farmgirl #5554
Go to Top of Page

Bluedog355
True Blue Farmgirl

127 Posts

Diana
Alstead New Hampshire
USA
127 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2019 :  8:02:04 PM  Show Profile
April what a fun swap this has been! Thank you for the great idea & hosting :)

Winnie, Sorry I goofed and yours went out today, you should see it Thursday according to my postal lady. My in-laws are in Florida, but I have not been since college! A bunch of us stayed overnight at the Alpha Gamma Rho house in Gainesville back in the day.

Marlene, your package came today, will try to post a picture tomorrow. Thank you, it looks beautiful there & some interesting reading! I have an Aunt who is a professor at Iowa State, but have more info from you! I did drive thru Iowa once on I 80 , but it was a blur. We stopped at a nice diner right near the Mississippi River and at that huge truck stop. Love the key chain & postcards and I am going to cozy up with a cuppa tea and read more closely, so interesting :)

Diana
farmgirl sister #6578
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 18 2019 :  9:56:03 PM  Show Profile
My pleasure! It was fun! I hope everyone had a great time!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  12:11:09 PM  Show Profile
Hi Joey!!

I heard back from Jamie!!!! I have sent you an email to both your husbands and your daughters email address you provided above!!! Please let me know you received it!! Thanks! April

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Jun 20 2019 :  3:08:44 PM  Show Profile
I am taking a "trip to visit Diana in Alstead, New Hampshire" this afternoon!! Thank-you Diana for so many interesting cards, magazines, and little bits of your home. It sounds like a lovely place and beautiful too!!

Local goodies included some Maple Syrup, Blueberry lip balm, Beeswax candles, a few local rocks, and lots of brochures, vintage postcards, and a fun newsletter!! I have more to look at and read tonight but it was wonderful to visit you and learn more about your home and specialties! Thank-you again, Diana for such a fun swap box today! Now I would love to come there for a real visit!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page

marlee
True Blue Farmgirl

1650 Posts

Marlene
DeRidder Louisiana
1650 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2019 :  06:46:28 AM  Show Profile
Oh Marilyn Thank you for the box of goodies.love it and the postcards,the change purse, the magazine of the area. You made my stay cation an adventure. Thank you my friend.

Hugs Marlee

God is the painter, he paints the picture. And his son builds it, for he is the Master Carpenter!

Silly Boys Trucks Are For Girls

Hugs: Heaven's Ultimate
Good Sign
Go to Top of Page

Dreamer42
True Blue Farmgirl

2654 Posts

April
Central Oregon
USA
2654 Posts

Posted - Jun 21 2019 :  10:35:36 AM  Show Profile
I just love seeing everyones staycation packages! Thanks to everyone for posting pictures to share!!

Dreamer42
Farmgirl Sister #7038
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 5 *Farmgirl Swap: Previous Topic Staycation Farmgirl Swap! ** PARTNERS** Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page