Save Password        REGISTER
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 General Chat Forum
 Holidays
 Happy Easter to all our Farmgirls!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Holidays: Previous Topic Happy Easter to all our Farmgirls!!! Next Topic  

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  10:59:16 AM  Show Profile
I hope all of you are having a lovely weekend to enjoy with family and friends. And hopefully Spring is finally arriving to our northern Farmgirls who had quite a frigid Winter this 2019!!

Here in north central Florida, we had big cold front push through yesterday and it brought blowing rains, high winds, tornadoes and flash flooding in places. It was a doozy!! Today, however, we had a few brief showers in the morning and then the sun came out and it is quite cool and breezy. It feels so clean and refreshing after such a rainstorm.

I am making hot cross buns at the moment and they are ready for the final baking. They have been a family tradition my entire life for Easter morning breakfast.

Do you have a special food or family tradition? Please share it with us here so we can learn more about the many ways our Farmgirl community will enjoy this holiday weekend.

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018

HollerGirl56
True Blue Farmgirl

1334 Posts

Barbara
Flat Top WV
USA
1334 Posts

Posted - Apr 20 2019 :  11:10:26 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter Winnie. A cold Easter here in WV---usually is. My Easter tradition is making deviled eggs and a ramp casserole. I just got invited to my cousins house for dinner at one and that means I will have to go home and cook for my husband while I am full. But nice to get invited somewhere. I will go alone as my husband is an old poop.

Old Age Ain't No Place For Sissies!------Bette Davis
Go to Top of Page

windypines
True Blue Farmgirl

4085 Posts

Michele
Bruce Wisconsin
USA
4085 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  08:45:32 AM  Show Profile
Happy Easter ladies!! Winnie our Easter tradition is danish coffee cake. the recipe is said to be from the "old" country- Denmark. My relatives were bakers, and as the story went artists, and horse theives. Not sure how true it was, but worth a giggle. Of course first off i dumped my chopped walnuts on the floor, lost about half. Good start!! LOL

Farming in WI

Michele
Go to Top of Page

Bonnie Ellis
True Blue Farmgirl

2474 Posts

Bonnie
Minneapolis Minnesota
USA
2474 Posts

Posted - Apr 21 2019 :  8:02:55 PM  Show Profile
Thanks Winnie! I hope your day was great!

grandmother and orphan farmgirl
Go to Top of Page

MaryJanesNiece
True Blue Farmgirl

6625 Posts

Krista
Utah
USA
6625 Posts

Posted - Apr 22 2019 :  1:32:40 PM  Show Profile
Happy Easter to you all. I hope you all had a wonderful day. I know we did. There was a little bit of rain and some cold wind, but overall it was a wonderful day. We don't have any food traditions other than turning all our colored eggs into egg salad sandwiches after Easter! That's what we had for lunch today!

Krista
Go to Top of Page

Red Tractor Girl
True Blue Farmgirl

6488 Posts

Winnie
Gainesville Fl
USA
6488 Posts

Posted - Apr 23 2019 :  2:42:26 PM  Show Profile
Thanks to everyone who stopped by and shared a bit of their Easter Day! I loved hearing from you too. Our holidays here at MJF, are always fun because we have so many diverse Farmgirls to share their ideas and thoughts!!

Winnie #3109
Red Tractor Girl
Farm Sister of the Year 2014-2015
FGOTM- October 2018
Go to Top of Page
  Holidays: Previous Topic Happy Easter to all our Farmgirls!!! Next Topic  
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Snitz Forums 2000 Go To Top Of Page